• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JHawk - donations

I am just overwhelmed by the comments and donations. This really is a great community!!

I've been admitted to the hospital. Now we're just waiting for the chemo to start.
Thanks again for all the support I've received!

Jon,
I just saw this thread. I'm sorry to hear this but I hope your aggressive chemo regimen kicks any remaining cancer to smithereens! My best to you and family!

Joe

My wife is posting updates on the site referenced in the original post if anyone's interested.

Actually my wife is posting an update now. I'm going back to the hospital tomorrow morning for the spinal chemo. Should take an hour, then I have to lie flat on my back for 2-4 hours, then go home.

This is long...latest update my wife just posted:

It has been a rough day.
The last time we meet with the Oncologist was the day that the cranial nerve damage was discovered and even he was still trying to understand how this changed everything. He has done more tests and met with other doctors to fully diagnose the problem and decide on a course of action. The preliminary reports on the spinal tap indicated that there was no Lymphoma, but the final test did reveal cancer cells. Which means that he has Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma.
Therefore, the Doctor is adding another layer of treatment. Jon is currently getting R-CHOP, that goes directly into a major blood vessel and Methotrexate straight into the spine. Now they are going to add High-dose Methotrexate by IV. Because there is the possibility of significant side effects, he must be hospitalized. He will then be held in the hospital until most of the medication has left his system, 2-4 days.
This new treatment will be administered alternately with the R-CHOP every three weeks until a total of 8 treatments has been completed. Jon will not be able to return to work throughout this time.

Damn Jon....hang in there prayers from my family and I to you and yours...