• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gauging Interest - Out with the Old in with the New

Seizure

Just gauging some interest. My herfing habits have slowed down recently especially with the winter season coming there's less opportunity to enjoy a cigar outside. I have an abundance of Aged Cigars that might getting up their in age. Some of them are almost 10 years aged now. Not sure what the shelf life of these things are. Figure I can start a cigar pass to help "turn them over" so to say with something Younger (don't us guys always want something young and new)

Looking for about 10-12 members

Pretty sure this isn't going to fly. I would think you'd need to participate in the forum a little before jumping right back into the mix and starting a pass. I don't know if you've been involved in the required 3 passes before starting your own, but not being on the forum in no telling how long is an automatic strike.

nope. I wouldn't put any of the cigars that use to be moldy in it. Don't want to take the chance you guys get something. I think i only have a few sticks left from that original batch and they were already separated into a different humidor.

I believe i participated in atleast 3 cigar passes since i've begun here although it's spread out over a few years. As for the activity part not sure what the reason is since I"m hosting it so it would be my cigars at "risk" so to say so I'm sure there's a reason. let me PM insight to see if he would co-host with me.

I believe i participated in atleast 3 cigar passes since i've begun here although it's spread out over a few years. As for the activity part not sure what the reason is since I"m hosting it so it would be my cigars at "risk" so to say so I'm sure there's a reason. let me PM insight to see if he would co-host with me.

Well, link in the three passes you've been in and you're good in that aspect. I still don't see (regardless if it's your cigars at risk or not) how you can come in with no activity and expect to start a pass. I really don't see how having someone co-host a pass with you helps either.

Well, link in the three passes you've been in and you're good in that aspect. I still don't see (regardless if it's your cigars at risk or not) how you can come in with no activity and expect to start a pass. I really don't see how having someone co-host a pass with you helps either.

My interpretation of the rule is that you have to be active, at least to some extent, over the duration of the last 9 months prior to wanting to host a pass.

Being absent for 7/9 months and then re-appearing randomly doesn't seem like it would be kosher. The rule is always subject to interpretation though, I suppose...

Just backing your opinion with how I feel the rule is read.

If an established member can vouch and run the pass on point with you in a support capacity, I could see it. But, I don't know. If you hang about for a while and reconnect with some I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem after a few months. Are you active on any other boards? That'd be a viable option, to run it there.

But, I don't know. Just my two cents. I surely am not any authority on this.

I am going to have to back the active rule. Where you been dude? Whats been going on? Whats new?

If an established member can vouch and run the pass on point with you in a support capacity, I could see it. But, I don't know. If you hang about for a while and reconnect with some I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem after a few months. Are you active on any other boards? That'd be a viable option, to run it there.

If you have to have a member vouch for you in some capacity, then that by itself should be a turning point. That just means he has to find someone that knows him let the rest of us know how he deals in things because none of the rest of us know him at all. All rules are up for interpretation when there are circumstances such as these, but this guy hasn't made a post in forever and immediately jumps back in wanting to start a pass??

I don't understand how anyone can remotely seem as if they are willing to let this go on even if the guy does have a co-host. This should be shot down without a thought or discussion.

Even if for some reason this were to be allowed to happen with someone helping him, he would still need to link in the 3 passes he says he has been in to show he complies with the other part of the rule. A simple "I believe i participated in atleast 3 cigar passes since i've begun here although it's spread out over a few years"
doesn't work.

(Jon, I only quoted your post to make a point on vouching for someone)

If you have to have a member vouch for you in some capacity, then that by itself should be a turning point. That just means he has to find someone that knows him let the rest of us know how he deals in things because none of the rest of us know him at all. All rules are up for interpretation when there are circumstances such as these, but this guy hasn't made a post in forever and immediately jumps back in wanting to start a pass??

I don't understand how anyone can remotely seem as if they are willing to let this go on even if the guy does have a co-host. This should be shot down without a thought or discussion.

Even if for some reason this were to be allowed to happen with someone helping him, he would still need to link in the 3 passes he says he has been in to show he complies with the other part of the rule. A simple "I believe i participated in atleast 3 cigar passes since i've begun here although it's spread out over a few years"
doesn't work.

(Jon, I only quoted your post to make a point on vouching for someone)

No worries, I'm sure if Grateful vouches for him and Insight co-hosts all is well! ;)

When you look for someone's content, it goes back a full year. As Seizure has no content, he falls into the members who are considered inactive. Vouching for him could lead to problems as we all know. Now if he was to join a Pass to earn his stripes like any member, then that would be fine. But with the lack of activity there is no way in hell he should be allowed to run a Pass nor have a Sponsor to run it for him.

When it comes to a Pass, I see no exceptions to this rule and everyone involved should be active in the first place. A lot of trust is placed in a Pass and when you add someone you know nothing about into the mix, well it can lead to problems. We have had enough examples of new members as well as outstanding BOTL that have fallen. Nothing personal Seizure...I don't know you at all and I wouldn't want to risk my reputation on someone I don't know nor will many members. Unless of course they know you and are active on CP.

Then that is another matter entirely. If they are willing to vouch for you and also willing to accept the risks, more power to them. I'm a little strict when it comes to Passes so I see this particular instance a no brainer. No activity, No Pass. Again, nothing personal.

When you look for someone's content, it goes back a full year. As Seizure has no content, he falls into the members who are considered inactive. Vouching for him could lead to problems as we all know. Now if he was to join a Pass to earn his stripes like any member, then that would be fine. But with the lack of activity there is no way in hell he should be allowed to run a Pass nor have a Sponsor to run it for him.

When it comes to a Pass, I see no exceptions to this rule and everyone involved should be active in the first place. A lot of trust is placed in a Pass and when you add someone you know nothing about into the mix, well it can lead to problems. We have had enough examples of new members as well as outstanding BOTL that have fallen. Nothing personal Seizure...I don't know you at all and I wouldn't want to risk my reputation on someone I don't know nor will many members. Unless of course they know you and are active on CP.

Then that is another matter entirely. If they are willing to vouch for you and also willing to accept the risks, more power to them. I'm a little strict when it comes to Passes so I see this particular instance a no brainer. No activity, No Pass. Again, nothing personal.

I think your right Mr. Peat. Thinking back on it, it's about CP's integrity of keeping to rules, it's there to protect others and I haven't been an active member at all this last year or two. I think if we make an exception for me, it sets a bad precedent. For now, let me get active again, maybe in a few months I'll start up a pass again with everyone's blessings =)

Oh and here's what I found for the old cigar passes. I think i had a different username back then "JonnyKu". Halfway through the passes you'll see my name change to Seizure.

Here's one I started
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=9511&st=0

Here's one i participated in
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=11472&hl=knob%20creek%20pass&st=0

Can't seem to find the 3rd or 4th. I don't remember the names and CP doens't seem to want to display all my previous posts. It just shows no info.

Good call, walk with us a bit before you start running again.

Nicely done. It's refreshing to see maturity. In a few months when all is good, and if you decide to do the pass still, I'd be interested. I haven't done a pass in a little while now, and I miss how fun it is.