• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Fantasy Football 2 - 2014

"Can't see the line, can us Russ?" Lol

Question though, have we always started the playoffs in week 15, ending in week 16 (2 week playoff) or is that new this year?

Just wondering because it's a little different than a few other leagues I'm in which start this week.

In this 10 team league, as in years past, only 4 teams make the playoffs.  Looking back I think Doc suggested this year to make it 6 teams, I think we vote on this for next year as we have a talented group of guys here and the competition is usually pretty tight.

I just spent about 15 minutes typing up where we are at in the playoff push, but my computer reset so now I have no interest in starting over….  So, in short; All but the final spot has been claimed; Jake is currently in 4th and I am pushing to take it from him.  With a win and his lose I am in, if we both win but I score more than him by 58ish points, I am in, but, and , if we both lose, Brian can sneak in with a win and 23ish more points scored than Jake….

*****Contest!!!***** (open to league members only; 1st person to get all four answers correct win a little somethin somethin..)

Since this playoff explanation reminds me of one of my favorite underrated movie, and to continue with the movie quote fun….

Name what movie the below quote came from, the main character, the nickname of the main character’s ball, and which set of cheerleaders were the best out of the teams.

Dan Patrick: With the first nine months of the “********” postseason out of the way, the playoff picture is starting to emerge.

Kenny Mayne: So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Milwaukee Beers must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number to three.

Dan Patrick: Right, and then the Beers can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.

Kenny Mayne: So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

Ok I'll try.

BASEketball
Trey Parker "Joe 'coop/airman' cooper"
La-z-boy
Beers cheerleaders (though I am guessing this is somewhat objective to errr..taste?) :)

{tpc} said:
Ok I'll try.

BASEketball
Trey Parker "Joe 'coop/airman' cooper"
La-z-boy
Beers cheerleaders (though I am guessing this is somewhat objective to errr..taste?) :)
Winner Tony!  I especially liked the Beers cheerleaders when they were in mourning of the old guy.  Funny movie, I need to find it on DVD!
I'll get something out sometime next week assuming you don't beat me this weekend....It will change your "prize" completely!  This will be fun. :sign: :whistling:

Are you suggesting I intentionally alter my lineup to allow you to possibly make the playoffs?? :eek: :p

So the playoffs are now set. I managed to squeak by last night for yet another too-close-for-comfort win, so I suspect I've used up most of my luck for the year! LOL I do think it would have been fitting to have at least 2 more teams in the playoffs given how close things were for that last spot. Something to think about for next year' s participants.

Playoffs should prove interesting, although I think when all the dust settles we'll see Tony and his OJ's standing atop the heap! Looks like all his players are peaking at just the right time.

Good luck to all in both the championship and consolation brackets, and thanks everyone for another fun year!

Julio, Julio... Wherefore art thou, Julio?

As Matt would say...fuck fuck fuckety fuck! LOL

Man I love seeing 3&4 upset 1&2.  Thanks to Jay Cutler having 7 sacks and 3 INTs last night I made the finals in both of my FF leagues. Good luck to Jake and I love the name Tittsburgh Feelers. I have really enjoyed this league as the points systems are so QB favored it has been a welcomed change from standard leagues. Thanks for letting me be a part of it once again.  I think I like having just 4 teams make the playoffs because in a 10 team league it really makes the playoffs feel special and elite to those who made it. I do hope I can win (Not with scoring 133 points again) because I have something cool in mind for Paul.

Is it too soon to make this call yet?
BigJake6904 said:

Man I can't wait for football!  BigJake you gonna draft your boy Manziel?

He's fun to watch...and I think he will do well....but I'd never draft a QB in their first season...

Are you laughing at my other team name for my work league?  I hate coming up with team names but they needed one that was original. :p

Golfanatic said:
Man I love seeing 3&4 upset 1&2.  Thanks to Jay Cutler having 7 sacks and 3 INTs last night I made the finals in both of my FF leagues. Good luck to Jake and I love the name Tittsburgh Feelers. I have really enjoyed this league as the points systems are so QB favored it has been a welcomed change from standard leagues. Thanks for letting me be a part of it once again.  I think I like having just 4 teams make the playoffs because in a 10 team league it really makes the playoffs feel special and elite to those who made it. I do hope I can win (Not with scoring 133 points again) because I have something cool in mind for Paul.

Tonight is a big night...you need 72 from Peyton. Crazy that Mark Sanchez would've given you the win. Peyton has had as many points as you need tonight in about 25% of his games. I'm torn because I need 18 from him in Jonesy's league but don't want him to have such a good night that I lose here. 

Interesting conundrum, but I'll be watching with much anticipation one way or another. Would be crazy if the 7-7 guy knocked off both 11-3 and 10-4 teams for the championship. After being last place in 2013, it would be a welcomed surprise.

Peyton did just enough and not too much to allow me a win in both leagues. He's my hero.

Congrats Jake!  You deserve the win bud.  Excellent ownership and player usage lol.

Congrats Jake! Winning both leagues though, that's just rude ;)