• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 5

Greg,
There are a few discrepancies in the written list of pass cigars starting at #95. I'm not sure where the extras came from and need to get this done so I can get back to work. I'll start my puts at 104 so everything will match.

94 - Viaje Exclusivo Chiquito --- 4cbln3 --- P
95 -Tatuaje Drac --- CRQuarto --- P
96 - CAO La Travita Robusto --- Member? --- P
97 - Esencia Belicoso --- CRQuarto --- P
98 - Oliva Special S --- CRQuarto --- P
99 - AVO Signature Belicoso ---- LA Kings Fan --- P
100 - CAO LX2 Toro --- LA Kings Fan --- P
101 - Arturo Fuente Opus X Fuente Fuente --- LA Kings Fan P
102 - Oliva Serie V Lancero --- Member? --- P
103 - Rocky Patel 1961 Robusto --- Member? --- P

Greg must've forgot to add the extra puts. Just check the worksheets in the pass folder. :thumbs:

The list above came from the worksheet. I checked most of these cigars to verify that they match.

Edit to add: The pass left several hours ago.

Sorry Gents I have been away with school keeping me busy and the Olivia and Rockey(102 and 103) are extra puts.

Ok i've looked it over and revised some things....

T/ Ensensia Belicoso 8.42
P/ Alec Bradley Tempus Magistri 8.76

T/ DPG Cuban Classic 1979 Robusto 5.63
P/ Pinar del Rio Habano Sungrown Robusto 5.95

T/ Winston Churchill no.10 Robusto 14.52
P/ Camacho Liberty 2007 15.00

T/ La Aurora Emerald Tubo 11.31
P/ CAO Vision Epiphany 11.74

T/ Rocky Patel Decade Toro 9.54
P/ Liga Privada T52 Toro 9.85

T/ Viaje Exclusivo Chicquito 7.56
P/ LFD DL Lancero 8.13

Lets see how these fly?

I'm not sure what happened with the Viaje Exclusivo Chicquito. Shant, was that a put you had down, but then removed? I'm not showing it in any of the posts now, so looks like that one isn't in there. I updated the post last night to reflect that. Sorry about that Jamie, looks like you were going by the list before I got it fixed.

Dave, with this being a newbie pass and all, I think that Johnny-O should remain in your stash. I believe there was a discussion in the previous newbie pass about like for like (NC for NC, ISOM for ISOM). While we would all love to snag that Johnny-O from the pass, putting in an ISOM in a newbie pass shouldn't be done
One man's opinion.

Not a problem Los, I'll try to find that discussion so I can better understand things.
thumbs-up.gif

I originally had the sungrown in so I'll put it back in against the Padilla Miami corona.

T #27 Padilla Miami Coronas 5-1/2 x 42 - 20 or 25/ box 6.86 ea. These are sold 20 to 25 per box as follows.
179.95 CI (25/ct) - 139.95 SeriousCigars (25/ct) = 319.90 / 2 vendors = 159.95 / 25 ea. = 6.40
149.95 ShowMeYourAsh (20/ct) - 160.95 CigarsDirect (20/ct) - 129.95 TowerCigars (20/ct)
= 440.85 / 3 vendors = 146.95 / 20 ea. = 7.35
6.40 + 7.35 = 13.75 / 2 = 6.88 total average costs per ea.
P #84 San Cristobal Seleccion del sol robusto 5 x 52/20 = 7.19 ea
144.00 JackSchwartz - 143.95 SeriousCigars - 143.95 Holts
= 431.90 / 3 vendors = 143.97 box / 20 = 7.19 ea

I'll put a Viaje Exclusivo Chiquito 4.75 x 51 in to replace Put #90. (replaced the Johnny-O )

Sorry to see you leave Jimmy, I had high hopes another Egg would be put in the pass!

I'm not sure what happened with the Viaje Exclusivo Chicquito. Shant, was that a put you had down, but then removed? I'm not showing it in any of the posts now, so looks like that one isn't in there. I updated the post last night to reflect that. Sorry about that Jamie, looks like you were going by the list before I got it fixed.

It came from me while we were discussing the Johnny-O lonsdale, I subbed the Viaje perfecto. Sorry for the confusion.

dave

P/ LFD DL Lancero 8.13

Lets see how these fly?

Looks like i'll stick with these if they are a go....that is unless something calls my name in the next day and i have to add more to the list.

P/ LFD DL Lancero 8.13

Lets see how these fly?

Looks like i'll stick with these if they are a go....that is unless something calls my name in the next day and i have to add more to the list.

Looks good to me Jamie!

Well, I will have to revise one of my T/P's. Turns out I have the 10 Anos Torpedo, not robusto, and the cost is too high. Instead I will be doing the following T/P:

Take: Viaje Oro Torpedo $7.50
Put: Oliva Special S $8.07

Might have been that one Greg. Looks like I'm not the only one needing more sleep! :laugh:

Maybe my computer was set up for "alternative"?
sign.gif

Okay, thanks for clarifying that, there's so many hits when I type in a cigar name, I try to take the top 5 that appear.

I'll PM Jon the link so he can have it in his IE home page
whistling.gif

wait for it........................................... he should be up soon.

Yeah I figured out a long time ago when searching in Adobe Reader to just use one word from the cigar name that I think is the most unique. I may get 10 or 15 matches but by hitting the next button you can scan through them in a minute or two. For the Liga Privada T52 I searched for Liga. As it turns out it's listed as Liga Privada No. 52 so even searching for T52 wouldn't find it.

I'm glad it was you that went there and not me. :whistling:

Well the pass is coming to an end and i thought it would be a good idea to have a little contest.

Contest is open to all the guys in this pass that have a join date after Jan. 1st. 2009.

The first eledgable person to give the correct answer is the winner.

Winner will recieve a nice package from myself.

Answer the following questions:

1What is the best advice ever given on CP?
2Who said it?

There could be many answers but im looking for a certian answer.

So come on guys....Get to guessin'

This isn't the exact quote, but it is the same content:

Smoke your best cigars all the time. You never know when you may not be around to enjoy them any longer

-Infinity
R.I.P

Here's a link. I'm pretty sure he said it more than once.

LINKY

Here's the same thing only worded different

LINKY

Way to go...... You are the Winner.

Be on the lookout for a package.

Now if you would do CP a favor and go back and read some of Infinity's posts. The man was full of wisdom and had tons of useful things to say. He was everything CP is about. Thanksgiving is when he left us. I think it may be time to search out one of this threads and BUMP it.

Thank you so much. I've read through several of his posts and all though I didn't know the man, he seemed to always have the right things to say. I always see posts about the labyrinth of knowledge on this board, it's definitely no lie.

My thoughts go to those of you who knew Brian on these boards and in life.

Brian left us on Thanksgiving last year. I'm sure John will have a post up for all to get together for a special smoke and remember one of the best.

Well said Ben. And congrats on winning the contest!

I would have liked to have been around while he was here. I lurked and kept myself from joining during those times when heated discussions between members arose and in the end those members are not here anymore. Life goes on.

But with Brian, his personality and thought process were of someone I would have liked to get to know even if a face to face seemed impossible. There are those that are similar to his personality here and it is why I came to join CP. Bravo to the man known as Infinity. <applause>

Thank you Greg and rest of you guys that made my first pass a very learning and funny experience. Sometimes the miles between can keep us from ever meeting but with CP it is just like a room full of friends are right next to me, smokin' and jokin' together!

Dave

Got the Pass in the mail this evening. I'll open it up and complete my P/T's after the baby is down for the night.

Ok ive done my P/T's. Everything looks good with the pass. I have a long day tomorrow and wont get home til around 9pm. I've stored the baggies in my cooler. I'll get this puppy headed home to you on Wednesday Greg.

Thanks for having me in yet another pass bud. I hope to get an invite to your next advanced pass.
Had fun with all you guys. Dont be strangers, feel free to drop a PM anytime if you have a question.

-Jamie-

Ok ive done my P/T's. Everything looks good with the pass. I have a long day tomorrow and wont get home til around 9pm. I've stored the baggies in my cooler. I'll get this puppy headed home to you on Wednesday Greg.

Thanks for having me in yet another pass bud. I hope to get an invite to your next advanced pass.
Had fun with all you guys. Dont be strangers, feel free to drop a PM anytime if you have a question.

-Jamie-

Sounds good Jamie! Was great having you play again! Definitely got a seat reserved for ya in the nextun! :D

Aight Roger! We're ready for the last T/P of the pass! Have at it whenever you're ready!