• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JHawk - donations

grateful1

Oh My!
Well, since this was posted on a open crowdfunding site, I think it can be posted here.
The brief (from the page) :

"In the span of a couple weeks, my friend, Jon Heim, and his family have had their worlds flipped upside down. An extremely aggressive lymphoma has invaded his body, been mostly removed, and grown back. In less than a month. But... It is treatable. And there IS hope!"

"Posted on January 15, 2016 by Bibi Estlund
An update from April:

So much good news today!! When we arrived for Chemo this morning, our Oncologist told us the Bone Marrow results are back… AND CLEAR!!! He increased his terminology from "possibly curable" to "extremely curable."

https://www.youcaring.com/jon-heim-503463/update/420326

As we get older, more ailments and issue will occur...I hope we all will be able to support one another - if even in the smallest way to hold a thoughtful idea for someone!

Thank you for posting the info Gary! Everything has happened fast. The "significant mass" was first observed on 12/29. I was in for a biopsy later that evening. Complications occurred which ended up being good news as the surgeon took 90% of the tumor. It has eroded the bone under my eye and is pushing on the optic nerve which causes double vision when both eyes are open. My first round of chemo is tomorrow. I will post updates as I'm able.

Jon - I'm really sorry to hear this. I know you'll prevail! I'll keep you in my thoughts, and wish you a quick recovery my friend!

Thank you for posting the info Gary! Everything has happened fast. The "significant mass" was first observed on 12/29. I was in for a biopsy later that evening. Complications occurred which ended up being good news as the surgeon took 90% of the tumor. It has eroded the bone under my eye and is pushing on the optic nerve which causes double vision when both eyes are open. My first round of chemo is tomorrow. I will post updates as I'm able.

No chemo again today. I was not approved for clinical trial. The latest MRI showed POSSIBLE spreading of tumor to nervous system. They will take some spinal fluid tomorrow to test for that. If that is what has happened then the chemo will be more aggressive and will require hospitalization.

Sorry to hear this and hoping for the best outcome.

Sorry to hear about this Jon, hoping for better news for you tomorrow!

Well, since this was posted on a open crowdfunding site, I think it can be posted here.
The brief (from the page) :

"In the span of a couple weeks, my friend, Jon Heim, and his family have had their worlds flipped upside down. An extremely aggressive lymphoma has invaded his body, been mostly removed, and grown back. In less than a month. But... It is treatable. And there IS hope!"

https://www.youcaring.com/jon-heim-503463/update/420326

I have asked for, and received, Rod's blessing to post my cigars for sale on CP. I'll do that in the correct forum later today. My thoughts are to have people donate to the above site as payment for the cigars. In addition to my issues, my wife has been out of work since July so we need all the help we can get!

Hang in there Jon, you're young and have a strong spirit that will get you through this. There will probably be a few more hurdles to jump in the outset, so take them in stride and put forth that workman's attitude in getting yourself back to good health. Stay focused & positive, it helps the body heal.

And try to keep in mind over these next few days, the darkest hour is just before the dawn....

Thank you to all who have donated and/or sent good thoughts. I'm getting a little down waiting on the spinal fluid test results. It's nice to know I have lots of people in my corner!

Good news -- test came back negative so it has not spread to central nervous system.
Bad news -- can't get in for first round of chemo till next Tuesday. After first round, I'll be hospitalized so they can start a more aggressive type of chemo.

Already a change in plans. I will be admitted to the hospital on Monday morning. I will be there at least 3 days.