• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Home-made wooden ash tray

I look forward to seeing some ashtrays up in the future, I will keep my eyes open. Would love to get my hands on one of these beauties, I'm still using a Walmart plastic cigarette ashtray. :laugh:

Thats sort of the idea. No wait list or anything, just posting some pics, along with a value (determining values may be the only difficulty), and letting everybody duke it out.
The idea would most likely still be smokes for trays.... or hugs...

Just determine value the same way as the other trays you produced. Cost of wood, plus shipping. Remember, if you adding value due to labor, then you are becoming a vendor and different rules will apply.

So if you have a walnut tray, it would be say $30 in parts and 10 shipping. So the tray would trade for $40.

Thats sort of the idea. No wait list or anything, just posting some pics, along with a value (determining values may be the only difficulty), and letting everybody duke it out.
The idea would most likely still be smokes for trays.... or hugs...

Just determine value the same way as the other trays you produced. Cost of wood, plus shipping. Remember, if you adding value due to labor, then you are becoming a vendor and different rules will apply.

So if you have a walnut tray, it would be say $30 in parts and 10 shipping. So the tray would trade for $40.

Thanks for bringing that up, and I think that system would work great.

6837369786_76770238ae.jpg

I call it, THE COFFIN.
I just decided to have some fun with my new forestner bit and make a single tray. For a piece of 2x4 it turned out pretty cool.

That's a pretty cool single tray...Is that your first one up for trade? :whistling:

Naw that one was just a way to test out my new tool, however, because of my new tool I'll be producing a few singles trays. I've got some pretty neat ideas for some singles trays that will probably go up soon.

6986634017_d3329bbdd7.jpg

Teaser of the wood that will be used for the next ash tray. It should probably go up here and be available for trade either today (Friday) or tomorrow (Saturday).
Keep your eyes peeled!!!!

Naw that one was just a way to test out my new tool, however, because of my new tool I'll be producing a few singles trays. I've got some pretty neat ideas for some singles trays that will probably go up soon.

Always good to test your tool from time to time, ya know, to make sure it still works... :whistling: :sign:

6986634017_d3329bbdd7.jpg

Teaser of the wood that will be used for the next ash tray. It should probably go up here and be available for trade either today (Friday) or tomorrow (Saturday).
Keep your eyes peeled!!!!

I call dibs! Today is Friday right??? :cool:

6988971183_ee356f81c5.jpg

6842847462_47e669b5d6.jpg

The value is $20 on this one with all factors taken into account.
I had alot of fun making it, and I think this one is one of my favorites so far.
So.......
WHO WANTS IT?

Glad to see you guys are able to still make some trays! I'm not sure, but I'm thinking you should prob start a new thread in the B/S/T forum? I'll be keeping my eyes out for sure!

I'll definitely start a new one in the BST forum. I agree, this has turned more into a way to spread our trays about the earth! hahahah
Its been alot of fun getting to know people, and getting to make some sweet trays. I really enjoy making them, but I would hate to hoard them myself since I've been making so many for fun!

QUALITY!!! I was blown away by this thing, who wants to herf?

100_2643.jpg
100_2650.jpg

Hey guys...I've been remiss about posting this, and want to apologize for my tardiness. The life at home and work have been hitting me left and right of late. Anyway...I proposed a trade with Austin (aquiring93) and Mike (asel.mike) whereby I commissioned on of their fantastic ashtrays for some smokes. They were very accommodating with my indecisiveness in terms of what I wanted as far as design went. After much back and forth with Austin, I decided on a round ashtray (after seeing wkoti's) in tineo. I supplied them with the wood, which they were kindly able to direct me to and I waited. These two BOTLs were extremely busy, but followed through and fashioned a beautiful ashtray for me. Thanks guys. This piece is truly fantastic, and I look forward to breaking it in soon. Hope you enjoy the smokes I dropped in the mail to you today. For those of you who would like to see their creation...here it is:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9608]