• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo VI (KMM NOV 04)

CigSid

Love this place...
Another beautiful day here in SoCal... About 55 degrees out and not a bit of wind...

beautiful%20day_zps8i4qnhrh.png

In this picture, you can see my sand trap and golf cage on the left in front of the guest house…I spend a lot of time over there...

I found this box (KMM NOV 04) while filling a wish for a recent bomb... I figured since I'm going to break the seal, I might as well try one for myself…

This is a beautiful cigar with a smooth silky milk chocolate wrapper. Just a few soft spots, but I think she's going to smoke just fine...

1_zpszhql1ug3.png

I am pairing this beauty with ice water.

I decide to give this a little punch, test the draw... perfect...

Dry draw: sweet hay and barnyard, Although, not the kind of barnyard that is in Chino, Ca. near my studio, that I so affectionately call "land of 10,000 cows", this was the "good" kind of barnyard :) Initial taste "grass" and not the grass that "C" gets in Denver.. This is a fresh dry grass flavor that Cohiba's are so famous for, and some earth... Lots of earth... The kind of earth that coats your entire mouth, and even though it's not unpleasant, you do have to drink some water to wash it off a bit...

First third:

Grass still in the foreground, now mixed with leather, earth is still there, but not as "dirty"... On the retrohale, some nuts, combined with a bit of spice... maybe nutmeg...

2_zpsxxypktuv.png

Middle way through the first third, and I am finally getting some sweetness... like burnt sugar, or caramel... it is very nice and unexpected...

Second third:

Sweet hay has replaced the grass, and leather is still very strong. I am starting to get a bit of white pepper on the retrohale, which combines nicely with the sweetness.

3_zpsffm6rk0s.png

Halfway now, and this baby just leaped into another dimension... Pure nutmeg and baking spices at this point, and very nice indeed... It's just crazy how cigars can be so complex, changing flavors on a dime... I am about 45 minutes into this stick...

Nearing the end of the second third, and the nutmeg is fading, bringing back the leather and earth. A bit of black pepper on the retrohale...

4_zpszhcxbkic.png

Typical with this dry weather here in So Cal, I am getting a bit of wrapper peel... I use a little pectin, and it's as good as new...

Last third:

The nutmeg is back, with some semi-sweet chocolate... I am also getting a bit of coffee in the background...

The burn is a bit off, which is very common with Cuban cigars, and I just dip my finger on my tongue, and slightly dampen the area on the cigar burning the fastest, the "run" so to speak... I learned this a long time ago when I used to smoke... uh... well let's just say it was a very effective technique back then :) and works great with cigars as well...

Middle of the last third and getting spicier... I just love this "twang" that you only get with the Cuban tobacco... I also get more chocolate mixed with coffee, like smoking mocha... Very creamy and buttery right now...

Towards the end of the last third and the grass is back, with sweet hay and nutmeg in the background... Getting much spicier on the retrohale... I am really enjoying this...

Whoa, a little too much smoke through the nose, made me sneeze... but I am ok now :)

About an inch left, and I pull out my trusty nub tool, I am going to smoke as much of this as possible...

1%20inch_zpsdejrbgxy.png

Tons of smoke, very smooth, and delicious... Not a bit of heat... Obviously skillfully rolled, and a bit of salt on my lips...

Nearing the end, and I taste pure butter... It coats the mouth and tongue in a savory silky way...

I just noticed I haven't touched my water since the early “earthy” flavors... that's when you know it's a good one...

Nubbed:

nub_zpsfdodpv5a.png

Final notes:

* Total time to smoke was 1 and a half hours

* Aged 11 years, these Siglo VI's really start to shine

* There is going to be one lucky brother Monday or Tuesday that gets this cigar

* Started out mild, went to medium towards the middle, and ended medium full

* I can't remember the last time I tasted so much butter in a cigar

Total score 96 points.

Wow... great review... amazing cigar. Funny that you forget about your water out of pure enjoyment of that thing. That will indeed be one lucky brother that you are sending this off to.

I love the property... Although I don't golf, if I did I'd never get out of that sand trap..

Very nice review Bill. They are always fun to read. That cigar sounds amazing, especially the nutmeg and baking spices. Mmmm butter :D

And damn...that house..:eek:

Wow. Talk about nubbing a cigar. Now I see why you have to use a screw lol.
I gotta say, I thoroughly enjoy your reviews.

Really nicely done, Bill. A lot of the first half sort of reminded me of that Behike I smoked. You're good at this.

Nice Nubbing tool. Never thought of using a wood screw. I want one just like it. Please send me info on length, root dia, pitch dia, thread dia, pitch, material, and finish. ;) :D

Dang Bill. I really gotta buy some Cuban Cohibas. This review really sold it for me. :)

Great review Bill, thanks for posting. That cigar looked so damn good. Nice pics. I don't know if I've ever tasted butter in a cigar. I found that description very interesting. Sounds amazing!

I had an Esplendido and Subline, both from 2004 and they were so damn good. Great year, might have been the age as well.

Great review Bill.

Thanks for the review! Well done. The screw is probably easier to put in the cigar and has a better grip on the nub.

I agree! And love your place, wow! I hope that's a stainless steel screw, would hate to think you were getting "high" on the coatings they put on the regular ones ;) :eek: :D
Yes, absolutely stainless steel, the only way to go :)