• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

Well true but I feel like I could do something worthwhile with the money. Although I probably would just end up spending it in cigars. Maybe a check at the end of the year is better in that regard.

What a crazy week. I mean, wow. So last weekend, we had a pipe burst in our basement, and my wife has been on the road quite a bit. The basement leak got cleaned up (Ins. claim). The contractor who is going to put the basement back to pre-Insurance-Claim condition tells me that he is going to have to replace all of the flooring, and repaint the walls. I asked him if we upgrade the flooring and he said that so long as we pay the difference, then sure. My wife and I have been talking about doing that since one of us tracked in Red Virginia Clay foot prints onto the white carpet down there. Another thing that has been on our minds since moving in was doing an epoxy bar top. I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, but always found a reason to put it off. I was afraid of the mess it was going to make. My wife reminded me that since the carpet is getting yanked out, then now is the time to pour the epoxy- and boy was she right. We poured the epoxy bar top yesterday, and it is by far, the messiest thing I have ever done in the name of Home Improvement. You should seen the puddles of epoxy on the carpet right now. But the bar does look awesome, and I'm glad to have done it when i did. So for a pretty big cloud, this burst pipe does have a sliver lining.

My wife has been traveling a lot the past few weeks, and this past week was no exception. Gone Mon/Tues, Fri/Sat. I've survived on cheese-its, beer and the occasional piece of cheese that my son refuses to eat. I'm down a quarter of a pound too- watch out swim-suit season! The3 weather here has been fantastic and we have spent a lot of time outdoors. It is a great time of year. How was your week?

Oh, below are some pictures of the Lariapie along the driveway and the before and after of the bar top.

Attachments

• Bar top 2 after.jpg
    Bar top 2 after.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Bar top 2 before.jpg
    Bar top 2 before.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 5
  • driveway 1.jpg
    driveway 1.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 5
  • driveway 2.jpg
    driveway 2.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 5
Last couple weeks were rough. A week of morning shift followed by a week of midnight shifts with no break in between. My last midnight ended on Friday my youngest daughters first birthday and the start of a four day weekend. So we had her party on Saturday at the beach house and spent a couple nights there. Even bought a new grill for the party. Everyone had a great time with the food and the beach. Even invited Kann and his family over for a nice day.

Been a crazy week for me. Back was really bad, got shots, helped a day or two, then back to chair bound. Mom (86 yrs old) has been in and out of the hospital and rehabs for a bit over year after breaking her pelvis. Wound up in Hospital again on the 14th, eventually to rehab.

My Siblings were all freaking out about the rehab center not giving her the best care. (typically the most highly regarded in her city) I spent 2 full days working the phone, literally. Got to the bottom of everything and it seems to be just a lot of emotion, misunderstanding, and opinions. I did suggest, by inquiry, some changes which they implemented immediately.

She is doing well and they are slowly getting her right. It's a process, and sometimes just remaining calm, humble, and friendly gets a lot more accomplished. There is a time to go into bulldog mode, but when you do, you better have a strategy already in place, and ready to implement.

Sounds like the craziness has been going around. O&C, I hope the first birthday was great. Would have preferred some Coors Light in that picture but to each their own.

MadMonk, I hear you on the different ways to get things done. I hope things chill out with your mom & siblings and with your back. I'm curious about why your back is bothering you. Did anything in particular cause it to give you problems? If you'd rather keep that private I understand.

It was a blast. Burned some nice cuts on the grill and smoked some great cigars. The water was nice and cool on a warm day.

I'm curious about why your back is bothering you
Simple answer is degenerative disc disease (basically, discs are gone), severe arthritis, several fusions, causes impingements and other weird crap galore.

It got really complicated for about a year but having to get a new doctor worked out well. Also adjusted other meds by some very large percentages, which was actually very beneficial.

Been all over... Leipzig, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Narita, home for 3 days, now in Korea thru Japan and home for a week then to Miami for a week, then home for 2 weeks. Can't wait to send some time at home.

Damn, that sucks, MadMonk. Good luck.
Shooter, you are a pilot right? When you fly to those places, do you get any time to sight see or do you even have the energy or desire to?

Eat, sleep and sight see that is all I do. Gotta push through the jet lag or stay on home time... It is 4 am in Japan and I just got done working out...breakfast is at 630. Gonna chow down stay up a few more hours and sleep all day. Heading home tonight.

It all depends early in a pattern I might switch sleeping cycles and sight see.. Near the end I try to switch back so coming home isn't as brutal, my wife gives me the stink eye when I am cooking breakfast for the family and drinking a beer. But the local clock says 7 am...my body clock says 5pm. It can take anywhere from 3-5 days to reset. Earth is a small marble and I just go from one cocktail party to the next smoking cigars everywhere I go.

Me in Hong Kong towering over everyone. Zoom in and you'll see me. On the subway I can be in the middle car and see both ends of the train.20151113_110744_HDR.jpg

Last week was intense. The wife had 3 separate trips last week and on Friday I headed up to Philly to have a guys weekend with a good buddy. We cooked 4 pounds of bacon, drank a ton of beer, smoked several good cigars, helped him set up his humidor and came back with a few bottles of bourbon. Great weekend to cap off a crazy week.

So what did you do?

50 years of playing drums in loud Rock and Roll and Blues bands is beginning to take a toll on me. My left hand has been swollen and pain ridden for the last month. Hell, I can't even put my socks on. Went to the MD today. He didn't know what it was. Tests tomorrow.

Doc

Been a good week. Got to stay home from work and hang out with my son yesterday. Kept him out of daycare because of a fever but he was acting 100% himself so we had a fun day together.

Also...Been dealing with bad headaches for years that regular OTC pain meds don't touch. Doc had originally thought tension, prescribed flexeril. I thought it was working but I think its just because it knocked me out and I didn't notice I had them anymore. Finally figured out it wasn't really working.

Then Doc suspected perhaps it was cluster related even though the symptoms didn't fully fit cluster.

Finally after a long sit down with him at my last appointment which just happened to be last week, he said it sounded like a crazy combination of cluster, migraine, seasonal, enviromental, etc. which is annoying because I really am generally healthy. After some tests and discussion we went with Imitrex. Lo and behold today I woke up with a burning headache. Popped one and man....the feeling you get when you finally feel relief and find a medication that works is amazing.

Heres to continued health all around.

Been trying to ignore management and do what I do best... sell shit.

Finally looks like my clients are buying again. Might actually have a decent quarter this time.

Election years always screw up construction, so every four years we see a dip in sales. Gotta love the roller coaster we call sales.

Dragging ass here. We've been on 6 / 12s, covering for our East coast Union guys. They're only paying management straight time,which I guess is better than not getting paid for it.

Makes for long ass weeks.

My son is cutting in his second year molars. I've been noticing a shift towards less sleeping/napping and more crying/fussiness.