• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CROWNED HEADS - ARRINGTON VINEYARDS - DOUBLE W (6.0x50)

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
Arrington Vineyards - Double W, by Crowned Heads (6.0x50) is a is a limited edition release for a vineyard in the Franklin Tennessee region.  It's said to be quite excellent when paired with the following wine, for which it was devloped http://shop.arringtonvineyards.com/index.cfm?method=storeproducts.showdrilldown&productid=762138ED-228C-47F9-89AB-1CE7B3F336D4&ProductCategoryID=3EDA3C84-1CC4-FBB6-2329-78708A9587DE&WineryID=3EDA3B3C-1CC4-FBB6-2335-D2DEF1FF9928&WineTypeID=&ProductType=&wineVarietalID=&wineRegionID=&vintage=&lowprice=&highPrice=&WineBrandID=&WineAppellationID=&lowletter=&highletter=&OrderBy=PXPC.DisplayOrder%20Asc,%20P.ProductName%20ASC&ShippingState=TN

This is a cigar with a rich coffee color which is full of floral, fruit, vanilla, and nutty notes.  Interestingly enough, when looking at the wine description, they are quite similar flavor profiles.  I rated this Cigar an 93 and it's certainly worth picking up a box, or splitting with a friend.  This is the last day my Father was in town and we celebrated by breaking open this batch of cigars.  Shamefully, he preferred it to the Cohiba we lit on fire the day before.  Blasphemy I say :sign:   Production is said to be limited to 200 boxes, I for one am hoping that this will become a regular in the crowned heads rotation.

Cigar: $100 (By the Box)
Arrington Vineyards - Double W, by Crowned Heads

Details:
6x50

Description of Strength/Profile:
Medium/Full

Smoking Time:
80 minutes

Cigar Aged:
Nope...

Cigars Reviewed:
Tobacco:

Wrapper: Equadorian Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Nicaraguan

Procurement:
I read about a Crowned Heads special release and I set out to find a box.  To my dismay I learned that this cigar was released only out of a couple stores in Tennessee, I wan't sure there would be any boxes available.  So, I called up Franklin Cigar, in Franklin Tennessee and ordered a box.  Shipping was as expected and it arrived in due time.  I've got a box of 10. :thumbs:

Construction:
Excellent construction and a solid stick, but feels light in the hand for the size.  No soft spots,  Feels solid across the board.  The foot is well packed.  Has a nice oil to it.  

Pre-light:
Has a fruity smell, almost a cherry on the outside of the wrapper and vanilla/nut from the foot of the cigar.

Pre-Draw – perfect clip of the cap and the draw is superb...
Tastes of fruit and some vanilla on the inhale.

Light:

Fire up with some cigar matches.  Solid light, tobacco comes to life.

Smoke:
2 puffs in and my Father is raving about the stick, he's hooked...I am too ;) 
Retrohale and it burns so good...heavy, heavy fruit and some ass kicker spice.
Starts off with a strong fruit, and it's a smoke bomb... Again, I reach over and crack the window, despite it being 10*, I reach for the heater and turn it up a notch....

1/3:
Tobacco, floral, chocolate, fruit              

2/3:

Smooth transition to nutty, fruit

3/3:
Spice, vanilla, deep leather

Rating: 93/100
Construction - Great, minimal veins, nice color, perfect cap, well packed foot, no soft spots
Draw – Fantastic
Burn Good – 1 touch up, grey ash that holds beyong the 1" mark
Smoke – More than enough, the kind where you exhale and then exhale again and remnants are still outgoing :laugh: , had to actually crack the window more.

I've got a box of 10, if your a Crowned Heads fan, it's different than everything else in their lineup.  It's also different than any other cigar I've smoked.  it is indeed quite catered to the wine for which it was produced.  I hope it becomes regular production, it's a fantastic stick and I recommend a box buy, if you can find them...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12423]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12424]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12425]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12426]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12427]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12428]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12429]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12430]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12431]

Great review! Preferred over Cohiba? Hmmm, ya know there are certain folks whose palate just does not like Cohiba. To them I say, feel free to throw them my way for disposal by fire! :)

C

Can't go wrong with Crowned Heads.  I haven't had one I didn't like from their line up...but I'd take a good CoRo over just about anything!

Good review again.  You are on a roll my friend.  Nice detective work on finding a box.  I hope you don't mind me asking what is the little yellow spot on the clipped head?

golfgar said:
Good review again.  You are on a roll my friend.  Nice detective work on finding a box.  I hope you don't mind me asking what is the little yellow spot on the clipped head?
That's the actual tobacco inside the head, the head is still partially remaining (dark portion).
Did not need to clip anymore off, draw was good to go...

just picked up two boxes, if it ever warms up Im going to find out for myself :)

actzz541 said:
just picked up two boxes, if it ever warms up Im going to find out for myself :)

Enjoy, they're scrumptious... :thumbs:

jsm11 said:

Thanks!! also excited about maybe getting to try Hubers release for R Fields, I believe that takes place this weekend? Hopefully there is some left over for the rest of us! hehe...

actzz541 said:

Thanks!! also excited about maybe getting to try Hubers release for R Fields, I believe that takes place this weekend? Hopefully there is some left over for the rest of us! hehe...

Huh?! Link...?  News to me...

jsm11 said:

Huh?! Link...?  News to me...
wha?? yeah heres the info on halfwheel:

http://halfwheel.com/crowned-heads-sending-paniolo-especiale-2015-hawaii

and Marvin Chang is the manager at R Fields/Foodland, super cool dude, just email him and he'll add your name to the list if youre wanting to nab a box or whatever. I believe his info is on that Halfwheel post as well, if not:

machang@foodland.com
808-256-0675

Hmm...

Thanks for the link, same blend as Tennessee Waltz... those were fairly tasty as well...

yeah Im a fan of cbl, I think Huber does a good job using it on his cigars...

Redux: Smoked another one today after spending a week in Nashville smoking everything Crowned Heads has in current production... Hands down, the best stick they make...

Excellent Cigar!

I need to find more...

95/100