• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 5

Yawns...opens eyes..."This thing is still going?" :laugh:

Are you sure your math is right on the Limitado III, that is a very low price?

Well according to the PDF document the LDF Limitado III is priced at $423.00, 289.95, 423.99, 422.95 and that totals $1559.89. Divided by 4 shops, I'm getting $389.9725 as an average. And with 48 sticks per box I'm getting $8.12. Its rather simple math, but I do hope I did not nob it up. Could the PDF be wrong on pricing? Best Cigars has it priced at $289.

OK you are right on then, I just thought maybe you were undergunning them...maybe I am just dreaming of being able to buy them that cheap :laugh:

Ok I just checked Best Cigar Prices website (here be the link: http://www.bestcigarprices.com/searchresults/) and they have the box normally priced at 470 (I guess its on sale for 289.95) So can I use the "normal" price or am I "stuck" with the sale price. Becuase with the "old" price I get cost per stick to be $9.06 instead of 8.12. So it be closer to what am I putting in and might solve this little problem.

As for the pass itself. Every thing great, going to probably rebox the pass so we dont have another "OMG your shipping wine" moment. :D

This is just to refresh the topic. I still would like some input on the situation that I am in. Thanks everyone :D

Well, I will have to revise one of my T/P's. Turns out I have the 10 Anos Torpedo, not robusto, and the cost is too high. Instead I will be doing the following T/P:

Take: Viaje Oro Torpedo $7.50
Put: Oliva Special S $8.07

Thanks for the help Greg with finalizing these, I was running out of ideas! :laugh:

Well according to the PDF document the LDF Limitado III is priced at $423.00, 289.95, 423.99, 422.95 and that totals $1559.89. Divided by 4 shops, I'm getting $389.9725 as an average. And with 48 sticks per box I'm getting $8.12. Its rather simple math, but I do hope I did not nob it up. Could the PDF be wrong on pricing? Best Cigars has it priced at $289.

OK you are right on then, I just thought maybe you were undergunning them...maybe I am just dreaming of being able to buy them that cheap :laugh:

Ok I just checked Best Cigar Prices website (here be the link: http://www.bestcigarprices.com/searchresults/) and they have the box normally priced at 470 (I guess its on sale for 289.95) So can I use the "normal" price or am I "stuck" with the sale price. Becuase with the "old" price I get cost per stick to be $9.06 instead of 8.12. So it be closer to what am I putting in and might solve this little problem.

As for the pass itself. Every thing great, going to probably rebox the pass so we dont have another "OMG your shipping wine" moment. :D

This is just to refresh the topic. I still would like some input on the situation that I am in. Thanks everyone :D

This is a very good question. I'd say we need to stick to the pricing as listed on Cigarcyclopedia, so that Take/Put is going to be over. Other than this one, everything looks good to go.

This is a very good question. I'd say we need to stick to the pricing as listed on Cigarcyclopedia, so that Take/Put is going to be over. Other than this one, everything looks good to go.

Damn it! Well looks like I have to do back to the books and rethink myself... Well ever since seeing the Padilla Habano Burberry Edition and to be honest I must have it! Well I do not see that specific cigar in the PDF. Should I price it out under the regular robusto?

Try HERE brother. I believe it's listed as the "Artisan Perfecto", they have a 5 pack for $35.00. You might be able to use that in the comparison shopper.

Ah man, out of all the cigars being put, that Padilla Burberry was the one I was hoping would make it back. Farker! :laugh: From what I've read, the cigar was produced specifically for the Burberry store in Britain to be given out at events and online promotions. I see that they were sold at CI, however none there, so I'm wondering if it was just a one time deal.

They have those from time to time on that devil site. Next time I see them, I'll pick some up for you

Here are my puts and takes.

Take: Tatuaje Unicos: $1718.78/7= $245.54/25 per pack= $9.82 per stick.
Put: AVO Signature Belicoso: $1309.09/6= $218.18/20 per pack= $10.90

Take: LDF Limitido III: $1559.89/4= $389.97/48 per pack= $8.12
Put: Master Blend Torpedo: $1282.34/6= $213.72/20 per rpack= $10.68

Take: Arturo Fuete Anejo no 77: 10.25 a stick via Vitolas.net + Rarity
Put: Arturo Fuente Opus X (Fuente Fuente) 10.50 a stick via Vitolas.net
* I wanted to put in a cigar that was rare. I do hope that the Fuente Fuente will be acceptable being that the Anejo No. 77 is a bit harder to find in comparasion to the Fuente Fuente.

Take: Avo No 3 Nat: $1294.64/9= $143.85/25 per box= $5.75 per stick
Put: CAO LX 2 Toro: $834.29/7= $119.18/20= 5.95
So I have spent most of the night and part of today trying to find a replacement take for the LDF Limitido or find a new put for taking the Padilla Burberry Edition and sadly I could not find a stick of equal or slightly great value for the pass, so I am editing my puts and takes and will be taking/puting the above sticks (minus the strikethought).

Ah man, out of all the cigars being put, that Padilla Burberry was the one I was hoping would make it back. Farker! :laugh: From what I've read, the cigar was produced specifically for the Burberry store in Britain to be given out at events and online promotions. I see that they were sold at CI, however none there, so I'm wondering if it was just a one time deal.

Will looks like your wishes will come true Greg. You better enjoy that cigar. Sigh it would have matched with my Burberry walet :D

Here are my puts and takes.

Take: Tatuaje Unicos: $1718.78/7= $245.54/25 per pack= $9.82 per stick.
Put: AVO Signature Belicoso: $1309.09/6= $218.18/20 per pack= $10.90

Take: LDF Limitido III: $1559.89/4= $389.97/48 per pack= $8.12
Put: Master Blend Torpedo: $1282.34/6= $213.72/20 per rpack= $10.68

Take: Arturo Fuete Anejo no 77: 10.25 a stick via Vitolas.net + Rarity
Put: Arturo Fuente Opus X (Fuente Fuente) 10.50 a stick via Vitolas.net
* I wanted to put in a cigar that was rare. I do hope that the Fuente Fuente will be acceptable being that the Anejo No. 77 is a bit harder to find in comparasion to the Fuente Fuente.

Take: Avo No 3 Nat: $1294.64/9= $143.85/25 per box= $5.75 per stick
Put: CAO LX 2 Toro: $834.29/7= $119.18/20= 5.95
So I have spent most of the night and part of today trying to find a replacement take for the LDF Limitido or find a new put for taking the Padilla Burberry Edition and sadly I could not find a stick of equal or slightly great value for the pass, so I am editing my puts and takes and will be taking/puting the above sticks (minus the strikethought).

Will looks like your wishes will come true Greg. You better enjoy that cigar. Sigh it would have matched with my Burberry walet :D

Pass isn't over yet! Some booger still might snacth it up! :laugh: <glares at Jamie> :D

Qballizhere, let me know if you are ready for the pass! PM sent! :)

Okay guys, I'm back. What'd I miss?

Thanks again Charles for heading off the pass for me!

Great BOTL there.
smile.gif

Okay guys, I'm back. What'd I miss?

Thanks again Charles for heading off the pass for me!

Great BOTL there.
smile.gif

Hope you had a great time Dave! Pictures man, pictures! :D

First post updated! Thanks for playing guys, great job by all! We received no response from Roger (Qballizhere), so the pass is on its way to Larry.

Okay... Here are a couple of attempts. My guess is that they will both be denied but my eyes have crossed and I'm going to have to pick this up again tomorrow night.

#25 Take: Opus Petit Lancero $11.00
Put: Tatuaje T110 $ 10.00

#32 Take: Tatuaje El Triunfador $8.27
Comparison Shopper $194.95, Jack Schwartz $200, ShowMeYourAsh $225
Put: WOAM $7.67 From CS

I wasn't sure about the El Triunfador rarity.

Not to dog on you Larry, but I think the prices for the Puts should be higher than the Takes. Or at least 1 of them should, just MHO.
blush.gif

Here's my score from Vegas for you guys.

My link

Dave, I agree that normally the put value should be at or above the take value, the rarity factor can come into effect. The only one it may not on is the Opus, but the WOAM for an El Triunfador seems a fair trade to me.

Thanks Dave and Charles I didn't even notice that both puts were low. I had a hard time coming up with anything to equal the El Triunfador and hoped that the WOAM scarcity would make it up. I thought about putting a Drac with the Opus but there's already one in there. Hopefully the Boss will weigh in sometime today and set me straight. I had about 6 windows open last night trying to figure prices, what I'd like to try, what I had... I'm going to stay at the office this evening where I have two monitors and room to spread out some 11x17 printouts and try to get this done.

Not to dog on you Larry, but I think the prices for the Puts should be higher than the Takes. Or at least 1 of them should, just MHO.
blush.gif

Here's my score from Vegas for you guys.

My link

That's good advice. Where were you when I needed it? :sign:

Larry, I spent a lot of time trying to find the "closest" match in price. In hind sight, it would have been easier to find the "closest over the take value" from the get go.

Also, I think that Opus Petit Lancero is pretty hard to find, at least it has been for me. Much more so than the T110s. YMMV.

Thanks Dave and Charles I didn't even notice that both puts were low. I had a hard time coming up with anything to equal the El Triunfador and hoped that the WOAM scarcity would make it up. I thought about putting a Drac with the Opus but there's already one in there. Hopefully the Boss will weigh in sometime today and set me straight. I had about 6 windows open last night trying to figure prices, what I'd like to try, what I had... I'm going to stay at the office this evening where I have two monitors and room to spread out some 11x17 printouts and try to get this done.

One thing I will say is this is a very through pass :laugh:

I might add that putting another Drac in there, considering the demand for such things, may be permissible under the extreme circumstance of need? I would certainly think so if this pass were closer to it's beginning, but this is just a point for conversation more then anything.