• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Football Bowl Pick'em YEAR 5

I was at the Hawai'i Bowl. Unless you had money on San Diego State, it was a pretty snoozer of a game.

I was at the Hawai'i Bowl. Unless you had money on San Diego State, it was a pretty snoozer of a game.

I was surprised it was such a blow out. I watched the first half. The stadium looked empty. I guess it would be an expensive road game!

I was surprised it was such a blow out. I watched the first half. The stadium looked empty. I guess it would be an expensive road game!

I was surprised how lopsided the score was, too. It was over on the opening kickoff when SDSU ran it from endzone to endzone! We left about midway through the fourth quarter right after San Diego State too it into the 30's. As for attendance, it was about average for the bowl game and a little less, probably, than a UH game... though admittedly a good portion of the stands at a UH game consists of the visiting team's fanbase. We'll see what it's like at the Pro Bowl in a few weeks.

Pretty much every game from Christmas Eve on has been lopsided.

Any update on the Arkansas player? I had it on mute while I watched something else. Didn't look like he was moving at all when they carted him off. Hope he's ok.

*EDIT* Found this on ESPN -- good news:

"He's got a heck of a headache probably, but he's alive and well," said coach Bret Bielema, who noted that Reed was in the locker room after the Razorbacks' 45-23 victory. "[He was] walking, talking ... he smiled."

"When I went out there, he was moving around," Bielema said. "He was moving his arms, but he got knocked out. He was out as out gets. So that part was there, and they did an unbelievable job of precaution."

Pretty much every game from Christmas Eve on has been lopsided.

Any update on the Arkansas player? I had it on mute while I watched something else. Didn't look like he was moving at all when they carted him off. Hope he's ok.

*EDIT* Found this on ESPN -- good news:

"He's got a heck of a headache probably, but he's alive and well," said coach Bret Bielema, who noted that Reed was in the locker room after the Razorbacks' 45-23 victory. "[He was] walking, talking ... he smiled."

"When I went out there, he was moving around," Bielema said. "He was moving his arms, but he got knocked out. He was out as out gets. So that part was there, and they did an unbelievable job of precaution."

I was just reading that, it looked like a pretty wicked injury when it happened. He's lucky.

Holy Crap, Batman...

What happened to Oregon? Did they pull their starters in the second half?

Holy Crap, Batman...

What happened to Oregon? Did they pull their starters in the second half?
I didn't even watch it after halftime! I had to leave for work, I didn't even follow it on ESPN, I figured it would be a blowout.

I wasn't watching either. I went outside for a smoke in the second when they were opening it up, and then turned on UFC when I came back in. TCU won in 3/OT. Wow. Someone said that Oregon's starting QB went down, and then they couldn't even line up properly with the backup. Still makes no sense why the defense broke down so bad.

I wasn't watching either. I went outside for a smoke in the second when they were opening it up, and then turned on UFC when I came back in. TCU won in 3/OT. Wow. Someone said that Oregon's starting QB went down, and then they couldn't even line up properly with the backup. Still makes no sense why the defense broke down so bad.

I didn't know that about Oregon's QB. I saw the line went from PK to Oregon -7 after the TCU QB and wide receiver got in a brawl outside a San Antonio bar. I was going to change my pick from TCU to Oregon, but I forgot about it until the game had already started.

Crazy game. Oregon's QB and center were pathetic...couldn't snap the ball high enough for him to handle. If my math serves me correct, looks like StatHaldol wins.

Congrats!

Thanks Clint! It's unusual for me to win anything, I guess even a blind hog can stumble upon an acorn.

Thanks Clint! It's unusual for me to win anything, I guess even a blind hog can stumble upon an acorn.

You started WAY out front and you stayed there! Congrats on the win this season!! And I also think 2nd and last are locked up as well. I will still wait till the final game to get out PMs to everyone assigning whom is sending to who.

You started WAY out front and you stayed there! Congrats on the win this season!! And I also think 2nd and last are locked up as well. I will still wait till the final game to get out PMs to everyone assigning whom is sending to who.
Sounds good...thanks for the contest.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for putting this together for year number five!