• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Costa Rica cigars

This should be a good read...I'm curious about these smokes. I've had Costa Rican tobacco before and found it to be good, but it wasn't blended well with other tobaccos so it was lacking something. A puro, though, that would be neat.

BlindedByScience said:
Cigars are going out to the reviewers this weekend.  I've asked the reviewers to finish up their reviews no later than than 3-15-2014 so that gives us almost three weeks to smoke three cigars.  I’d originally targeted March 8th but I think this is more realistic and will give us time to do a solid review.  

I'll collect the reviews and post them in a separate review thread, as the reviews come in.

Thanks to all - B.B.S.

Just few days left... can't wait for your reviews  ;)

I have many of the reviews in and will try to get the reviews for the first cigar posted over the weekend.  I'll start a thread in the "Cigar Reviews" forum and post a link here when I get that far.

These cigars were smoked by a team of reviewers with decades of experience between them.  The reviews were written completely independently, with no knowledge of what the other reviewers had to say.  It's clear to me that lots of time and thought went into the reviews....I'm impressed.  My plan at this point is to post the reviews for one of the sticks, discuss for a couple days, post the reviews for the next cigar, discuss for another couple of days, then post the final batch of reviews.

I hope the forums find the reviews interesting and we get some good discussion as a result.

Looking forward to the reviews. Thanks for putting this together for us.

I look forward to seeing the reviews.  I have been very curious about purchasing some of these.

please-stand-by_zps14dd3778.jpg

Pulling some things together, the first review will go up later today.  I'll post a link here when it does.

I have to say that both the Manufacturer's gracious responses and Tom's fair approach and subsequent actions are to be most heartily respected and commended.

Tried very hard to create and foster a level playing field, thanks for the nice comments on that.  Biggest thanks go to the guys that put real time and focus in to very honest, very objective reviews.

I'll get the next one up in a couple days, the last a couple days after that.

BlindedByScience said:
Tried very hard to create and foster a level playing field, thanks for the nice comments on that.  

Tom you very well did my friend. I really appreciate you taking this on as I know the time and effort that it took to coordinate this on your part - thank you brother!

Gentlemen, we have two more reviews to post.  I have them all, just putting a little time between them so we don't bomb the forums with 15 reviews all at once.

I'll get the next one up Tuesday, the last on on Thursday.

BlindedByScience said:
Gentlemen, we have two more reviews to post.  I have them all, just putting a little time between them so we don't bomb the forums with 15 reviews all at once.

I'll get the next one up Tuesday, the last on on Thursday.

Waiting for it... :)