• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar-Related Horses and their Return-on-Investment

Well, yesterday wasn't great for Arty's Cigar, who finished last in a field of 7. The comments simply said "Inside, no factor".

That puts us at a -42% ROI, but that is only a few races into it. I'll keep tracking this.

Nobody is scheduled to race at this point.

Here we go. Cigarzin  is entered on 1-31-15 at the Fair Grounds in a $12,500 claiming race going 6 furlongs. Wish him luck.

BOOM!

Saturday at the Fair Grounds Cigarzin changed our recent fortune, who was much the best in route to a win. He paid $17.80, $7.60, and $6.60, totaling a $32 win on a $6 wager. That bumped the ROI, although only momentarily, to 37.22 percent.

That was followed by some not-so-good returns.  Lighter Fluid raced later that night at Delta Downs, and the best thing the chart said was that he was "no factor" while finishing last. Morning Cigar did fare better, although not in the money while finishing 4th at Parx yesterday.

That puts the overall ROI in the black, though, and it is currently 2.92%.

Hava Cigar is entered on Wednesday, February 11 at Turf Paradise. $8,000 claimer going 6.5 furlongs.

Acigarisjustacigar is entered on Wednesday, February 11 at Aqueduct. $16,000 claimer going 6 on the inner track.

Best of luck to both of these horses.

I've been slipping. Probably the snow rotting my brain.

Hava Cigar raced on 2/11. Didn't fare well, finishing a well-beaten 6th. Acigarisjustacigar also raced on 2/11, finished 4th. Both horses were out of the money, putting the list back in the red. Sitting on -17.67% so far.

Arty's Cigar put up a working on Valentine's Day, so hopefully that'll mean a trip back to the track in the near future and a trip back to the black for the cigar-related horses.

Finally, an update!

Arty's Cigar is entered on 3/4/15 at Tampa Bay Downs going 7 furlongs on the dirt. $8,000 claimer shooting for $10,500.