• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

So last week I finished planting the liriope and this week i installed all of the landscape edging and threw down the last of the mulch. There were several good soaking showers this week so I haven't had to water anything which is nice and the Liquid Fence appears to be working! Just about done with outdoor projects! We signed our refi docs on the house, and I'm getting closer to getting my student loan all paid off! And just to sweeten the deal, its Masters week! I like watching golf on TV, but i dont really pay attention to anything until the Masters. I'm getting the itch to get back out and play some golf- hopefully not in such windy weather. Also shaved off the beard to a fu manchu and then today to just a Super Troopers 'stash. This coming week my wife's company has a black tie event in DC so I'm very excited to head up there for a couple of days and spend some time with some buddies at my old cigar shops, and also do some shopping. I look forward to this every year. Unfortunaitly I'll have to shave off the 'stash for it, but its a trade I'll begrudgingly make.

How was your your week?

My week was just weird. :oops:

Monday and Tuesday I had jury duty, which dragged on forever. I didn't know until 5:15 PM on Tuesday whether I'd be in the final selection or not, after multiple callbacks and hours of sitting around. Tried to get out of it because I had a court summons of my own for Friday and got turned down, in fact!

Friday's court date cost me $1800, which was actually a significant savings over how it COULD have gone. Long story there. I was just incredibly stressed out going in, and commenced to blowing off steam after coming out, which led to sleeping in till noon on Saturday . . . lol. :rolleyes:

Basically, about two years ago I had to choose between my credit cards, which I had in a payoff program, and my student loan, which the gov't was . . . a little insistent about. Since the credit cards couldn't do anything immediately and the gov't COULD . . . there weren't many good options available to me. Friday was me dealing with the first fallout from that. It ain't good and it ain't pretty but it ain't fatal, either. I'll live.

~Boar

A lot of yard work...too much yard work. My back isn't too happy.
Between the storm damage and Spring kicking in, I'm about to cut it all down and cement the whole thing.:D

Busted my ass in the yard as well. Damn shovel work, sore in places I forgot I had.
What? You plant a tulip with those girly hands and strain your pinky? :p

Kidding aside yard work really seems to use all sorts of forgotten muscles. Put down 3 cubic yards of top soil and over 600 square feet of sod. It was alot of fun, but yeah I'm not 18 anymore.

Last edited:
Guy down my street is teaching his kids how to make it in the world . . . they mow about half the lawns in the subdivision, including mine. :)

~Boar
Good for him! I've noticed that no neighborhood kids come around to shovel snow or mow lawns. My son is going to have numerous opportunities and seemingly little competition for both jobs. (Stepping onto my soap box) That is whats wrong with America. Kids are not motivated anymore like they used to be. Video games rotting their heads and participation trophies watering down their desire to put in the effort. Back in my day....

My week had been nothing but entertaining guests. Planning a surprise b-day party for my wife and gaining weight. We have eaten out at least twice a day. Plus skipping the gym. Today is the last day of guests. Then I get the the house to myself for a few days until I go back to work for a few weeks.

Shooter, best take out meal in the last week?

Honestly... And don't judge. But after waking up at noon from a long night with friends. It was the Cracker Barrel breakfast sandwich my wife brought me. I did find a new favorite italian restaurant in the melee of eating out. Must have winked at the server in the cuban joint cause I got free drinks all night and no one else did. I ordered chicken at a steakhouse cause I was tired of steak. I ate all the left over pizza one day and pissed the wife off and I had my first bbq brisket pizza.

I will say the hamburgers I made with duck eggs last night where amazing.

But still the breakfast sandwhich wins. I got up put a shirt and pants on like I was going to do something... Ate that thing and went right back to bed for a few more hours.

Haha. Love me a good breakfast sandwich. While I pay for pissing off the wife, there are times when it needs to happen. It's how I combat the "if the wife ain't happy, no one is happy" line.

So with the exception of this morning, I have had a really good week. My wife's company had their yearly Black Tie event on Tuesday in DC. I got to be her date for the night and left the kid and dog with relatives for two days. I help boost the economy while I was up in DC with stops at the liquor store and Drapers of Bethesda. The event was awesome! We had a really good time. There were some well known people there who were 4-H alumni, and the kids that were honored during the program had some really amazing accomplishments. Made me feel like a slacker. After the event, I meet up with a good friend of mine at Civil Cigar Lounge. Simply put, had an awesome night. The weather here has gotten warmer and drier then the previous weeks and that resulted in a lot of time spent outdoors which is always great. I need to remember to start bringing out the sunscreen for my son and myself though! The only stroke of bad luck was finding a burst pipe in my basement this morning. While I have great insurance, I also now have a deductible to pay and had plans for how I was going to spend my Saturday which did not include making a dozen phonecalls and getting service companies into and out of my house.
Thats my week. How was yours?

I find that having to pay, even if it is a small amount, psychologically taxing. Dispite missing out on the interest of the money it is nice to get a check at the end of the year.