• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet pass II cigar reviews

In the spirit of Rod wanting to bring CP back to it's intended roots, by throwing all you vulgar asshats out of the Chat Room, ................
I would recommend everyone to try these or similar cigars if for no other reason than to.....to say you tried one. I am also convinced that any Habanophile would enjoy these cigars as well, especially if they were depressed and suicidal.

Enjoy :laugh:

After my hoots and howls as I read this review, my wife is even more convinced of my utter insanity.

Thanks! I don't know when I have laughed so hard that tears came to my eyes! :thumbs:

The review has certainly convinced me that I am not the right kind of real man to face one of these!!

The judges need not waste their time reading through all the other reviews. We must concede to Ironpeddler!

Excellent job, my friend! I am in awe of your creativity, sense of humor and of course your knowledge of all things cigar. :thumbs:

Cigar: Padron 1964 Imperial Natural 6.000 x 54

Pre-Light: As many of you may well know this was to be an important weekend for all Ohio football fans. The Buckeyes faced USC on last night and that turned into a nightmare. Also the Browns are playing the Steelers in what used to be one of the NFL's most storied rivalaries (not such much any more).

The cigar I choose to review this morning aptly summed up my current mood. Damaged, yet with a hint of optimism. As evident in the pictures below, the cigar arrived with significant damage to the head, very similiar to the way the Buckeyes played.

Damage.jpg

Damage2.jpg

Upon inspection the damage was more than cosmetic, structural damaged prevented a punch cut and after a quick snip I was left with this

Damage3.jpg

At this point I was ready to move on to a back up stick as the draw was absent, again similiar to Beanie Wells who was side lined by an injuried toe (who by the by looked perfectly health sprinting in the tunnel at half-time). Immediate action was required if this cigar was to be salvaged. So with much trepidation I grabbed my cutter and took off approx. an inch.

Action.jpg

This is where the optimism starts to come in. Despite all the bad mojo I had going on about the Buckeyes and the damage I decide to soldier on. After all the Browns still, at least at this point, have a chance to win.

Haleys2nd054.jpg

After removing the offensive and damaged Todd Boeckman, I mean wrapper, the cigar preformed well. The taste was that of cedar with a hint of spice. Burn was even and I began to see the hope for the future.

Haleys2nd055.jpg

As I continued with my journey I was pleasantly suprised with how well this stick was proforming, taste was now that of fine tobacco with just a hint of spice.

Haleys2nd057.jpg

I smoked it to the recut nub and enjoyed the quiet time that this review allowed me after a rough 24 hours at work and the total implosion of Ohio State football.

Nub2.jpg

Conclusion: Having enjoyed this cigar and the morning cup of coffee I have now removed myself from suicide watch until this evening. All and all this was a fanatastic cigar, considering the damage and the fact that in, essence, it was free.

Will the Browns beat the Steelers...........

Who's to say. This cigar reminded me that ever cloud has a silver lining and we most always look for the good in every situation.

Thanks for the contest #2 and thanks to all for the "dedicated" reviews post as well

Brandon

On a side note, I remember Ronnie Lott having his pinkie finger amputated above the third knuckle to be able to play in a game, how the hell does a injuried toe keep a guy from playing?

WTF.... ???

#2...did you appoint VP judges because some are weighing in, campaigning, no doubt? :laugh:

Ironpeddler, your review made me laugh! Good job, the most unique one I've seen on CP yet!!

And Beyond the Band, thank you sir, for the military times!! It's about time you and your hippie friends get used to it! :laugh:

Prize Pack:
Partagas Series D #4 reserva :0
Partagas Seleccion Privada #1 (2002)
Jaun Lopez PC (1998)
Opus X Perfexcion #2 (2000)
Tatuaje La Maravilla

This prize pack has been generously donated by a fine Brother here that wishes to remain anonymous.

Humm...... I think some of those look familiar. I am not sure how we can pay you back but I am sure we can figure something out.

Brandon

Ok here's my review:

Cigar:

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic Maduro (12/07) I've had it at 65% in my humidor since June. Purchased from a fine BOTL on CP.

brian_af_classic_maduro_1.jpg

Statistics:

Shape - Perfecto
Size - 7 x 48
Wrapper - Maduro
Filler - Dominican

Accessories:

Zippo Lighter
Punch Cutter
Handyman Dave Ashtray
Newcastle Brown Ale
Dell Latitude D810 Notebook Computer

IMG_00034.JPG

Venue:

Front Porch
90.9 °F / 32 °C
Scattered Clouds
Wind - Variable - 3.1 mph / 4 km/h
Humidity: 44%

IMG_00052.JPG

Smoking Companion:

Trusty Canine
Mosquitos

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

Pre-punch / Pre-light:

The cigar is fairly rigid with little give. I wasn't worried though as the other Hemingway's I have tried were the same. No major veins were noticeable. I forgot to check the cap prior to gnawing on the end but it appears to be a triple. (I was too lazy to go inside and check my others) There was no noticeable aroma that jumped out at me pre-light.

Lighting:

Toasting the end was pretty easy as it is a Perfecto. As with most Perfecto's I have tried the draw was very tight upon lighting.

The Smoke

IMG_00182.JPG

IMG_00241.JPG

IMG_00411.JPG

IMG_00521.JPG

IMG_00581.JPG

The first inch or so the draw was very tight as I have experienced with other Perfecto's. All of a sudden it opened up nicely producing a good volume of white grayish smoke. The burn was pretty good. It almost looked like it wanted to run down one edge but held up nicely. The ash held up nicely up until just over and inch and fell off of it's own volition. No touch up's were necessary.

The Newcastle Brown Ale is a nice complement to the Hemingway.

I could not discern any major flavors in the cigar but it was extremely enjoyable throughout. Maybe there were some light fruity tones. The body is medium in my opinion.

The Hemingway line is definitely one of my favorite cigar lines at this time. I can't wait until the fall as it seems like this cigar would lend itself to being a great cool weather smoke.

P.S. Sorry I didn't add a picture of the Nub but I didn't want to emasculate Jonathan. ;)

Nice Review!! These are mighty fine smokes IMO.

BTW, REALLY NICE ASHTRAY!!!! :cool: (It looks mighty fine with that stick in it.)

:D

Ok here's my review:

Cigar:

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic Maduro (12/07) I've had it at 65% in my humidor since June. Purchased from a fine BOTL on CP.
The Hemingway line is definitely one of my favorite cigar lines at this time. I can't wait until the fall as it seems like this cigar would lend itself to being a great cool weather smoke.

P.S. Sorry I didn't add a picture of the Nub but I didn't want to emasculate Jonathan. ;)

Damn,
That setting there... I feel that Scarlet Ohara is sitting right there next to you waiting for Mr. Butler

IMG_00052.JPG

Geeze dude. Nice place you got there for enjoying a fine smoke or a glass of sweet tea!

Nice review Brother.
Made my mouth water

Gentlemen, the contest is now in the hands of the judges. Thanks to all of you that did a review and shame on those of you that didn't! :sign: Hopefully I will have the winner announced sometime Tuesday.

Brian

Ah man, some really great reviews here. I'm sorry I didn't get mine in, I had to work earlier than I expected and didn't get around to doing it. Good luck to you guys who got yours in, that prize pack is spectacular.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't get a review in, but I'm glad to hear the contest is still on. Finally I think the rain has stopped. Last night the sump pump in the basement came on every 10 seconds...I was worried it might not last night! The worst part about it is its under our bedroom, which means listening to it all night long. :( Between the cat that wants to sleep on my pillow or in my arms, and that damn thing I don't know how I got any sleep!

Great reviews and well done to all those who participated. Congrats to whomever is chosen as the winner, the judges certainly have their work cut out for them.

This was a tough contest to judge...glad I didn't have to do it! :laugh: First and foremost, I would like to thank those of you who participated and submitted a review, they were all great, the generosity of one member who donated the wonderful prize package that wishes to stay anonymous, and also Thanks to our esteemed judges: Infinity, LilBastage, and BlindedByScience for taking the time to help us out with some difficult decisions. With now further ado, the winner is, with 2 first place votes......

DOC WYLIE!

Congrats sir! You have a very nice prize package headed your way tomorrow!

Great job Doc...you nailed that cigar in your review.

Enjoy your winnings :thumbs:

First time I've been called "esteemed"... :laugh:

Congratulations to the winner. I'm honored to have been selected to be part of this.

:)