• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFFL Year 6..Full!

Well I'm happy I made the playoffs, but my season can be summed up with one move I made this weekend.

I sat my number 1 draft pick on the bench, Rodgers, to play a QB I picked up Saturday night......and although he only got me 12 points, it was still better than the 11 Rodgers would have gotten me.

Two years ago I drafted Adrian Peterson as the first pick, this year it was Rodgers. I need to do better with my #1's.

Great season all.

Thanks for letting me play this year Brian!! I am happy to donate my $75.

But being new to the league this year, I have another question... has it always been the case that the divisions really don't play a factor in the playoff teams? For the longest times I thought it would be the top two from each division...but I must have missed that.
Sorry, it took a while to respond Ben. As far as the divisions go, it's just an ESPN thing. The top 4 teams regardless go to the playoffs. Gents, I will post by Friday letting you that owe, who you will be sending to. You can message that person and get their PP addy or their home address to send the $. It will need to get to them within 10 days of me posting the payouts. Great season guys! Look forward to next year!

Sorry, it took a while to respond Ben. As far as the divisions go, it's just an ESPN thing. The top 4 teams regardless go to the playoffs. Gents, I will post by Friday letting you that owe, who you will be sending to. You can message that person and get their PP addy or their home address to send the $. It will need to get to them within 10 days of me posting the payouts. Great season guys! Look forward to next year!
Brian,
Thanks for the reply, no worries on the delay. But just for future reference, did you see my question on the defensive scoring a month or so ago?

If you have a league question, ask it via the message board on ESPN. That way if I don't check in here, you know I'll see it there. As far as your question goes, ESPN take into account only the amount of points a team scores as it's way of determining points. Even if you had Seattle's D and they were playing St. Louis, if St. Louis scored 3 defensive touchdowns and no points offensively, you're still getting tagged with 21 points against your D. It doesn't make much sense, but that's how ESPN works.

Alright guys, thanks for another fun filled year! Not sure how I can go from 13-2 last year to 5-10 this year (musta been the commish!) but some of y'all did alright. Here it is.... remember, since no one has paid entry fees yet, all payouts to you winners are minus your $75 entry fee!

Chester - $400 ($325)
Dan - $250 ($175)
Tom - $100 ($25)
Wyatt - fiver from Ben

Payees and their recipients

Neal, Wyatt, Jim, and Ben each send $75 to Chester.
Gary and BigJakeAggieFootball send $75 to Dan.
I will send $25 each to Chester, Dan, and Tom.

Winners, please communicate your PP addy's or home addresses to those that owe you via message here. Please have winnings TO the winners by Monday the 19th!

Last edited:
Thanks for running it again Brian. It was fun again. Two years in a row in the playoffs, I'll take it.

Jim, PM incoming with my addy for the 5'er.

Brian on the league page it shows me in 9th place after the playoff losers bracket. Now clearly I had the WORST overall record and certainly have no problem sending the sticks t Wyatt. I just want to make sure that that's the way its supposed to play out?

This is a CASH league. $75 entry fee with payouts as follows:

1st Place $400
2nd Place $250
3rd Place $100
4th Place - A fiver from the team that ends up in last.

Based on the rules, I'd say you didn't get last Jim. If it had said "A fiver from the team with the worst record" that would be different. But you got 9th place out of 10.

Based on the rules, I'd say you didn't get last Jim. If it had said "A fiver from the team with the worst record" that would be different. But you got 9th place out of 10.
yea, I agree. I took last and should be sending the 5er. I REALLY wish I would have re-read that beacuse I just basically stopped after not making the playoffs and at least would have adjusted my team, but either way, I was under the impression that since I got smoked (for only his 2nd win of the season :) ) in the final game that I then took last.

My apologies, you're right, it would be Ben. I should have been clear when I set it up because my intent was to have whoever came in last in the league (not the playoffs) would send the fiver.

Post is corrected.

PM sent to Jonesy with my paypal addy...but just to be SURE you have the right address for my WINNINGS, it's antiques1229@hotmail.com

Thanks for running this again, Brian, and thanks to all for an enjoyable (and suspenseful) season!

Chester I'll get you paid by this weekend. I had a PP hack incident and someone tried to pull $500 from my bank account into my PP account, with what I assume is the intention of emptying that once it hit. So I had to change some things and now I need to wait until it hits my account so I can send it back. In short, I just want to clear this issue up before I do any PP stuff. It should be fixed by Thursday or Friday.