• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a Scotch recommendation

it's here!  Porter will give it to my nephew this afternoon

Grandeur.jpg

Grandeur1.jpg

With any luck, I'll be invited to a taste. But... it's a gift - he can pour it down the toilet if he wants to. But I know he won't ever think of doing that :)

I'd question whether someone that doesn't like Islay's is a bona fide scotch drinker, rather than a person who happens to consume scotch on occasion. Perhaps a really nice bourbon would be apropos, though one can never err by following AVB's advice.

You'd be lucky if I was invited for a taste. :p

My compliments to emeritus AVB. Last cruise I asked for a recommendation and he suggested JW Blue. this year I will add Glendronach If the ship has it available. Only way I going to taste a dram, but the Blue left me speechless.

HOLE
LEE
SHIT!

We cracked the bottle tonight, on the eve of his leaving for training. We toasted, and we sipped.  WOW. And I mean WOW. I'm not a big Scotch guy, but I am now. If their 'lesser' bottles are half as good...

Profiles are similar across the range---each one is unique in its expression, but you can tell they're from the same distillery.  The 12 is very smooth, flavorful, drinkable.  The 15 (Revival) is my favorite; it's everything I like in a Speyside.  Lot of sherry, full in the mouth, loooong finish. The 18 (Allardice) is a sherry monster . . . sip slowly! And the 21 (Parliament) is smoooooooooth.  Easy to get a little farther into THAT bottle than you intended! The Cask Strengths are limited editions mostly, rich and powerful and deep.  Each one's a little different but I haven't had a bad one yet.  :love:

~Boar