• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I raised my humidors RH to 76 I thought thats how you age cigars

cigar2347

Hi i am new and i thought the more humid the better and faster cigars age, i don't know why i thought this to be honest,
so now how can i lower the humidors humidity, i have taken the cigars out left it open but right when i close the door again the humidity goes back up especially with the cigars in there.

Please post some more info to get you help.
What size container or humidor do you use and with what type of humidification device.
How humid is your environment outside your humidor

Cigars age the best at around 70% but not more.
To lower your RH ,you have to take out your humidifying device and check your RH once daily only.
Leave your cigars in the humidor.
When you get it where you want,then you can re install your humidification.

Do you have a digital hydrometer that is calibrated?
That is the most important and only way to know what the humidity is.

Is 74 posts in 11 days a record? ???

Sorry.....just had to.

Edit to add second line.

How long did you leave it all out? It will take a few days for the moisture level to drop in the cigars themselves if you've been storing them at 76%. I'm surprised you don't have mold issues.

What everyone else said........Calibrated digital hygro. More than one is better.

I would like to know why some guy that can't keep his own s#!t squared away is giving out advice......

I would like to know why some guy that can't keep his own s#!t squared away is giving out advice......

Tom you're such a dick! Why don't you like this guy?

BTW......I confirmed you as a friend on FB. :love:

I'm a "Trauma Level 3 Dick"....and trust me, it takes years of practice.... :p

Serioiusly, he still has no business giving out advice. He should be reading more, posting less, gleaning the knowledge these forums have to offer, and shutting up in the meantime.

Please post some more info to get you help.
What size container or humidor do you use and with what type of humidification device.
How humid is your environment outside your humidor

Cigars age the best at around 70% but not more.
To lower your RH ,you have to take out your humidifying device and check your RH once daily only.
Leave your cigars in the humidor.
When you get it where you want,then you can re install your humidification.

Do you have a digital hydrometer that is calibrated?
That is the most important and only way to know what the humidity is.

Now you're just gooching us!

Go back to the threads you started and answer those questions before asking anyone anything...just sayin'...

Yes?

Serioiusly, he still has no business giving out advice. He should be reading more, posting less, gleaning the knowledge these forums have to offer, and shutting up in the meantime.

Are you implying you are a trauma physician?

I think you are a blooming idiot with and attitude.

What I know and what I have in cigars characters like you are unable to achieve.

This guy is in Los Angeles.

Are you talking about me?

Rod

I just seen what you are doing with my threads.

It proves to me that you are not what you implied.

I think you are also a young pup with luck of values.

Best luck to you

What I know and what I have in cigars characters like you are unable to achieve.

...well, now you had to go and make it personal.

Let me tell you something, lord of the cigars.....thousands of folks have used beads successfully, with no drama or issues (myself included) so I'm thinking it's you that's the idiot, not me nor the thousands of other successful users of beads within the circle of cigars smokers. You have no idea what cigars I have been able to "achieve" but I have done quite well, thank you very much. For you to presume less only illustrates your ignorance, and arrogance. You accuse me of attitude yet it is you that displays same. You are a boor and a pretender. You come seeking knowledge, yet offer nothing but attitude and hauteur.

Here's what I think...I'm guessing that you are nothing more than a complete troll, a charlatan, a poser, and a loser. You have nothing more that I find of interest, value, or even morose entertainment. My sincere hope is that you blow out of these forums as quickly as you arrived and never return. My real suspicion is that you are one of a small number of folks that were rightfully banned, and have made your return as only a true coward would; under pretense of a "new" name, a new pseudonym. You are a pathetic little dirtbag and my only hope is that you don't soil the forum database any further with your pedantic whining and stupid advice. One would wonder what someone that is incapable of storing cigars properly is doing offering advice, but I'm sure in your own deluded little mind, there's justification for it all. Some day, should you be able to round up eight or nine remaining sequentially firing brain cells, you can try to make an intelligent reply, a cogent post....but, I'm not holding my breath.

Now....piss off.

Warmest Regards - B.B.S.

To HA: I will say this only once and I'm sorry I have to. You see, you have now said something derogatory to one of our friends and I for one will not stand for this. First off, what B.B.S. called you, you earned. From this point on, try acting like a Man and not a hairless, pre-pubescent piss ant. I have read every word you wrote in multiple threads and it's now obvious that you are a complete imbecile with what a few members have suggested as some sort of retaliatory agenda. What motivates people like you to conceive the comments you write fascinates me. Contrary to popular belief, there is a place in this World for common folks such as yourself, you make the good hearted people shine in your dim light. But with that said, there is no place for you here at CP, you are a liar and a thief of good information. If you want to steal their sage advice and peddle it as your own, please do so on another cigar forum. But be fore warned, you will be found out there as well because this is a small community.

If you stopped your self indulgence long enough to realize what level of cigar aficionado you have been addressing since you joined CP, you would not have made the comments you have, especially to B.B.S. What he has "achieved" in his many years of smoking & enjoying cigars is what simple-minded riffraff like yourself can only dream of. You sir are the quintessential moron of the highest degree. Now please go away as I will never answer another post you make or click on a topic you start...you don't deserve my attention or advice. I would advise the rest of the members to do the same.

PS: To the membership, please excuse my language and tone. I whole heartedly apologize for it's use...but this cock bag deserves it.

...well, now you had to go and make it personal.

Let me tell you something, lord of the cigars.....thousands of folks have used beads successfully, with no drama or issues (myself included) so I'm thinking it's you that's the idiot, not me nor the thousands of other successful users of beads within the circle of cigars smokers. You have no idea what cigars I have been able to "achieve" but I have done quite well, thank you very much. For you to presume less only illustrates your ignorance, and arrogance. You accuse me of attitude yet it is you that displays same. You are a boor and a pretender. You come seeking knowledge, yet offer nothing but attitude and hauteur.

Here's what I think...I'm guessing that you are nothing more than a complete troll, a charlatan, a poser, and a loser. You have nothing more that I find of interest, value, or even morose entertainment. My sincere hope is that you blow out of these forums as quickly as you arrived and never return. My real suspicion is that you are one of a small number of folks that were rightfully banned, and have made your return as only a true coward would; under pretense of a "new" name, a new pseudonym. You are a pathetic little dirtbag and my only hope is that you don't soil the forum database any further with your pedantic whining and stupid advice. One would wonder what someone that is incapable of storing cigars properly is doing offering advice, but I'm sure in your own deluded little mind, there's justification for it all. Some day, should you be able to round up eight or nine remaining sequentially firing brain cells, you can try to make an intelligent reply, a cogent post....but, I'm not holding my breath.

Now....piss off.

Warmest Regards - B.B.S.

X2 and

Good Lord BBS...........you must have spent the whole week in a Holiday Inn Express! :D

Members of CP I see have in cigars the characters like you must achieve stupidness as HA. I don't like threads being made characters of me and HA values the luck that seeks him. He implies what I think when achieving what my cigars can do and his can't accomplish with the beads which have salt.

I spend a lot of interest of my own reality money on CP and bottom line is this board entitles all controlled ass kissing of those who keep their eyes open and another entity of cigar products chat line for all to enjoy this friendly cigar chat line.

We have many intelligent chat liners here who use international common sense attempts to have real fun with cigars and smart people they are with their salty cigars. This chat line was established for people to smoke cigars no matter the cooler, salt lick or what you want to have the difference in your smoking experience of all flavors and ages even those of premium ISOM's.

We all provided our 6 sense in trying to help you HA but no listen with respect to sense being provided by the fine membership we call CP chat line.

You make CP members falling victim to strange issue salt licking fetish junk and we bend over backwards to help you but same listening to your ignorant comments to decent people with good brains who are trying to help.

Your behavior and comments prove what you are as a cigar chat line person with salt issues. Good luck to you here with another chat line which might be able to help your salt bed cigar issues. We don't characters of you character at CP as I see what you are doing to my threads with your chat line comments.

Banned!

Damn Rod, I wasn't aware you were bilingual - you should go into the tech support hotline business with that talent. ;)