Fausto FT127

Discussion in 'Cigar Reviews' started by NASTY, Aug 15, 2011.

1. NASTY

NASTY Cold Fire

The other day, I went for a jog after work and later decided to hang at the beach. I looked through the cooler for a good beach smoke and decided on this new Fausto by Tatuaje.
    It's the robusto size, FT127. It's rumored as being the same blend as the T110.

[​IMG]

There was none of the pre-smoke formalities with this smoke. Just punched the cap and lit the cigar.
    I remember texting Isy upon moments of lighting up and saying I feel like I just been hit with an uppercut :laugh: I knew it was going to be a full bodied smoke and I braced myself but still got hit.

It's sort of like you're boxing and you miss with a right cross (southpaw stance) because your opponent timed the dodge perfectly and his uppercut is already on its way. You only have time to bring that right hand back, protect your head, and brace for impact only to feel that uppercut still get underneath your guard, hit you flush on your chin and leave you stunned with your skin chafed from the Everlast leather and smelling a faint plastic burning odor coming from your mouth because your molars grinded against your mouth guard. Ahh, good times.

[​IMG]

Bottom line, this was a strong ass cigar and I loved every minute of it. The strength seemed to settle down towards the middle but it was probably because my taste buds were getting used to it. I put the cigar down for about 5 minutes and tried again. Strength was still there.

Here you go Gary!! Your one dimensional smoke!!

BTW, I am happy to confess that I was at a public beach in NYC while I was smoking a cigar. Catch me if you can :laugh:

2. MOBIG

MOBIG The best way to predict the future is to create it

So I guess that cigar reminded you of days you got beat up as a kid :laugh: Nice review bro.. Lol :laugh: :thumbs:

3. jayro75

jayro75 Active Member

Why were you running from the cops this time? :laugh:

Nice review Los!!

4. MOBIG

MOBIG The best way to predict the future is to create it

Where he'll you been Jay theres a ban in NYC Parks & Beaches ;)

5. Acclaym

Acclaym Moderation in Moderation

Hey nice review nasty. I had a 140 the other night and I agree, these faustos are potent AND tasty. A great combo for me personally, glad to see you enjoyed one while breaking the law. Extra fun.

6. beyond the band

beyond the band cantankerous newb

I had one 2 nights ago. Full stomach of Rib Eye, potato, veggies, and a huge salad.
    Could not take this one beyond the band.

Liked it a lot though.

EDIT. Fat finger cleanup

7. MoeCizlak

MoeCizlak Built for comfort

Lol! Nice review, great descriptions. The construction looks a little rough on your first pic, did you have any issues?

8. jorel

jorel New Member

Great review and great smoke. Well done, my friend.

John

9. Franco593

Franco593 Active Member

You went for a jog?...get the phuck outta here with that horseshit Los...

Good review Bro.

10. NASTY

NASTY Cold Fire

It did feel kind of rough but the construction was solid. Never had any burn issues.

Word. I started running 3 to 4 times a week now. Just came back from a run now :thumbs:

11. Franco593

Franco593 Active Member

Good Job buddy!

12. uptown_isy

uptown_isy The Man Uptown

formerly of Kingston, NY....now in West Palm Beach
    Like the review, homie...glad you liked that stick.

13. BlindedByScience

BlindedByScience Proud Father of a brave U.S. Marine

Fausto's rock...!! I really enjoy them. Great flavor profile, great construction, reasonable price. Oh yeah, and these suckers will smack you if you're not paying attention.....:p

Not sure about them being the T110 blend. Guess I'll have to bust out that box of T110's I've had chilling in the cabinet and find out.....;)

14. tsmckenney

tsmckenney Mick

Good man!

I have smoked a bunch of these, no problems (with any of the vitolas).

15. ironpeddler

ironpeddler Ye Old Newbie

Nice boxing analogies LOS...judging by the descriptive nature of your narrative, I get the feeling you've taken your share of beatings in the ring my friend! :whistling:

I hear ya' about that one dimension...and by the sound of it, it's a kick-ass dimension! Nice job, no descriptions of fruits, vegetables, or spices though...what gives home slice?

16. NASTY

NASTY Cold Fire

Eh...I wasn't planning on reviewing this. I didn't want to pay attention to the smoke either. Just felt like kicking back having a brew or four and smoking. Buy I happened to have my camera and wanted to warn everyone about this smoke :laugh:

I'll leave the vegetable and spice descriptions to Greg but you, my friend, you can use all the fruits and nuts references to describe your sticks any time!

17. ironpeddler

ironpeddler Ye Old Newbie

Uhhhhmmmm...Fruits & Nuts...I haven't been to The Village in quite some time!

:laugh:

18. NASTY

NASTY Cold Fire

But you do live in Jersey :laugh:

19. Bsneed51

Bsneed51 Habitual Threadjacker!

I haven't been smoking a ton of strong stuff lately but did have two of these up in Minnesota. Strong, but very good. I know its supposed to be the 110, but the wrapper isn't nearly as dark or oily as those were.

20. :Monty:

:Monty: Member

Thanks for the review. I picked up a sampler of these and haven't had the stones to try it out yet. I was on a really heavy cigar kick for a while but have really gravitated to the medium body CC's lately.