• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many cigars per day/week?

I'm right there with you Paul. I'd like to enjoy more than 1 a week but I just can't find the time to actually sit down and enjoy it. Not to mention, as another posted already said, this is something I enjoy doing and I like to not turn it into a habit.

This coming from a man with an Edgestar 28 bottle frigidor? :laugh: Maybe the smoking quantity, but not the buying quantity. But I hear you, I smoke 7 and buy 25 :whistling:

:blush: Well I guess you've got me there, although I'm still only able to enjoy one per week on average. I doing the research, finding, buying, caring for and most of all smoking the cigars. I look at it as a hobby that I enjoy and not a habit.

I smoke about 4-5 a week since we really did not have a winter here in SC but as it gets hotter and a lot more humid it will probably be less. But we will see lol.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

Usually smoke about 3 per week, and those are on the weekends when I have time to really enjoy them.

Usually 1 a day during the week, which I split with my wife. On the weekends, 2-3 a day, depending on what we are doing.

Interesting thread

I average about 4-8 a week, depending on the weather and time constraints. Anything more and my palate tends to get raped. Also try to take a day or two off here and there. (that first smoke after a couple days off is usually magical)

T

Hmm, most of you are more restrained than I am. I'm smoking one or two a day. Honestly, I planned on keeping myself to one a day but I find myself doubling up fairly frequently. I start one when I get home from the commute and often light up a second in the evening.

Budget-wise, health-wise, and wife-wise, I should probably cut back to a couple a week.

I probably average 2-3 cigars (usually in the petite corona to robusto size range) a day.

Went from 2 a day, 1 at the very least., to 2-3 a day now, sometimes 4 a day this week. I've filled up 4.5 humidors so I really need to improve my smoke-to-buy ratio to make so room for my cigars to breathe. =(

I decided to smoke a lot of my good stuff this week and enjoy life, rather than just staring at the good stuff and smoking them only once I'm awhile. =)

So here's what I've enjoyed during the past 1.5 weeks, more or less, in no particular order:

1- Padron Family Reserve 80th Maduro (1st time, and it was the best Padron, or even one of the best cigars, I've ever had)
1- Cohiba 1966 Edicion Limitada. (wasn't impressed. Suspecting it may have been a rebranded fake. Grrrr...)
2- Opus X Robusto cedar-wrapped from the gift-tins. (love these. Much better, in my opinion, than regular cello'ed.)
1- 2008-09 Opus X Robusto (amazing overall and VERY smooth. Aging beautifully)
1- Fuente MagnumR44 (hands-down the best vitola of the line. Wonderful!)
1- Fuente MagnumR52 (really enjoy these from time-to-time, but see above)
4- Johnny-O custom-rolls (it's never been confirmed, but personally, I taste "Cuban" and they're GOOD)
1- Padron '64 Exclusivo Maduro (always smooth/great/dependable)
1- Tatuaje TAA (love these. One of my all-time favorites. Last single before having to crack open my only box. =*( )
2- Tatuaje Cojonu '03 (one of my favorite/dependable cigars)
1- My Father Le Bijou box-pressed torpedo (loved it)
2- 2011 Anejo Shark (another one of my all-time favorites)
1- 2010-11 Partagas Lusitania (amaaaaazing. One of my new favorites)
2- Partagas Serie D No 4 (can never go wrong with these. One of my all-time favorites)
1- Partagas Serie P No 2 (great, great cigar. Smoking beautifully)
1- Liga Privada LP40 (great cigar/lancero. Wish I had more than 1 left)
1- Liga Privada Dirty Rat (loved it. Also wish I had more!)
1- Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig (womderful LP 9/52 flavors, amazing draw/construction, but not a fan of large RGs)
2- Liga Privada No. 9 Robusto/toro (always loved these)
1- Liga Privada T52 Belicoso (starting to like these better than the 9's, but not just yet. =) )
1- Liga Privada Undercrown Robusto (wasn't impressed at all when I tried a few before, but the last one I had was fantastic!)
1- Camacho Triple Maduro (always good, but stronger than normal this time around)
1- Padron 2000 Maduro (first-half was decent, second-half was gooooood)
1- Fuente Work of Art Maduro (1st one I've had and was REALLY impressed. Great cigar)
1- 2009 Punch Uppercut Ometepe (interesting at first, then very tasty towards 2nd-half)
1- VegaFina Sumum 2010 (if you haven't tried one, you're missing out big-time)
1- Angelenos 2009 (reminded me a lot of a milder, dryer, Opus X. Weird)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but let's just say I had a GREAT past week or two. =D I'll add to the list as I smoke more and/or remember!!

Awesome thread. I enjoyed reading it.

I didn't know pipes needed a rest until I read the stickies in the pipe section. Sounds like a fun hobby to try. And affordable. But I think cigars are affordable too. I guess it depends on how much you wanna spend.

Used to smoke 5-7 a week, but lately, I'm lucky to get 1-2 in a week. The great part of this is that the majority of my stock is at least 3 years old.

I try not to smoke more than 4 or 5 a week when I'm at home (and often fail, I had 18 cigars in 10 days last time), but I limit myself to one every other day at work.