• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Geeky stuff for geeky guys (and gals)

Dang, that was like Greek to me, but I tried. (I'm not very Computer literate beyond operating programs) Reminds me of some simulator work I did years ago, on a Silicon Graphics box sporting Unix. Most stable 3D type work I ever did. Flawless (same type programs you'd use to make todays games). Granted the SG was very spendy at something like 80K per computer. Lockheed had banks of them in a C-130 based gunship trainer. Unix was a pain in the butt to figure out how to do some things, but I did appreciate the comparative stability, at the time. I wonder how it compares to windows, etc. these days.

Dang, that was like Greek to me, but I tried. (I'm not very Computer literate beyond operating programs) Reminds me of some simulator work I did years ago, on a Silicon Graphics box sporting Unix. Most stable 3D type work I ever did. Flawless (same type programs you'd use to make todays games). Granted the SG was very spendy at something like 80K per computer. Lockheed had banks of them in a C-130 based gunship trainer. Unix was a pain in the butt to figure out how to do some things, but I did appreciate the comparative stability, at the time. I wonder how it compares to windows, etc. these days.

If Unix drove a car, it would be crashless.

How does it compare to Linux?
It is another variant except that there is no original UNIX code, it was all rewritten. I do like the ZFS file system though.

It is another variant except that there is no original UNIX code, it was all rewritten. I do like the ZFS file system though.
I just reformatted an old laptop to play with a few OS' so I'll give it a try. Thanks!

I've been playing around with a Linux variant called Ubuntu, for quite some time. Very nice. When I retire and don't HAVE to use Windows for my work, I might try to totally switch to Linux.

I've been playing around with a Linux variant called Ubuntu, for quite some time. Very nice. When I retire and don't HAVE to use Windows for my work, I might try to totally switch to Linux.

I like the GUI on Ubuntu.
Feels like winders, but is smooth and error free.