• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar "PRESERVATION" method

Amalgam

Hi there,

I have this small corner in my house where I have my humidor, pipe rack, wine rack that we call the "vice Corner". I have a couple of Ideas to keep decorating my corner and two of them involves keeping cigars for decoration purposes. So, Can I treat a cigar that is not going to be in a humidor from getting destroyed or disintegrated. Just you know one is a long neck wine decanter that I have full with bottle corks and I want to finish it with a cigar inside the neck. The other one is to create this small frame with the three parts of a cigar open (wrapper, Binder and filler) Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Why not keep it outside the bottle but resting on the neck in a clear lucite block.

Thank you Pugman that can be a possible solution. Nowadays they sale a lot of kits that make that job easy.

Why not urethane? Seal it up and it should keep looking good for a long time.

You could also consider wooden replicas with real bands on them. Some can be painted to look half-smoked or whatever. One of the shops I visited had shadow boxes of "longest ash" cigars. They were actually wood, but you couldn't tell unless you got close. I only learned that they were wood by asking the owner after I read your post, btw.

-John

You could also consider wooden replicas with real bands on them. Some can be painted to look half-smoked or whatever. One of the shops I visited had shadow boxes of "longest ash" cigars. They were actually wood, but you couldn't tell unless you got close. I only learned that they were wood by asking the owner after I read your post, btw.

-John

Cool idea. I'm going to have to search for some pictures of this.

-John

OMG John thank you that is a great idea and CBoukal thanks for the link freaking interesting.