• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most Expenisve Gurkha Cigar Reviews

golfgar said:
................, taking a whiff in the hole and rubbing my hand down the neck and saying..................................

Hmmm, let me cogitate on that for a minute.  :laugh:
Now I'm KNOW I'm too old when that thought never occurred to me.

How is this a cigar review?  If there aren't any granola smoothie flavors, then I'm not interested...

I've had one Gurkha I don't even remember which one and I doidn't like it at all.
I don't think you could pay me to try any of their cigars again.

BigJake6904 said:
I'd take an Acid over a Gurkha. Thanks for introducing yourself. 

If they made one with out that sweetened tip....

daviddadson said:
The Gurkha line itself has been known to many as the ‘Rolls Royce’ of cigars and is enjoyed by many of the world’s elite including but not limited to; members of the Royal Family, Military leaders, leading government officials and celebrites, making some of the Gurkha cigars one of the most expensive on the planet.
Do people actually believe the things they type??  Just because someone pays stupid amounts of money for something doesn't make the product good.   I won't smoke another Gurkha, they are just to flakley for me.

Thanks to my neighbor I've smoked probably 30 various Gurkhas over the years and bought exactly 1 (which I regretted). Some of them are OK, most of them are highly overpriced, and virtually all of them suffer from construction issues. The only ones I thought were pretty good (though not a good value) were the cognac infused tubos. YMMV

Why on earth would anyone ever buy a Gurkha, if it wasn't for the bullshit marketing that takes advantage of the pretentious and ignorant? Gurkha dude, if you want to bring a credible cigar to the market, invest in your own factory and take a serious interest in quality control instead of being focused entirely on marketing while hiring out idle time at various cigar factories to roll your smokes. It's called GIVING A FUCK and it is what has made Fuente and Padron the gold standard of cigars. I'd rather smoke almost any $5 stick out the Fuente regular line than even the most expensive Gurkha. That the company is still around proves that style sometimes wins out over substance in the short run, but sooner or later, it will catch up to them.

They are really laying it on thick for this one.  Who wrote this drivel?

I'll give them credit for this much: they possess in sheer balls what they lack in shame. How that guy doesn't get laughed out of the building at IPCPR, I'll never know. What a joke.

At this point, I wouldn't accept a free box of Gurkhas, though I have in the past.

oke&coke said:

I would say less like Rolls Royce and more like Ford Pinto. Sure it may get you there, but do you really want to take the chance.

http://www.carinsurancequotes.net/5-of-the-most-dangerous-cars-ever-made/

"1 – Ford Pinto 1971-1980
The Pinto had a very dangerous design flaw, which made the car prone to explode during rear-end collisions. The Pinto didn’t have a proper rear bumper and there were also no reinforcement’s around the gas tank so it was vulnerable to puncture which caused explosion on impact. The doors were also poorly designed and were susceptible to jamming after accidents. Many lawsuits were filed because of the safety issues of the Pinto, and then Ford came under heavy fire when a company memo showed that Ford decided it would be cheaper to pay off all of the lawsuits from Pinto related deaths than to pay for a vehicle redesign."

Remarkably similar prose in the post here and the article about the new cigar.

jsm11 said:
Got to wonder if this is MikesCigars spam or Gurkha Spam...

Either way, not clicking the link and not smoking Gurkha's... Well, at least paying for them.  I had a BOTL gift me one and it smoked well enough.  Nothing worth repurchasing though...

Gurkha spam

brownpeter335 said:
May be it's an expensive cigar, to me it's an outstanding cigar too.

Last time I was in London I had the chance to buy an original release Commemorative release 2006 Behike for 1,300 British Pounds, approximately the same $2,000, I'm sure that was an outstanding cigar as well.  Does anyone think the Gurkha is equal to that?  The price is the same.

I don't think I've ever smoked a Gurkha, but my my main observation is this:  They make cigars that you can buy on Cbid for fifty bucks for an entire box any day of the week, and they make $2000 cigars.  As far as I know there's no in-between, no Hemingway midpoint between their Curly Head Deluxe and their Opus X.  So chances are good that either the Cbid dog rockets are one of the most unsung bargains in the history of cigars, or their $2000 cigars are one of the biggest burns in the history of cigars. I'm not taking the chance on either end of that spectrum.

zeemanb said:
I don't think I've ever smoked a Gurkha, but my my main observation is this:  They make cigars that you can buy on Cbid for fifty bucks for an entire box any day of the week, and they make $2000 cigars.  As far as I know there's no in-between, no Hemingway midpoint between their Curly Head Deluxe and their Opus X.  So chances are good that either the Cbid dog rockets are one of the most unsung bargains in the history of cigars, or their $2000 cigars are one of the biggest burns in the history of cigars. I'm not taking the chance on either end of that spectrum.

They don't make cigars that you can buy on Cbid for fifty bucks for an entire box (or at least, it was never what Gurkha intended). The cigars are so crappy that the retailers don't have any other choice but to sell them at those prices. If you check the MSRP of such cigars you will see that they were highly priced to begin with.

golfgar said:
I would say less like Rolls Royce and more like Ford Pinto. Sure it may get you there, but do you really want to take the chance.

"1 – Ford Pinto 1971-1980
The Pinto had a very dangerous design flaw, which made the car prone to explode during rear-end collisions. The Pinto didn’t have a proper rear bumper and there were also no reinforcement’s around the gas tank so it was vulnerable to puncture which caused explosion on impact. The doors were also poorly designed and were susceptible to jamming after accidents. Many lawsuits were filed because of the safety issues of the Pinto, and then Ford came under heavy fire when a company memo showed that Ford decided it would be cheaper to pay off all of the lawsuits from Pinto related deaths than to pay for a vehicle redesign."

Remarkably similar prose in the post here and the article about the new cigar.
Thanks for this, I laughed for a full 2 minutes.