• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to Safely Ship Liquid Refreshment

jfields said:

I'll try this with your beer John......hope it survives.
That was your beer in the tutorial. :laugh:
I mean soda.
Paul,
Just out of curiosity, how much was it to ship that bottle shipper box UPS from NH to VA?

I remember last time I had to ship one of those from east to west coast it was almost $90.00
Paul,
Just out of curiosity, how much was it to ship that bottle shipper box UPS from NH to VA?

I remember last time I had to ship one of those from east to west coast it was almost $90.00

I believe it was $33 which I was shocked at how quick it got to you. Last time I did this pass I shipped to CA I think and it was in the $65 range.

bluue13 said:
An extra step I always do as well is get a large garbage bag and put it in first to line the box with, then I pack everything inside the bag.  Sort of as an added insurance that just in case anything breaks it wont leak everywhere.  Its not fool-proof, but luckily I've had no issues so far.

I've done the same thing in the past.

I guess it just depends on the location you're shipping to, if it's any real benefit price wise. I just like knowing up front what the price is going to be if I ship anywhere in the US, including Hawaii/ Alaska.

That, and not having to go to UPS, or Fed Ex. I do the processing and schedule the pick up on my computer, lay the parcel on my porch, and they pick up. Just wish they weren't so flaky on the delivery times every now and then.

Nice tutorial John. Is it FedEx proof? Where was this when I needed it.....

I received a shipment from John and if it wasn't packaged like he had shown, I think a few refreshments would have been injured.  The below hole in the box, goes all the way through the box and I could touch a few bottles.  This is a great reminder on how to package shipments.

mm7i.jpg

MoeCizlak said:
If you got something to say to me Freebern, say it.

LMAO, I think I've said it at least 3 other times.......but in other threads.  Should I re-state the facts again, in those threads, "Mr. I can't pack for shit" Cavanah?

Dick!

Also, I see they have Zeelander on tap now so I may try again. Hopefully my shattered confidence will return. You and Jimmy were looking for some weren't you?

We were, but it might be safer to just jump on a plane, I'll pay for your return ticket :)  Have you even got to try any PseudoSue or any other TGBs yet?

No. I'm not really an IPA guy. There are a couple that sound good but I have no hope of chasing down.

I am sure that was for demonstrating purposes only..........

Thanks for the tutorial in the past I have only sent the small "airplane" bottles because of my concerns about shipping.

Thanks, this is good info. I am on a trip right now and I was thinking about shutting off my hunt for spirits as my suitcases are filling up rapidly lol.