• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

Here is round 1 of my P/Ts...

Take - (14) Habanos Puros Seleccion Torpedo ($6-7ish - Based on Jake's estimation and what I could find for prices on other sizes)
Put - (70) Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo ($6.75 - Serious, Holts, SmokeInn, Uptown)

Take - (22) Perdomo Lot 23 Punta Gorda ($4.11 - Serious, Holts, SmokeInn, Uptown)
Put - (71) La Gloria Cubana Serie N ($4.26 - Serious, SmokeInn, Corona, Texcigars)

Take - (55) Oliva Cain F 550 Dark Natural ($5.86 - Serious, Holts, SmokeInn, Uptown)
Put - (72) RP Edge Sumatra Toro ($6.08 - Serious, SmokeInn, Uptown)

Take - (62) Padrom '64 PAM ($8.67 - Serious, Holts, SmokeInn, Uptown)
Put - (73) Monte Brown Label Churchill ($9.45 - Serious, Holts, SmokeInn, Uptown)

Let me know what you guys think about these...

All look good to me. Sorry I kind of forget you posted this with all of the action over the last 48 hours. lol.

No worries Jake. The pass showed up yesterday, I will make my P/Ts and get it back out Monday, Brett are you ready to catch this bad boy?

ETA - I would like to try one more P/T.

Take - (65) AF WOAM ($8.35 - Vitola's)
Put - (74) LFD Premium Cabinet Grand Maduro #6 ($8.44 - Serious, Famous, Corona)

Let me know if this works with you guys...

[sub]Wow, this thing is moving right along. We're almost finished. This pass has been about a smooth as a baby's butt. If you're going to be in a Newb pass, this was the one to be in. All great guys who really cared about the image of our pass. Great job brothers![/sub]

[sub]Wow, this thing is moving right along. We're almost finished. This pass has been about a smooth as a baby's butt. If you're going to be in a Newb pass, this was the one to be in. All great guys who really cared about the image of our pass. Great job brothers![/sub]

Thats for sure!

P/T Looks good to me.

There is one thing that I noticed when doing an inventory of all smokes.

Stick #50...

Listed as a Fuente Gran Reserva Corona Imperial Maduro, but I am thinking it's actually an 8-5-8 maduro. The stick is measuring in at 6" (length of the 8-5-8), and it's also in the 8-5-8 celo. Not that there's much we can do about it now.

Should I update the pass sheet with stick 50 being an 8-5-8, and not a Imperial Maduro?

ETA - Difference in prince is about $0.15 with the higher priced stick being the Imperial Maduro over the 8-5-8

There is one thing that I noticed when doing an inventory of all smokes.

Stick #50...

Listed as a Fuente Gran Reserva Corona Imperial Maduro, but I am thinking it's actually an 8-5-8 maduro. The stick is measuring in at 6" (length of the 8-5-8), and it's also in the 8-5-8 celo. Not that there's much we can do about it now.

Should I update the pass sheet with stick 50 being an 8-5-8, and not a Imperial Maduro?

ETA - Difference in prince is about $0.15 with the higher priced stick being the Imperial Maduro over the 8-5-8

You know what......you may be right, I have both in my humi. If the wrap says 858, then I indeed "put" the wrong cigar in. Will send Imperial corona if needed . LMK Jake.

Steve

Just sent a PM to Puros to make sure he is ready to catch this thing. Should be going out in the AM.

Looks like we are in the home stretch of this great pass. Joe that means your in deck...

Paul

There's a pass?

I'll bet Puros has had his hands full with the new baby, hopefully he can use the pass as a pleasant non- infant distraction.

I can't wait for this thing to hit my doorstep and finally see it in person. I'll try to get my proposed P/T's posted later today.

Ok, so here goes:

Take - (54) Opus X Petit Lancero ($11.00 - Vitolas)
Put - (74) Anejo #49 (2009) ($10.50 - Vitolas)

So this is an under put by $.50 based on value. The Anejo is from 2009 so I was thinking this may make up the difference. If not I'll go back to the think tank

Take - (63) LFD Air Bender Chisel ($7.90 - Average)
Put - (75) My Father Le Bijou "Puff N Stuff" Corona Gorda ($6.52-$8.26
depending on you bought them). This one was actually bought when first offered for $190/box)

Take - (67) Tatuaje "The Face" MSRP $13.00
Put - (76) 2009 Tatuaje La Verite Churchill (Range from $15-$25 with the more common price being in the $15-$18 range)
The "Face" is slightly more rare cigar with 21658 cigars produced vs. 30,000 of the La Verite, so the rarity is fairly close. However, the La Verite's can still be bought at retail which is the reason for the overput.

Take - (69) Camacho Liberty 2011 ($15 - Corona, Serious, Atlantic)
Put - (77) My Father limited 2011 ($18 - Holts, Famous, Corona, Atlantic)

Again an over put. If this is a problem, I'll pull it.

So this turned out to be much more difficult than I anticipated so please hit me with anything that looks off.

Ok, so here goes:

So this is an under put by $.50 based on value. The Anejo is from 2009 so I was thinking this may make up the difference. If not I'll go back to the think tank

Take - (63) LFD Air Bender Chisel ($7.90 - Average)
Put - (75) My Father Le Bijou "Puff N Stuff" Corona Gorda ($6.52-$8.26
depending on you bought them). This one was actually bought when first offered for $190/box)

So this turned out to be much more difficult than I anticipated so please hit me with anything that looks off.

These two are controversial, IMHO. Can age make up for an under-put on value? I know age can make up for an under-put on rarity, but... Also, the puff stuff vitola; techincally this is a limited edition because its only available from one two retailers, but again, can rarity make up for an under put on value? I say no.

I would say 63 for 75 should be ok. Airbender chisel I found to be $6.97 (seriouscigars), $7.85 (jackschwartz), $7.84 (Holts)

Since this is the OR, the initial price is known to be $8.26 and total production was 300 boxes (6900) so there is a rarity factor involved. The MF firesale price skews the numbers a bit and that is a huge price deviation >20%.

I don't know how the second release compares for quality or total production, but based on OR price and availability compared to the LFD airbender you should be in the ballpark.

I think it's all subjective. I don't know anything about the second "questionable" P/T so I'll direct my comments at the Anejo for Opus P/T.

In this case I think age could make up for an under put on price but I'm not really sure that 2-3 years really constitutes age. However, it's not really that much of an under put either. I think this P/T could go either way, but I think I'd tend to say it's good unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, the 2nd p/t seems ok, but I'm not terribly familiar with the PuffNStuff line, so...

The Anejo for the Opus seems OK to me on the basis of the rarity of the Anejo(twice yearly versus quarterly on the Opus) making up a little of the difference. I agree that the age is nice but I'm not sure it factors in since its only 3 years. Its close, but I'd say its fine.

Edit for minor rewrite

Yeah, the 2nd p/t seems ok, but I'm not terribly familiar with the PuffNStuff line, so...

The Anejo for the Opus seems OK to me on the basis of the rarity of the Anejo(twice yearly versus quarterly on the Opus) making up a little of the difference. I agree that the age is nice but I'm not sure it factors in since its only 3 years. Its close, but I'd say its fine.

Edit for minor rewrite

Not every size is released quarterly. I would be surprised if this on goes.

I would say 63 for 75 should be ok. Airbender chisel I found to be $6.97 (seriouscigars), $7.85 (jackschwartz), $7.84 (Holts)

Since this is the OR, the initial price is known to be $8.26 and total production was 300 boxes (6900) so there is a rarity factor involved. The MF firesale price skews the numbers a bit and that is a huge price deviation >20%.

I don't know how the second release compares for quality or total production, but based on OR price and availability compared to the LFD airbender you should be in the ballpark.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Awesome job!

The Tatuaje trade is good for reasons that the OP stated.

First let me start...awesome job for your first time. 3 out of 4 is great! And you got close on this one...but I don't think it's going to work. As Mr. Anderson stated, at 2 years, value isn't really added to any cigar. As Nash said, not every line is released in the Opus every quarter and to pair with that....the Anejo is released to shops that don't have Opus accounts. Their market saturation, IMO, is actually very similar given the bi-annual vs. quarterly release schedule. As I said, we got really close here, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and the put was slightly below the line.

I wondered why one of the local chains received Anejos along with everyone else but never stocked Opus...