• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need someone to run the Newbie Sampler Trade

Hey Paul, good to see you. Flying out of Des Moines "International" Airport has limited options. The flights to Manchester had about 37 connections each way, Logan was just one and much cheaper. I don't think we'll get out there before Christmas break so we are looking at spring. She's a junior so we have some time yet.
If you end up with some down time while here let me know. When driving north on I93 I'm exit 4 just over the boarder from MA. The new Twins Smoke Shop is Exit 5 and it is well worth a stop. Safe travels!

Paul

Heady Topper is the biggest scam ever wrought against flatlanders. Make it rare, make it expensive, make people stand in line for it and you'll suck 'em in like a chicken does june bugs. You guys are idiots for falling for it.

Doc

If you end up with some down time while here let me know. When driving north on I93 I'm exit 4 just over the boarder from MA. The new Twins Smoke Shop is Exit 5 and it is well worth a stop. Safe travels!

Paul
You got it bud.

Heady Topper is the biggest scam ever wrought against flatlanders. Make it rare, make it expensive, make people stand in line for it and you'll suck 'em in like a chicken does june bugs. You guys are idiots for falling for it.

Doc

Did they hire the Templeton Rye marketing team?

Templeton Rye
I bought a bottle a couple of years ago. Been sitting on the shelf since. Hope it doesn't suck. I did get it for under 30.

I only open one bottle at a time, these days. I drink it too slowly.

I can even get Templeton Rye here at about 50 CHF. Is it worth the buy? On a side note, we have completely derailed the original intention of this thread.

I can even get Templeton Rye here at about 50 CHF. Is it worth the buy? On a side note, we have completely derailed the original intention of this thread.

I blame Kirk.

I should've said the Templeton Rye when it first came out. It's ubiquitous now. When I fill my car's gas tank they have Templeton Rye bottles out on the fuel island with the windshield wiper fluid now.

Doc

True, but up until recently, Oklahoma breweries were terribly behind on producing quality PAs/IPAs.

I bought a bottle a couple of years ago. Been sitting on the shelf since. Hope it doesn't suck. I did get it for under 30.

I only open one bottle at a time, these days. I drink it too slowly.

It's pretty good rye for the money. You can spend a lot more and get less. I don't think there's any bad American rye. Some is just over priced for what you get. Even the cheapest is good for Manhattans and such.
I became a rye guy because I'm sick of supporting Scotland's Utopia. Don't get me wrong, I love scotch; I just don't drink it as much as I use to.

Doc

I blame Kirk.

I should've said the Templeton Rye when it first came out. It's ubiquitous now. When I fill my car's gas tank they have Templeton Rye bottles out on the fuel island with the windshield wiper fluid now.
They must be working with the Van Winkle folks. If I'm not mistaken, there are occasionally working with some of our cigar manufacturers also. Get em while supplies last is an old, time proven marketing strategy that works. Ya know how the saying goes...A fool and his money...

You got it bud.
Exit 1 on 89N. It might be Exit 2. I don't remember, but it ain't Bow Jct. Take a Left. 2mi down the road. Maybe 3mi. Straight line, no hills. Even a flatlander can do it.

Doc

Last edited:
I don't know. I don't do well out East where it looks like Otis from Andy Griffith laid out the roads. I like true east/west or north/south streets like here in normal America.

I don't know. I don't do well out East where it looks like Otis from Andy Griffith laid out the roads. I like true east/west or north/south streets like here in normal America.

The story in San Antonio is that they got an Irishman drunk, sat him on a Mexican burro, and laid out the city streets wherever he meandered. :confused:

~Boar

That's pretty good Boar, and sounds about right for the east coast as well. St. Louis is like that too, I just don't get it. I understand our founding fathers and early pioneers wouldn't be able to come up with a traffic circle, but surely they had heard of right angles and straight lines.

That's pretty good Boar, and sounds about right for the east coast as well. St. Louis is like that too, I just don't get it. I understand our founding fathers and early pioneers wouldn't be able to come up with a traffic circle, but surely they had heard of right angles and straight lines.
Just goes to show you; you don't get out much. Philadelphia is laid out North to South, numbered streets and East to west, streets named after trees. Except Market and Broad Streets, which are the center of the cross.

Doc