• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

4 months seems like an awfully long wait to get in on a pass, considering the site is called "cigar pass".

Seriously? Maybe you should make an introduction to the forum and READ more before you start posting statements like this..

Seriously. Took three days to get my account "approved" so I could even post. Most cigar sites seem to want to include newbies by offering a "newbie trade".

Seriously. Took three days to get my account "approved" so I could even post. Most cigar sites seem to want to include newbies by offering a "newbie trade".

There is a "Newbie Trade" it's located in the Buy/Sale/Trade sub forum.

Here is the link: http://www.cigarpass...showtopic=29521

ETA - For future reference, a pass is very different than a "newbie trade". The "newbie trade" is when you send money to an established member and they send you a sampler of cigars. A pass is where the host sends out a selection of his personal stash of cigars and then other members trade their sticks with his. There is a certain amount of trust that goes with a pass, that is why there are more strict rules about them (the 4 month rule).

Also, you still might want to go into the Introduction Section and post an intro about yourself. It helps the members get to know a bit about you, plus it shows that you aren't here to just spam the site.

Intro Section here: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showforum=34

I saw you in pending, DailyT and figured that maybe you were a retailer asking to add an account. I think those might have a different evaluation process.

As for passes... Some folks hop on here, regular smokers, with years of experience and full humidors of premium cigars. Others are brand new with a ziploc, 3 dog rockets and a rag dipped in distilled water as a humidifier. Doesn't matter. Being active for 4 months gives everyone a chance to get know you. This is a self- moderated community. Part of that means if you want to get in on a pass you have to develop trust with the established members. The structure is all there, you just have to have patience and want to be a part of it. Don't cost nothin to interact and get to know people :)

PS- I didn't even have a rag dipped in distilled water for my ziploc when I signed up. It took me four months to get the stuff together to even participate in a pass like this, and this is one is cheap compared to some of the others.

DC #9405 5036 5036 9930 0389 7158 60

Since I added one P/T at the end and abandoned one earlier, here is the list of my final P/T's.

Take - (63) LFD Air Bender Chisel
Put - (75) My Father Le Bijou "Puff N Stuff" Corona Gorda

Take - (67) Tatuaje "The Face"
Put - (76) 2009 Tatuaje La Verite Churchill

Take - (69) Camacho Liberty 2011
Put - (77) My Father limited 2011

Take-11) Felipe Gregorio robusto
Put- 78) Padilla Miami robusto

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this Jake. It has been a great learning experience and an eye opener into how much time actually needs to be devoted to stay current and in-tune with the pass. And gents, it was fun to watch all of the discussion and how well everyone interacted with each other. Definately a great bunch of guys. My hats off to you all.

Alright, last man standing...

Lets begin with:
Take - (1) 5 Vegas Gold Robusto 2.85(CI 2.75/Stogieboys 2.90/Cigar.com 2.90
Put - Cuban Bullet Robusto 2.95(Famous 2.75/Cigar.com 3.15/bestcigarprices.com 2.95)

Take- (23) Stradivarius de los Maestros Robusto Major (No coffin)

OK, so based on what I could find.
Produced in 07, so right on the verge of adding value at the 5 year mark as a discontinued/one time offering.
No references to how the lack of coffin affects price, it appears that everything was priced with a coffin.
Available at the following fine retailers: Serious 28.80\Pipes and Cigars 25.95\Thompson 32\Discountcigardepot.com 24.20\Bonita smoke shop 28.80\Phoenixcigar.com 28.65\thecigarstore.com 24.26 Avg: 27.52

I don't have anything even close to trade 1:1. But, based on various thread comments I know that some Strad's were discounted by various B&Ms which sold them for $10-15ea. JR Cigars website is still advertising 5rs of the Churchill at $12ea. I have not found production numbers, but the robustos still appear to be fairly available.

With that in mind, I offer the following:
Put- Opus Double Corona (vitola $16)

<waiting for shitstorm>

I likely have some other P/Ts, but all my notes(at work) are based on the original list of cigars. I'll look over the rest of the list and offer some other puts after I have time to look things over this weekend, plus attempt a rework on the Strad if I can narrow the price range.

Nothing like joining up and shitting all over the place.

1. We have no mods, so Rod probably has to dig through emails to figure out who truly wants in and which ones are bots.
2. There is a newbie trade, look for the thread.

I'd suggest you quit with the piss poor attitude and respect someone elses cigar site.

Alright, last man standing...

Lets begin with:
Take - (1) 5 Vegas Gold Robusto 2.85(CI 2.75/Stogieboys 2.90/Cigar.com 2.90
Put - Cuban Bullet Robusto 2.95(Famous 2.75/Cigar.com 3.15/bestcigarprices.com 2.95)

OK, so based on what I could find.
Produced in 07, so right on the verge of adding value at the 5 year mark as a discontinued/one time offering.
No references to how the lack of coffin affects price, it appears that everything was priced with a coffin.
Available at the following fine retailers: Serious 28.80\Pipes and Cigars 25.95\Thompson 32\Discountcigardepot.com 24.20\Bonita smoke shop 28.80\Phoenixcigar.com 28.65\thecigarstore.com 24.26 Avg: 27.52

I don't have anything even close to trade 1:1. But, based on various thread comments I know that some Strad's were discounted by various B&Ms which sold them for $10-15ea. JR Cigars website is still advertising 5rs of the Churchill at $12ea. I have not found production numbers, but the robustos still appear to be fairly available.

With that in mind, I offer the following:
Put- Opus Double Corona (vitola $16)

<waiting for shitstorm>

I likely have some other P/Ts, but all my notes(at work) are based on the original list of cigars. I'll look over the rest of the list and offer some other puts after I have time to look things over this weekend, plus attempt a rework on the Strad if I can narrow the price range.

Based on what I posted for the Strad a few pages back...that P/T you proposed is pretty spot on IMO. First one looks good too.

I remember your hint, but I had to research and make sure.

seinfeld.gif

I didn't think anyone would tackle it. Well done, sir! Enjoy both your takes!

Nice job on the takes Joe! Enjoy the sticks. That Stradivarius looks like a good one.

Hey guys, sorry I've been so absent from this pass the past month or so. I've been super busy getting settled back into school and my new apartment. Glad to see the pass finishing up strong! What a great first pass experience. I look forward to participating in many more to come!

_craig_

Hey guys, sorry I've been so absent from this pass the past month or so. I've been super busy getting settled back into school and my new apartment. Glad to see the pass finishing up strong! What a great first pass experience. I look forward to participating in many more to come!

_craig_
I hear that... I have also been a little less involved as of late because my wife is pregnant, and the countdown has reached the midway point. So all of those things have to get done now. But it has been really fun and informative. Thanks again Jake

The weekend turned out busier than expected so I don't have the additional P/Ts worked out. One in particular is giving me the finger and I'll probably abandon it. I just don't have anything in the rarity/price range. Hopefully I can post a final list tonight.

Now don't be dragging your feet too long........Big Jake is mighty close to you and wants his cigars back. :love:

I'm planning on seeing him Saturday, so I've got no excuses... Unless USPS screws me...