• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good bourbon whiskey?

Thanks to you fellas I think I have found something new to explore. I went today and grabbed a bottle of Woodford to experiment and at the register they had a 50ml Basil Hayden's which I picked up.

Never sipping bourbon before, I expected a bite. I poured up that little BH's neat and boy was it smooth. I drink scotch regularly but this really opened my eyes to a new side of whiskey.

Moved on to the Woodford. With a 90 proof I knew this one was going to have a little more umph and it did. It was a very good. Although it had a stronger punch I welcomed it and enjoyed the rich caramel like flavors I found. Thumbs up for both but my second bottle will definitely be Basil Hayden's.

Thanks guys.

Thanks to you fellas I think I have found something new to explore. I went today and grabbed a bottle of Woodford to experiment and at the register they had a 50ml Basil Hayden's which I picked up.

Never sipping bourbon before, I expected a bite. I poured up that little BH's neat and boy was it smooth. I drink scotch regularly but this really opened my eyes to a new side of whiskey.

Moved on to the Woodford. With a 90 proof I knew this one was going to have a little more umph and it did. It was a very good. Although it had a stronger punch I welcomed it and enjoyed the rich caramel like flavors I found. Thumbs up for both but my second bottle will definitely be Basil Hayden's.

Thanks guys.

Do you think bourbon is smoother then scotch?

Ive only had BH's and Woodford in the bourbon department. Pretty great stuff. Not much burn in the Woodford and Basils is the smoothest booze I've ever had.

Hard to imagine easier sippers in my mind. :thumbs:

Ive only had BH's and Woodford in the bourbon department. Pretty great stuff. Not much burn in the Woodford and Basils is the smoothest booze I've ever had.

Hard to imagine easier sippers in my mind. :thumbs:

I love both bourbon and scotch, but I find scotch to be more smooth then most bourbons. Oh well, I wonder if it goes down different for everyone? lol kind of like taste buds.

I really enjoy Bakers with a splash just to open it up a'lil. Sweet sippen for 107 proof!

I cracked open a bottle of the Black Maple Hill Premium Small Batch Bourbon last night. 95 proof. No age listed on the label. Black wax seal. Red lettering on the label.
About 40 bucks a bottle. My vendor said that only 6 bottles were allocated to my state. I have no idea if that is true.
I have not tried a lot of Bourbons, yet, but this one was quite tasty. The Vendor said it was one of the smoothest Bourbons he had ever drank, and that he was a "Bourbon Drinker".
I found it fairly smooth, but do not have the experience with bourbons to say more or less smooth than many of the most well regarded brands.
Again, I loved the flavor, and may very well go get the last bottle to keep on hand for myself, or a gift.

I'd like to place a vote for the Four Roses Small Batch. This is a staple on my liquor rack.

Is it bad that I sometimes gargle my whiskey and swish it around like mouth wash ? It's sooo good