• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Cigar Draft 2006 - ALPHA DRAFT

Do we have a pick start date yet? I seem to remember seeing a date somewhere but now I can't find it.

5:00 PM December 6, BT.

All the details of this pass are in the first/opening post. Now would be a good time for folks to review the guidelines on making picks, the Mystery Stick, etc.

Wilkey

I sat down with a cup of Joe this morning and read this thread.

Best of luck to everyone participating. From the looks of the known cigar list, it seems that there will only be winners in this draft.

[Note to self]

Wilkey likes Moontrance products. Hats in particular.

[/Note to self]

I sat down with a cup of Joe this morning and read this thread.

Best of luck to everyone participating. From the looks of the known cigar list, it seems that there will only be winners in this draft.

[Note to self]

Wilkey likes Moontrance products. Hats in particular.

[/Note to self]
Hey Bobby,

You're new here but it's never to early for one of these...

:laugh:
Wilkey

I had that coming! :D

I'm going to enjoy watching this draft unfold. It should be good!

If I understand this correctly we will be making our picks each day at 5:00 PM. That means it will take 84 days to complete?

I think you should tell the picker what the mystery pick was once the selection is made.

I think that once the draft starts players are expected to make their picks within a few hours, unless of course their pick comes up overnight. The first post outlines instructions for a player who expects that he will be away when his pick is up, see below. Am I understanding that correctly Wilkey?

9. What if I think I may not be online to make my pick in a timely manner?
In the case that you think you may not be able to be online around the time you anticipate your pick occurring, here is what you should do.
--- Post in the Draft Thread that you may not be online.
--- Choose THREE picks in order of priority from most to least wanted.
--- PM this list of three cigars to 1) the Draft Administrator AND 2) the player who comes after you. Whichever of these two individuals is online first will make your picks according to your priority list.

If I understand this correctly we will be making our picks each day at 5:00 PM. That means it will take 84 days to complete?
Not quite, BT.

December 6th at 5:00PM is when the draft starts. From that point on, players are encouraged to make their picks as quickly as possible, within reason. I'm hoping that the drafts will be completed in about one week's time.

Wilkey

I think that once the draft starts players are expected to make their picks within a few hours, unless of course their pick comes up overnight. The first post outlines instructions for a player who expects that he will be away when his pick is up, see below. Am I understanding that correctly Wilkey?

9. What if I think I may not be online to make my pick in a timely manner?
In the case that you think you may not be able to be online around the time you anticipate your pick occurring, here is what you should do.
--- Post in the Draft Thread that you may not be online.
--- Choose THREE picks in order of priority from most to least wanted.
--- PM this list of three cigars to 1) the Draft Administrator AND 2) the player who comes after you. Whichever of these two individuals is online first will make your picks according to your priority list.
Roger that, DDog. In fact, Mr Wolf in BRAVO Draft has already given notice that certain time periods may be tough for him. This is a good idea.

Wilkey

Yo Brandon whats up, did you ship your puts yet Bro? The deadline approaches we don't want to miss out. I hope they are en route!

Yo Brandon whats up, did you ship your puts yet Bro? The deadline approaches we don't want to miss out. I hope they are en route!

Thanks for the concern, but my gars are in route! I pmed Wilkey and let him know about the delay, but the gars are in transit. My schedule changed last week to 6am to 4pm (I work weekends) so it made it tough to get the gars out. Sorry for the delay, but they are on the way. No worries

Brandon

Thanks for keeping an eye out, BT. Brandon and I have been in touch and the cigars should touch down on the day the draft starts so there is no problem.

All Mystery Sticks have been catalogued. Cigars have been accounted for and this draft is essentially cocked, locked, and ready to rock.

Go ALPHA!

Wilkey

Thanks for the concern, but my gars are in route! I pmed Wilkey and let him know about the delay, but the gars are in transit. My schedule changed last week to 6am to 4pm (I work weekends) so it made it tough to get the gars out. Sorry for the delay, but they are on the way. No worries

Brandon

Cool, didn't want to see you miss out on the fun. I am ready with my first pick and will post it Wednesday no later then 6:30PM!

Looks like I made it in!! Here are my sticks for review

RP Old World Reserve Maduro Toro

Vegas Cubanas Generoso

Don Lino Africa Toro

AF King B

RyJ Cedros Deluxe #1 ('02)

Mystery Stick

Brandon
Brandon, I'm not familiar with this one. What size and what is the MSRP on that?

Wilkey

If you are not familiar with this stick, and like Don Pepin stuff then you need to smoke this cigar!! :thumbs: It is my favorite cigar by Don Pepin Garcia!! It is about 6x50 (generoso) and I found it for 6 bucks online. It cost me 7 at my local shop.

Brandon

btw, the best cigar in the whole group.... :thumbs:

FYI, there is a chance that I will not be able to make my first pick or two in a reasonable amount of time on Wednesday. I will decide my first few choices and PM to the two guys flanking me in the draft and also to Wilkey so I don't hold things up. It may not be a problem, but I volunteer with an EMS company from 1800 to 2300 so my availability will depend on if we are out on a call when my picks come up. I will come up with some picks and post/PM them tonight or tomorrow afternoon in case I am not around. Sound good?