• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

I always find that a shortened week after a long weekend is tough, even in my line of work. The wife was out of town for two of the four days for work and my son was a lot to handle. I think his teeth are bothering him- I'm waiting on his two year molars to pop through but in the meantime his teething is causing more crying and fussing then anything else. We had a dog trainer come by today to help us get our dog's barking under control, which added to last weeks headaches. Hopefully we can keep consistent with what she taught us and correct this behavior. On top of all of that, there are a few folks on our community email list serve who like to email things that any decent person wouldn't tell you to your face and not being one to tolerate idiots it took all I could muster to not reply. Well, a few cigars and rum solved most of my temporary problems. Hopefully next week can address the others.
How was your week?

Other than Yard work kicking my butt, my Mom is back in Hospital.
A lot of family drama. Trying to keep my ginny temper in check. I forgot a lot of Italian, but can still cuss like an Italian sailor. :D
I'm actually a pretty calm person, but they seem to be pushing the few buttons I have.

Hope your mom is ok. We'll keep you all in our thoughts.

Does having a teenage daughter count as "family drama"? If so, I'm there, too. Why can't kids be smart enough to realize that even though we're old now, we were once their age and did/possibly got caught and in trouble for the same sort of shit they are trying to pull (and somehow expecting to get away with it)?

oes having a teenage daughter count as "family drama"?
Hell yes! ;)

I think we are programmed to rebel, question, etc. I'm pretty convinced it's what has advanced us as a species. I had to rethink everything I was conditioned to, in regards to child rearing. I figure my main objective is to keep him reasonably safe. I often just ask myself "is it in the realm of normal" for a kid. Most times, yes.

All that said, I think a girl would stress me out a lot more. And that would be due to my conditioning, not what she would be.

Hell yes! ;)

I think we are programmed to rebel, question, etc. I'm pretty convinced it's what has advanced us as a species. I had to rethink everything I was conditioned to, in regards to child rearing. I figure my main objective is to keep him reasonably safe. I often just ask myself "is it in the realm of normal" for a kid. Most times, yes.

All that said, I think a girl would stress me out a lot more. And that would be due to my conditioning, not what she would be.
It's rough, that's for sure. I mean, I subscribe to your entire thought process. I try to think of my teenage years and how I felt and what I did. With that in mind, I want to give her as much "freedom" as I can, but there are definitely areas where what she thinks she should be able to do and what I we are comfortable letting her do collide like continental plates. I get that she doesn't understand some of our decisions. It's normal, no doubt. Doesn't mean I have to like it! :p

Teenagers man. If my kids are like me then I better be prepared for grey hair in a decade or so.

Busy, busy, busy. And getting busier.

I'm writing the curriculum modules I (and everyone else at RMA) will be teaching come August, and was contracted for four hour days over contract at my daily rate. It's going well but as the deadline looms . . . lol. So video conferencing with the Curriculum Director and the rest of the ELA team today, I asked if there was room in the budget for a, well, a little more time.

Ambyr was like, "Oh, hell yes! We'll pay you for full days till the start of the next contract year if you need them! Weekends too! Just let me know!" :confused:

I'm going to need a bigger humidor. :eek:

~Boar

Today was the last day of our Flight School summer programs for this season. To surprise the little buggers, we coordinated with some contacts and had an H-60 Blackhawk land in our parking lot at the end of the day. The crew came in and talked to the students for a bit before the graduation ceremony. This group was probably the best we've had this summer and I'm glad this surprise ending went to a deserving bunch of kids. They had no idea what was coming, and when this thing flew in low over the museum, they all lost their minds. I've gotten crotchety and cynical over the last two months doing this just about every day, but if I had a heart it would have been warmed today...

That is really cool Kann. I don't suppose that you have any pictures that you could post?
I had a bum of a week. Kid was teething Monday/Tuesday resulting in a Dr. Jackel/Mr Hyde temperament and the wife was away both days for work. Tuesday afternoon, I get home from the pool with my son and still in my swim trunks and with my kid strapped into his carseat, I go to let my dog out to pee about the same time the UPS Ninjas come down to drop off a package and they had a disagreement. Wife was very upset and emotional. It was a crappy situation. Then Wednesday I went to our HOA meeting to bring up and seek Board action on the neighborly actions of a few folks in the neighborhood. Apparently, I wasn't the only one and the meeting got quite lively and passionate. It went good from my perspective, but i had quite a few days of high stress. Finally yesterday things seemed to calm down some. The wife, son and I went to go to the free friday concert series in town and later today we are planning on going to pick peaches to make pies with. I have been disappointed with the few cigars i smoked this week to boot so if you have any pity to spare, I will take some.

How was your week? Better then mine i hope.

I haven't mentioned this yet, but my wife is pregnant with our second son, due on Christmas Eve. She is 4 months pregnant and is full on pregnant- showing the belly, tired, moody, and not interested in doing it. Anyway, I don't remember what happened last week. My memory only begins on Thursday. We went out to have a picnic dinner on top of a popular hill top vista over looking C'ville. Was a lot of fun and the wife really enjoyed it after another long week of travel. Her travel schedule has added onto her tiredness. However, she was very appreciative that i not only made dinner- which didn't suck, but that i planned a nice romantic evening picnic (still didn't get any).
Fast forward to Saturday, we hit up one of the county fairs around here. This one was a legit county fair, tons of animals, tractor pulls and a bunch of other cool things that my sons nap schedule doesn't allow me to enjoy, such as a demolition derby! Our friends who had twins the day before we had our first son joined us and it was a great, abet hot, time. Hadn't seen them for a couple of weeks due to travel, visitors and vacations. Joined them on their boat after nap time which was real fun. Our son loves water, and i mean loves water. Put his Puddle Jumpers, aka Water Muscles or Water Wings to you folks without toddlers, on and the kid is kicking his way across any body of water. Sunday, the wife and I went on a dinner/movie date. It was real nice. We saw Ghost Busters and it was a lot of fun. It was different enough from the original Ghost Busters that you weren't comparing scenes with the original. It took a little bit to get funny, but it did and it was worth a watch.

So another week of the wife traveling, my kid throwing temper tantrums, and temperature in the 90's/100's. How was your week?

Didn't do too much. Had a bout of Vertigo, so a lot of time being sedentary, and watching that "Stranger Things" mini series after some folks mentioned it here on CP. I enjoyed it. Didn't smoke much. I also think the Vertigo has chilled.

Didn't do too much. Had a bout of Vertigo, so a lot of time being sedentary, and watching that "Stranger Things" mini series after some folks mentioned it here on CP. I enjoyed it. Didn't smoke much. I also think the Vertigo has chilled.
so how does virtigo come on, and what does it do to you? What happens and how does it pass?

so how does virtigo come on, and what does it do to you? What happens and how does it pass?
Can be caused by several things, ears, spinal, etc. In my case, certain movements can cause it to come in that moment, and then last for a minute or so. Time it lasts and severity varies greatly. You basically see everything spinning like, say clockwise for lack of a better explanation. Your balance is totally gone too. For instance, if you try to stand up, you'll violently flip one way or the other. No fun.

Can be caused by several things, ears, spinal, etc. In my case, certain movements can cause it to come in that moment, and then last for a minute or so. Time it lasts and severity varies greatly. You basically see everything spinning like, say clockwise for lack of a better explanation. Your balance is totally gone too. For instance, if you try to stand up, you'll violently flip one way or the other. No fun.
ugg. Sounds similar to the drunk spins with out the buzz.

This week was quite interesting- my wife again had work travel, and while she was gone, i was inundated with a barrage of family ridiculous. My son pulled his best El Chapo impersonation and escaped his crib. My dad, who is on a quest for the best hot dog has asked me to be his hot dog mule next time i come up to visit, and my mom decided to come over and supervise my house chores. Seriously felt like someone was filming this past week for a tv show. Spent some time at the cigar store, sanded the deck in anticipation of painting it and picked up birthday supplies for my son's 2nd birthday.

Well some important things are coming up: Olympics starts this coming Friday, my son's birthday is in 2 weeks, my wife's is in 3, our family trip is in 4 and my son starts preschool in 5 weeks. Wow, I've got some planning to do!

Anyway, what have y'all been up to? Oh, and once i figure out how to get the picture of my son climbing out of his crib, i'll post it.

Scap, what do you sell? Glad to see that things are currently going great for you- based on your chart.