• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don't Buy Cigars from Johnny-O!

Truly, this thread only makes me want to purchase from Johnny-O that much more....
Not because of the OP, but because of the show of support by the members of this forum that I have respect for, and trust their judgement.

Jonesy, get your inner ass-hat out already... you're making the rest of the Brian's look bad... We have an image to keep up you know?

Was going to make a "they make a pill for that" joke. Glad Gary was here to make sure it was taken care of.

And this isn't even posted in the correct forum.

Popcorn, trolls I love it. Without boring ya'll with too many details here is the play-by-play:

12/22 Received payment
12/23 Sent cigars
1/7 George states 4/5 that he tried to smoke have a tight draw
1/8 I tell George to dry box as cigars are wet lately
1/8 George states that did not help
1/19 George wants to know how to return these
1/20 Addy sent
1/20 George asks how do I get my refund?
1/22 I ask George what works best for you?
1/22 I suggest to George that if he wanted to he could try another vitola

I see two lapses where you go MIA each time for a period of about two weeks. From the messages I have you only asked me once for a refund....just two days ago. It would be standard protocol for a newbie such as yourself to send the cigars back if you wanted a refund, which you could have done a while ago. Its unfortunate that you don't have the patience to see these cigars shine. John

Last edited:
There's fashionably late and then there's just being old and missing the damn party all together! :rolleyes:
Nah, not fashionably late or missing the party all together, just trying to improve my image as the resident dick in training!

But now if provoked, I may just have to resort to my old self where I was a dick! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Even with my limited experience I know fresh cigars don't always smoke right. Sounds like he just doesn't have the patience to get a good thing.
Yep, I have heard it said that Johnny-O's are great to smoke within the first few weeks of rolling, but then may need to lay down for a good long rest. Someone (Johnny?) correct me if I'm wrong. But, no problem here. I'm used to giving my purchases the time they need to hit their stride.

BTW, I am new here (but not new to cigars) and one of the attractions for finally registering was knowing that @Johnny-O! posts and lists here. Figured I'd build some cred before ordering, but will do so soon enough. And you won't see me start an idiotic thread like this just because I wanted to lay blame on the maker for me not knowing what I was doing.

Popcorn, trolls I love it. Without boring ya'll with too many details here is the play-by-play:

12/22 Received payment
12/23 Sent cigars
1/7 George states 4/5 that he tried to smoke have a tight draw
1/8 I tell George to dry box as cigars are wet out of Cuba
1/8 George states that did not help
1/19 George wants to know how to return these
1/20 Addy sent
1/20 George asks how do I get my refund?
1/22 I ask George what works best for you?
1/22 I suggest to George that if he wanted to he could try another vitola

I see two lapses where you go MIA each time for a period of about two weeks. From the messages I have you only asked me once for a refund....just two days ago. It would be standard protocol for a newbie such as yourself to send the cigars back if you wanted a refund, which you could have done a while ago. Its unfortunate that you don't have the patience to see these cigars shine. For those of you that want to learn something from this about trading, here is the bottom line:

1) When you have a BOTL that is simple and clear about what they want you probably have a friend for life.

2) On the other side, when you have 50 flaky emails with 50 questions that is a newbie that you will shortly see banned.

John

John, I don't know how everybody else feels but myself personally you owe no explanation. You have the best reputation of anybody I know that sells cigars. I came to this site basically for 2 reason one I did not care for the other forum I was at and the other I found out you were here. Just so people know, anytime I have emailed or PM'ed John he has always responded back in a responsible amount of time. Out of all the forums I have been on and read about Johnny O's I have never seen or heard of anybody saying anything like this guy has. Also I see he never introduced himself or replied back to any-other comments. John you have a forever FAN and CUSTOMER here my friend. Thanks for providing your service to us. ;)

1/8 I tell George to dry box as cigars are wet out of Cuba

John I would maybe edit this line out my friend or at least the last word..:eek:..You are giving away some of the mystery behind the Wold Famous Johnny O's

Have a great night my friend.

1/23 George informs me he has 17 cigars and gives me the Encyclopedia Britanica on what an experienced smoker he is and that he has bought finer cigars all over the world. He also stated that he does not trust me and that I need to build up his trust.
I told him to follow up on his post at CP
1/24 In another nauseating message George says its obvious I don't want to resolve this, he is down to 14 cigars (out of 25) and is going to hand them out at a meeting Tuesday night
Does this mean we are out of popcorn? Personally I don't like this situation as you want BOTLs to enjoy your cigars. But I can't help the dude if he's gonna stay in Flake City. John