How to Sell Large Cigar Collection

Discussion in 'Cuban Cigar Forum' started by catmandu, Sep 3, 2010.

1. catmandu

catmandu New Member

Doc,

"Trying to intimidate" and "young fella?"

First: No, I am not trying to intimidate. However, since some of the nicer people here intimated that I am a scammer, I thought it might be a good idea to give them some information so that they can look me up and make an informed decision before engaging in name-calling. That's all.

Second: Doc, I may be older than you. I am far from being a "young fella."

Now, when we are we going to meet to discuss my "scumbag" status? I'll bring the smokes.

rac

Doc,

I take it back, it appears that my original thread was not deleted afterall. Please accept my apologies for concluding that you were the Master Mind behind that.

As for the other stuff . . . .

rac

2. DePasta

DePasta Stop it! That tickles!

Doc a Master Mind?........ :sign:

And who is this BBS guy you speak of? He definitely is not the warm and fuzzy type.....LOL

3. Devil Doc

Devil Doc When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back

I'm all for discussing the "other things", which you seem to have avoided addressing. It's only human nature. After all, in all modesty, I am an expert, and I'm sure I could help put your problem in perspective.

Doc.

4. catmandu

catmandu New Member

Doc, you are indeed modest! I am always looking for an expert to help me put my problems in perspective. What's your hourly rate?

btw, are you a retired marine? If so, you have my total respect and I thank you for serving our country,

best,

rac

5. Devil Doc

You got a real eye for detail.:rolleyes:

Doc.

6. catmandu

catmandu New Member

Yeah, but I have to work at it. Doesn't come naturally to me. ;)

7. sinnyc

sinnyc Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.

Isn't this over yet? I've been bored since page one.

Get ye gone, villain!

- Tim

8. Wurm

Wurm Bratwurst and Beer

1) Not interested, do not care.

2) No one lambasted you. You broke the rules and were informed about it.

3) If your true intention was to find a good place to sell your "client's" cigars then you would not have needed to list the HTF cigars. But you did and that was the trolling for sales I mentioned.

4) Most importantly, Internet forums are a form of benevolent dictatorships, Rod's house, his rules. And if you continue in this vein, I'm quite sure he is going to show you the door.

The floor of CP is littered with the corpses of Pedantic Narcissistic Egoists... you won't be the first and you won't be the last.

Then again you could always apologize and tone down your ego a bit and stay, this place is worth it. But I'm pretty sure that is not the route you are going to take.

Shawn

P.S. My user name is German for Dragon :) Starship Troopers is a good book though, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" is in my opinion the better book. As a matter of fact CP runs under the TANSTAAFL motto... and you sir haven't earned your place in the sandwich line yet.

9. "Son, one day you can grow up to be a Managaing Attorney just like your father."

10. catmandu

catmandu New Member

Shawn/Wurm,

Thanks for the note.

You don't know me, I don't know you, but please accept my sincere apologies for rufling feathers. A bit of jest on my side with all and I trust on yours, but it really doesn't matter. You guys were dishing, so I dished it back - nothing personal on this side, I assure you.

Hey, I own that I violated a rule. Mea culpa.

I trust that is acceptable.

Best,

Richard

11. Rural Guy

Rural Guy Esquire

Esq is basically a made up title and anyone can use it. FYI.

Mike Esq.

ETA: Mr. Fancy Pants

12. grateful1

grateful1 Oh My!

[​IMG]

13. BigJake6904

BigJake6904 Fat Texan

Do I have to send you a MO with a partial refund back because you sent too much? :laugh:

14. catmandu

catmandu New Member

You know, I am beginning to like this place . . . might have to stick around awhile :rolleyes:

Have a great weekend . .

BigJake,

Checked out your personal cigar web site. Nice.

rac

15. MoeCizlak

MoeCizlak Built for comfort

A couple of things: Do you, as an attorney, do any work for the Department of Redundancy Department? This is not the United States of America. This is the United Forums of Rod. His rules, his site. Now that that is out of the way, drop the "smartest guy in the room" attitude and stick around. There have been people who started out much worse than you and are still here. You keenly deduced that Devil Doc was a Marine so you are astute ;) (now if you could only deduce what he did in the Marines :D ) and capable of recovering from this. This is an amazing place with amazing people which is why we are so protective of it. I will guarantee if you stick around you will see that for yourself. This place is definitely worth the effort. Drop the ostentatious behavior, grab a smoke and make yourself at home.

16. Devil Doc

I was not a fugin' Jarhead you meat heads.
    <----
    Doc.

17. catmandu

catmandu New Member

Moe,

Thanks for the note - acknowledged and appreciated.

This is your turf and I didn't mean any dispresect to anyone, especially a vet who served our country. To the contrary, I salute Doc and all of those who served or are serving. I thank God that there are such honorable souls to do this country's work so that the rest of us can live life the way we choose.

Behavior's gone - I was dishing in jest, really. But, I have apologized and I will again. Mea culpa. I own my actions.

Thanks for the heads up.

Have a smoke for me this morning,

Best,

rac

18. mmburtch

mmburtch Sleep deprived and cranky

Guilt by association?

19. grateful1

grateful1 Oh My!

[​IMG]

20. mmburtch

mmburtch Sleep deprived and cranky

IF, these cigars are what you claim, your avenues of sale in the US are limited, unless you want to be dis-bared. There are auction houses in Europe that could probably help you out.