• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golf 2015

Had the pleasure to play Riverdale Dunes with Undegreed today. This is a Pete Dye design and I love the challenge it provides. Thanks for making the drive Steve.

I finally got out this last week South Shore Country Club.  I nice day for Golf for sure.  After playing so much early in the season I have only gotten out 3 times since- Bummer.

ilikefishes said:
Had the pleasure to play Riverdale Dunes with Undegreed today. This is a Pete Dye design and I love the challenge it provides. Thanks for making the drive Steve.
Not to be cliche but the pleasure was mine. I had a great time with you, Tim and Zach. The course was fun and I shot well...for me. If I play bogey golf it is a really good day and yesterday was a bogey golf day. No major blowups. Anyone that gets a chance to play a round with Kendall should take the opportunity. He's easy to golf with and is a great golf (I think he shot a 68 or something close to that).

Undegreed said:

Not to be cliche but the pleasure was mine. I had a great time with you, Tim and Zach. The course was fun and I shot well...for me. If I play bogey golf it is a really good day and yesterday was a bogey golf day. No major blowups. Anyone that gets a chance to play a round with Kendall should take the opportunity. He's easy to golf with and is a great golf (I think he shot a 68 or something close to that).

68....nice!  Better question, what did you guys smoke during the round?

I smoked a Ghurka (not the Mercedes though) and My Cuba Wheel. I think Kendall smoked a White Owl and an Acid Blondie.  :whistling:

I played at Oak Quarry, in Southern Fontucky (Fontana) Saturday and Sunday... I just started playing golf in February and was in the low hundreds... Three weeks ago I broke 90, and the past two weeks I was in the mid 80's... Love this game and can't get enough of it. 40 on the front nine on Saturday, with two double bogeys (screwed up 7 and 8)
Smoked a 10 yo Cuaba on Saturday, and on Sunday, I forgot my Partagas Lusi's on the kitchen counter and had to smoke a couple dog rockets from the club house... Needless to say my friend John was not too happy with me... :laugh:
I used a Bio Cell regular shaft driver from Cobra until this past weekend when I tried the new Bio Cell Plus (my friends birthday present) Wow, what a difference! My mishits were straight down the middle, but not as far. When I did hit it correctly, I got a perfect little right to left draw and a very nice bounce and roll... Got to get me one now... :p

What the hell...are you playing every day?  Took me at least a year to get close to low 100's...and I've been there for the past 12 years.

Got my first eagle yesterday!!

I was hitting the ball great- but I wasn't keeping score- had to be close to par- awesome day with my buddies in the Berkshires!! Smoked 2 #1's on the course. Great day!

Congrats on the eagle!

It has been about a moth since I touched my clubs.

Got to play "Custer Hill" on Ft. Riley in Kansas on Saturday with my son-in-law. It was his first time playing and he got to experience what most golfers do - hitting a bunch of crappy shots followed by a few good ones followed by a bunch more crappy shots. It's funny how the frustration over crappy shots doesn't manifest until after the few good shots. Regardless we had a great time, there was hardly anyone on the course so there was no pressure to speed up. I got to smoke a couple of Tat's.

Setharsis said:
What the hell...are you playing every day?  Took me at least a year to get close to low 100's...and I've been there for the past 12 years.
I am only playing on Saturdays and Sundays... I guess I have a knack for the game... :0

Laid off for a week, then back at it this past weekend... On Saturday I had a 38 on the front nine, and did horrible on the back nine (stopped keeping score). On Sunday, 42 on the front and 46 on the back...

Smoked a 2015 Lusitania on Saturday, and it was amazing... Had a boli belicosos finos on Sunday, it was really good as well... I need to swing a club about 30 minutes every day to get the muscle memory so ingrained that I don't have to think about it every time I get up to the ball...

Well I am officially screwed for the rest of this golf season.  10 days ago I played golf and pulled a muscle in my back, i could not finish 10th hole and it was a shame as I had a birdie and a few pars and finished nine with a 39.  So after letting it rest and feeling no pain for the 10 days, I tried again yesterday and only made 5 holes.  Out for the year and will have to have an exercise program to strengthen it once it has healed. :angry:

Good luck in your recovery. You might also take some lessons to teach you how to swing with less stress on your back.

Since driving the ball did not hurt and it was only when bending over, like a short iron or wedge, I am going to consider a club fitting and then perhaps some lessons on how to swing differently.  It's sort of a different injury, it is a mid-back, not lower back pull and my borther-in-law the physical therapist is providing a regimen.  Hopefully all those things in combination will allow me to continue to play.  One word of advice, don't get old. :D

Played Legacy Ridge with Ilikefishes on Saturday. Well, we played half a round (which is completely different than half played around). We got paired with a couple of...?...I'm not sure what to call them. I shoot in the nineties and call myself a hacker, these two guys were playing best ball and taking an 8 on most everything. Regardless, even with the slow play of our foursome we were pushing the group in front of us. When we made the turn and pulled up to 10 there was a significant delay. So we packed it up and had lunch at the clubhouse. We have agreed to play it again on a weekday. Even with the frustration of slow play it was an enjoyable day. Kendall is a great guy and his son, Zen (or Zach as I continuously called him) is one of the most well adjusted, comfortable in his own shoes 13 year olds I have met. And to top off the excursion just before I headed back home Kendall gave me wood...and sandpaper and respirators and clamps and misc tools.

I finally got out yesterday- with 5 lost balls on the front I still shot a 90. Felt go had the Buena vistas going all day!!

I'm glad you guys had fun. Some day we should have a CP golf outing!!

When I loose 5 balls I tell everyone I was minus 5 for the day...sounds waaay better. I'm up for a CP golf outing. Vegas??