Cigar "PRESERVATION" method

Discussion in 'General Cigar Discussion' started by Amalgam, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Amalgam

Amalgam New Member

Hi there,

I have this small corner in my house where I have my humidor, pipe rack, wine rack that we call the "vice Corner". I have a couple of Ideas to keep decorating my corner and two of them involves keeping cigars for decoration purposes. So, Can I treat a cigar that is not going to be in a humidor from getting destroyed or disintegrated. Just you know one is a long neck wine decanter that I have full with bottle corks and I want to finish it with a cigar inside the neck. The other one is to create this small frame with the three parts of a cigar open (wrapper, Binder and filler) Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

2. Pugman1943

Pugman1943 Well-Known Member

Why not keep it outside the bottle but resting on the neck in a clear lucite block.

3. Amalgam

Amalgam New Member

Thank you Pugman that can be a possible solution. Nowadays they sale a lot of kits that make that job easy.

4. grateful1

grateful1 Oh My!

5. Amalgam

Amalgam New Member

Hey grateful 1 what is Cello

6. broblues

broblues planning and plotting

Why not urethane? Seal it up and it should keep looking good for a long time.

7. grateful1

grateful1 Oh My!

Cellophane.

Go into almost any old cigar shop and you'll usually see the old 'sample' boards mounted....and the cigars are in cellophane....really simple.

8. ironpeddler

ironpeddler Ye Old Newbie

ON or OFF?

9. JHolmes763

JHolmes763 Drinkin' the koolaid

You could also consider wooden replicas with real bands on them. Some can be painted to look half-smoked or whatever. One of the shops I visited had shadow boxes of "longest ash" cigars. They were actually wood, but you couldn't tell unless you got close. I only learned that they were wood by asking the owner after I read your post, btw.

-John

10. BSchmidt1981

BSchmidt1981 New Member

Cool idea. I'm going to have to search for some pictures of this.

11. CBoukal

CBoukal Long time Newbie

12. Amalgam

Amalgam New Member

OMG John thank you that is a great idea and CBoukal thanks for the link freaking interesting.