• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

All in all not too bad, did have a fender bender with a little older lady, she was less than 5' tall. Pulled into my lane on a busy main thoroughfare and clipped the side of the Suburban, she was in a VW Beetle. Can't get in the body shop until July5th! Won a Ducks Unlimited clay target event and a Judge in the gun raffle.

We had a fender bender too on Monday. Wife pulled up to a cigar store in Richmond for me to hop out to get a belated birthday cigar (got a T52) when a lady backs out of her parking space right into my truck. We were so pissed. She hoped out and tried to rub off her paint from my truck. Wife told her that wasn't going to fix the damage. She then asks how long we were there. My wife kept her composure but it was a pretty tense exchange of information.

Sorry to hear about the fender benders.

Glad none were hurt

Epic week here in Central Virginia. Weather has been great, so lots of outdoor time. I'm sporting a pretty good Farmers Tan already! Got some pool time with the kid and the wife. Had several great work outs. We had our tile for our basement project delivered and a big piece of furniture moved so now our contractor is back at it. Discovered that Tried a Belgian Triple and discovered that it wasnt as bad as the Quad that i had once before which turned me off from Belgian beers. Going to a cigar event tonight for LFD! Tomorrow we are chilling out and then heading to see a Roller Derby match for the first time.

First off- Happy Fathers Day. I had a fantastic Fathers Day and I hope the rest of you did too. Our basement renovation is underway with the painting now completed and floor tile set to begin this coming week. We went up to see my dad at the end of this past week- by way of the Washington DC Zoo. The whole time I was at the Zoo with my almost 2yr old son i was praying that I wouldn't be the next Gorilla Mom. My son was trying his best to get into every single animal enclosure and I bet he could have gotten into one or two of them.
From there, we headed up to Philly to visit my Dad. We all had a great time and came home yesterday. Today we had brunch at a brewery/restaurant and then I went off to the cigar store for a couple of smokes with friends before heading home to grill steaks for dinner. Best Fathers Day weekend so far and I have my awesome wife and son to thank for it all.

How was your week?

Pretty busy week for me. Just catching up on a lot of things that got behind when I was so involved helping my Mom. Did a fair amount of cooking, getting meal or meal components frozen.
Good fathers day, today. Cooked a nice meal featuring Baked Lasagne Bolognese (extra mozzarella, by request), and just hung out with my son. He's getting older, so I'm required to bust his balls. He takes it well, and has some pretty clever comebacks. We laughed pretty hard several times, i.e., that can't talk, can't stop, gut and face hurting laughing.

Interesting week. This week, I taught Vacation Bible School for my church. It ran 4 days and I had 3 and 4 year olds for most of the time. Holy cow- my hats off to those teachers out there. And the general difference in the energy/loudness levels between boys and girls! I was glad to do something different and I always loved volunteering at church so I was very excited about last week and it surprised me how tiring it was- well back again to my normal routine.
This week also marked the start and completion of the tile in our basement. As you might recall, our broken water pipe back at the end of April resulted in us renovating our basement- epoxy bar top, new paint, new tile, and new carpet. So now we have the carpet to get done, shoe molding, some touch up paint, and a pool table to get moved back into place. All but the pool table should be done by the end of next week. We are very happy with how it has turned out so far. Check out a picture of the floor.
Today we are going to the Starr Hill IPA Jamboree where our favorite local band is going to play. I'm very excited- mainly because Sons of Bill is going to play and it won't be past my bed time before they get on stage!
Also had some exciting news this past week, we are having another baby boy- this one is due out at Christmas. We are wicked excited about this.
So that was my week, how was yours?

Attachments

• 2016-06-25 13.19.34.jpg
    2016-06-25 13.19.34.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2016-06-25 13.19.58.jpg
    2016-06-25 13.19.58.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2016-06-25 13.20.19.jpg
    2016-06-25 13.20.19.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1
Wow! Great news and I'm very happy for all of you. Had a decent week, myself. Still recovering from the move but mostly unpacked.

Highlights of the week. Dealing with Mom stuff, filling a huge hole in my yard, doing some other yard work, and looking for a ballast that I bought and lost. Hehe, getting old!

Started the week rewrapping a stretch of duct in the attic, and stepped through the ceiling. Fun.

Then today, set a new commode in the half bath.
Only took one trip to the big orange box store for repair parts.

Had to replace the closet flange and pick up a different water line.

Then when I turned the water on the fill valve in the tank was leaking. Snagged to fill valve out of the old tank and was up and running in no time.

During cleanup discovered I had drawn blood at some point as there were a few red dots on the tile. Found out a few hours later it must have been from my foot, I had stepped on something in the yard and didn't even know it.

Sucks getting old. I used to marvel at my dad and the journeymen I used to work with that would have blood running down their arms and not know it, and now I'm right there with them.

Toss in a few bike rides with my wife.
A few cigars.
Several episodes of The Walking Dead.

Great week.

Scap, I have yet to make a repair/renovation without bleeding, cussing and making an unplanned run to Lowes or Home Depot for something. And I've done a number of projects.

Busy week at work. Ceridian time clocks didn't want to cooperate, I think we got it licked. Was ready for the weekend. Worked our butts off on the landscaping in preparation for my wife's family visit. At this point I'm ready to go back to the 9-5 to get a break from the weekend.

Great week. Our basement project is all but complete- need one punchlist item addressed and for the pool table to be moved back in which is a week away from happening. We are moving back into and enjoying our basement again. Its a great feeling after two months of being in a state of renovation. We also had our 8 year anniversary on Wednesday where we dropped the kids off and had the day to ourselves. We played golf and played really well for our 2nd round of the year. I shot a 100 and the wife shot a 91. We enjoyed a quite and leisurely afternoon and then went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant in town. Yesterday I ordered two boxes of the 2 Guys Smoke Shop Firecracker by Skip Martin that has been at the top of my wishlist for this years released. Finally, we are wrapping up the week enjoying our new basement and hosting some out of town guests. Check out the before and after pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2016-07-02 15.01.30.jpg
    2016-07-02 15.01.30.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 2016-07-02 15.01.56.jpg
    2016-07-02 15.01.56.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2
  • 2016-07-02 15.02.15.jpg
    2016-07-02 15.02.15.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2016-07-02 15.02.26.jpg
    2016-07-02 15.02.26.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1
Messed up my bid and got to sit reservre in a hotel while my family went on vacation. My I did figure out a killer entertainment setup to take with me on the road to help pass the time on rainy days.

We have to bid for schedules..based on seniority. I mixed up what week my family was going on vacation. So I worked while they played at the beach.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200. Sucks, but I had to work this Saturday while it was on, anyway. Don't feel so bad now.

Steven Adler back in Guns N' Roses (at least for one night on a few songs). My inner childhood me is geeking out at an exponential rate right now.

I'm two days into a four day program full of 32 little shitheads. Ok, maybe only 28 of them are shitheads...