• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jay's "Seven Days" Pass

The good - I made an offer on property last November. The unthinkable has happened, and all parties involved (seller had two mortgages, and this was a short sale offer) are finally on the same page. I was notified mere minutes ago that everything is in order, documents are ready, and I sign at 4. I am heading out in a moment to get a cashier's check cut for the remainder of my escrow deposit.

The bad - The address currently listed with the pass will be no good as of the last day of this month. I have been paying month-to-month, and I don't plan to give any more money to the property management company.

The ugly - After only 8 years, the battery on my bike is dead.

New address as of (likely) Monday:

Anthony Wolf
3892 Delmont AVE
Oakland, CA. 94605
(360) 440-3652

My combo guess - 169

Congrats on the new place! Just make sure you PM the person you'll be receiving the pass from to make sure they know of your new address.

Congrats on the new place! Just make sure you PM the person you'll be receiving the pass from to make sure they know of your new address.

Would it be worth while for me to update the address on the pass list?

If you still have it in hand, that would be great. In the meantime, it probably is a good idea if I message Ed just in case as he may well have my old address written down somewhere and may not be checking here every day.

It's too late to fund today, so recording and keys won't happen until Tuesday, which only gives me a handful of days to pack and move before my rent is up. I likely won't be on much, but I'll keep an eye on my email. This next week is going to be a long one, but it'll be nice to sit on my own back deck and enjoy a cigar in peace and quiet.

Package has been shipped.

I just dropped it off so the Tracking number is not in their system yet. I will follow up with Ed with regards to Wolfies address change and to let him know the Tracking number (in the event he's not tracking the thread daily).

Shipped UPS 2 day:
1Z04AE710267676723

edit* Second Guess 4-8-6

2nd guess :thumbs: :thumbs:
5 1 8

Has everyone guessed the lock combo once? Not sure how it works, but since the 2nd guess's are coming in I will post mine.

0-0-0

I mean he said Jay had a 3 digit combo lock but nobody said whether its even been used or not, right? LOL

If they are both valued at $13, then I'm not sure why it was brought up. I just got stuck on the "In just a couple years," piece of that logic. .. Besides, Jay already said he was good with it. And in all honesty, he is dealing with way bigger fish to fry than a couple bucks or a rare vs. kinda rarer stick... And if I'm in a pass I tend to lean the completely opposite direction; more on the side of generosity than being questionable. But honestly, I haven't followed cigar values in a while .. So feel free to call me out if I screw up. :thumbs:

This statement is humorous to me because it was actually discussed when Jake and I met (I mentioned his P/T's and the value of his Puts). It is a lesson that you have reinforced and has been duly noted for future passes. Furthermore, as I arm myself with more choice sticks I hope to avoid this problem. I appreciate this opportunity, I know I still have quite a bit to learn about this community, its inner workings and the formalities of a pass. But with Jake leading the way, how can I go wrong :laugh:

Seriously though, thank you to everyone for all of the great advice and especially to Jake. In the few times I have met with him, he has taught me more about CP, the industry, and cigars than I could imagine. :thumbs: The pass will be shipped Monday morning and I will post up the tracking number as soon as I get it. I have also been PMing Pugman with regards to the delay in shipping so he knows when to expect it.

ps. I am Happy to report that after three months on CP, my desktop humidor that has sufficed for well over five years if now filled to the brim. Full of great sticks that I'm hesitant to smoke until I have the time to fully enjoy what they have to offer. Thus the search is now on for a cabinet... :D

I agree with this... I had the pleasure of having an incredibly knowledgeable person take me under his wing when it came to cigars and good drink. I haven't posted all that often, but I love to read the posts around here, everything from Kingantz' reviews to Jake's comments. I look forward to taking part in passes in the future, and being generous with this collection I have acquired.

Talk about the proverbial needle in the haystack!...I love it :thumbs:

6 8 0

Jay...do we need them in the right order or is this like a 3 number 'box'? :laugh:

I just dropped it off so the Tracking number is not in their system yet. I will follow up with Ed with regards to Wolfies address change and to let him know the Tracking number (in the event he's not tracking the thread daily).

Shipped UPS 2 day:
1Z04AE710267676723

edit* Second Guess 4-8-6

I'm not getting anything from that tracking number. Any word on delivery?

Shipped UPS 2 day:
1Z04AE710267676723

I'm not getting anything from that tracking number. Any word on delivery?

v620k8.gif

a0jj86.png