• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nightdiver

Very nice
Thank you. I don't own that anymore. In a permanent collection in FL, after winning a show. Photo is meh. (some photos make paintings look better, some worse) My niece took the pic and sent it to me. I'm glad she did as, like I mentioned, it is my first.

This is the very first painting I ever did. I have another one or two somewhere in this house. Never took photos. Sold a lot. Hell, 90% of the time I didn't even sign my work. hahaha. Not that I'm scatterbrained or anything. (very :rolleyes:) Some folks say I just don't care. I think there is a certain degree of truth i that.

That's an awesome self portrait, Dan.

Thank you. I don't own that anymore. In a permanent collection in FL, after winning a show. Photo is meh. (some photos make paintings look better, some worse) My niece took the pic and sent it to me. I'm glad she did as, like I mentioned, it is my first.
I totally understand what you mean. I don't have enough time to practice and do more artwork. One day I hope to be able to have more time for this hobby.

As I've gotten older, my kids passions have become mine :) I'm a baseball coach in the Spring/Summer/Fall, I'm a basketball coach in the winter and a dance dad throughout the whole year. Between baseball/basketball tournaments and dance competitions, we're either in town busy all weekend or out of town doing something. It's crazy how busy we can be, but I don't think I'd change it. Here is Olivia at her last dance competition, she's the in the middle, holding the sign:

As I've gotten older, my kids passions have become mine :) I'm a baseball coach in the Spring/Summer/Fall, I'm a basketball coach in the winter and a dance dad throughout the whole year. Between baseball/basketball tournaments and dance competitions, we're either in town busy all weekend or out of town doing something. It's crazy how busy we can be, but I don't think I'd change it. Here is Olivia at her last dance competition, she's the in the middle, holding the sign:

You saying that you dance isn't helping your tiara case :p

Just teasing, it's totally awesome that you are so involved with your kids :)

I should probably stop laughing at bfreebern as well. With two young girls I am not that far behind him in doing girly stuff. I've already sat for hours on end while my oldest played barber. Now she has a doctors kit from Christmas that entertains the hell out of her. My dad, Sir Hardass, has already turned into Mister Softee.

As for my other hobbies besides riding, I enjoy drinking and making whiskey. Nothing goes better with cigars than a fine spirit. Except maybe good friends.

After playing the drums for a few years, I found out that I play the mixing console, far, far better.....:D I built and ran several major recording studios a couple decades ago. Decided I wanted to be paid regularly, so I finished up my engineering degree and now design computer networking hardware for one of the "really big" hardware companies out there.

But, I still love and miss the recording studio. After being prodded by a couple friends still in the industry, my hope it to return to the art of making music by getting back into some circuit design for a couple specific projects I have in mind. There are a few of us around that still understand the challenges of analog circuit design.....:cool: High performance circuit design is actually a very artistic outlet, but the media is a bit on the odd side.....:p

I should probably stop laughing at bfreebern as well. With two young girls I am not that far behind him in doing girly stuff. I've already sat for hours on end while my oldest played barber. Now she has a doctors kit from Christmas that entertains the hell out of her. My dad, Sir Hardass, has already turned into Mister Softee.

As for my other hobbies besides riding, I enjoy drinking and making whiskey. Nothing goes better with cigars than a fine spirit. Except maybe good friends.
There is nothing unmanly about a man doing girly stuff with his daughter(s)

Brandon, my respect level for you just jumped up 10 notches... There is nothing more honorable in my opinion...

When I was in grad school, I got severely distracted with paintball and joined UC Irvine's paintball team in 2005. This is a picture from the 2007 Collegiate National Championships in Houston, Texas.

1933770_518921719611_9674_n.jpg

After playing the drums for a few years, I found out that I play the mixing console, far, far better.....:D I built and ran several major recording studios a couple decades ago. Decided I wanted to be paid regularly, so I finished up my engineering degree and now design computer networking hardware for one of the "really big" hardware companies out there.

But, I still love and miss the recording studio. After being prodded by a couple friends still in the industry, my hope it to return to the art of making music by getting back into some circuit design for a couple specific projects I have in mind. There are a few of us around that still understand the challenges of analog circuit design.....:cool: High performance circuit design is actually a very artistic outlet, but the media is a bit on the odd side.....:p

I knew we had a lot in common, but didn't realize how much...

I still have my studio (12,000 sf of it) in Chino, and visit there as much as my schedule permits... (plus I keep all of my humidor cabinets in the server room there) I have some great analogue microphones (AKG C12, Tele and Neumann U47, Tele Elam 251, etc) as well as some nice pre's (4 different Neve's, APC's, SSL's, etc) When you come down this summer, we can spend some time there...
Here is a pic of tracking room A, with a green screen setup...
Tracking rm A.png

And this is the control room looking into tracking room D, also doing a green screen setup...
Control rm.png

Just a few guitars
Some guitars.jpg

Oops forgot to answer your question! I love to draw and do other art and have a passion for traveling but don't get to do it a lot. I've been through the Panama Canal before, it was really awesome.

Here's a drawing of my wiener :p
View attachment 11730

You are very talented, you should keep pursuing this passion of yours...

This is the very first painting I ever did. I have another one or two somewhere in this house. Never took photos. Sold a lot. Hell, 90% of the time I didn't even sign my work. hahaha. Not that I'm scatterbrained or anything. (very :rolleyes:) Some folks say I just don't care. I think there is a certain degree of truth in that.
Danno, very nice brother... Very realistic...

There is nothing unmanly about a man doing girly stuff with his daughter(s)

Correct, went to a One Direction concert with my youngest daughter. I am now not afraid of any form of torture, especially that loud, painful, high pitch scream produced by 40,000 young girls in closed arena. the earplugs provided by the mother seated in the row behind helped immensely

When I was in grad school, I got severely distracted with paintball and joined UC Irvine's paintball team in 2005. This is a picture from the 2007 Collegiate National Championships in Houston, Texas.

View attachment 11735

Not sure I knew Colleges had that, thanks for the enlightenment.

I knew we had a lot in common, but didn't realize how much...

I still have my studio (12,000 sf of it) in Chino, and visit there as much as my schedule permits... (plus I keep all of my humidor cabinets in the server room there) I have some great analogue microphones (AKG C12, Tele and Neumann U47, Tele Elam 251, etc) as well as some nice pre's (4 different Neve's, APC's, SSL's, etc) When you come down this summer, we can spend some time there...
Here is a pic of tracking room A, with a green screen setup...

And this is the control room looking into tracking room D, also doing a green screen setup...

Just a few guitars

Wow, very nice, Bill - !! Nice control surface, and the equipment list is impressive...!! Beautiful guitars, I've always loved the Les Paul. Seems easy to get great sounds out of a LP....they've been really consistent for me.

Oh brother, will we talk shop over a cigar.....love to chat about studios, techniques, etc.....serious recording nerd fest......:D