• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

FACE-PALM!

I do believe that everyone understands I posted the info to help shed some light on the yellow cello. I know I don't do a lot of posting in rooms other than the Retailer Forum, but I figured I could actually contribute something to this discussion. That being said, I do visit this site a lot. There are many knowledgeable members here and quite a few I call my friend...alright, I mainly stop by for the CigarGirl posts. I do appreciate folks looking out for me, and Jack Schwartz, in regards to the mess. If posting the information somehow brings up my name, or Jack Schwartz, in any future mess I am totally prepared to deal with the consequences.

Thank you,
Eric

FACE-PALM!

I do believe that everyone understands I posted the info to help shed some light on the yellow cello. I know I don't do a lot of posting in rooms other than the Retailer Forum, but I figured I could actually contribute something to this discussion. That being said, I do visit this site a lot. There are many knowledgeable members here and quite a few I call my friend...alright, I mainly stop by for the CigarGirl posts. I do appreciate folks looking out for me, and Jack Schwartz, in regards to the mess. If posting the information somehow brings up my name, or Jack Schwartz, in any future mess I am totally prepared to deal with the consequences.

Thank you,
Eric
No worries Eric.
We really appreciate the information you provided regarding smokinj and his search for "yellow cello".

Rod you have a lot to look over on this one and I don't envy you!
Ain't that the truth!

It still amazes me how many people still think it matters how long you've been here, who you've smoked with or how many look at what I have posts you have. What matters here and the only thing that matters here is WHO you are. Those that claim this is the internet, and impersonal, need to pay better attention. Some of the grumpiest mofos on this site are also some of the wisest people you will ever meet, and I for one do my best to listen to them in hopes of gaining what little I can.

Man, I should have put money on this race.

No kidding. Some of these plot twists were surprising.

It's like deja vu all over again. With each page of posts it gets more bizarre.

There is much wisdom within this thread. It's too bad it got cluttered up by irrelevant ramblings here and there. (And no Gary, I'm not talking about you! :p )

Edit: TC I meant why was he posting here, it seemed as if he must know some of the involved parties to warrant the comments he was making (i.e., Eric, not the scumbag). Obv. I expect folks from other boards to be watching this discussion since the guy was primarily active at Asylum.
Actually, he is more active at CigarOutcasts as well as being a member of the old CigarLive/Puff and CigarHops.

Outcasts:

Total Posts: 948
Posts Per Day: 3.51
Find all posts by smokinj
Find all threads started by smokinj
Albums
Total Albums: 2
Total Pictures: 51
Albums Created by smokinj
Visitor Messages
Total Messages: 122
Most Recent Message: 06-08-2009 09:45 AM
Visitor Messages for smokinj
Post a visitor message for smokinj
User Notes
Post a User Note
General Information
Last Activity: 07-06-2009 02:14 PM
Referrals: 14

Given how many times he has been ousted from CF and other forums, it makes sense that he'd latch onto new cigar forums that sprout up, and ply his trade there. Looks like he got a bit greedy (and stupid), and tried to rejoin CF and other sites.

I have dealt with this guy on a number of occasions before, under a number of aliases. I'm not surprised to see him resurface, just as I'm sure that other scammers are lurking on various cigar boards under new names.

The key is to stay vigilant, and take some of the advice I posted here to heart.

The mindset evident here is the same reason why fake Cuban cigars continue to be sold over and over again to unwitting people.

Good Lord.
You know, it sucks guys got taken for some dough. Seriously. But, in all honesty, this is EXACTLY what the 'old guard' has been saying. Anthony, Tom, Phil, Andrew and the rest... good job. You're a testament to patience. Me... I've been done trying to put up with some of the attitudes here for some time. Maybe a hard lesson like this is EXACTLY what this board, and some of it's members, needed. Maybe now some of the entitlement will lessen, and attitudes soften towards those trying to teach, help and 'learn' the others.

Rod, I sincerely hope you do some hard looking and acting around here. I don't envy you the job, that's for sure.

Edit: TC I meant why was he posting here, it seemed as if he must know some of the involved parties to warrant the comments he was making (i.e., Eric, not the scumbag). Obv. I expect folks from other boards to be watching this discussion since the guy was primarily active at Asylum.
Actually, he is more active at CigarOutcasts as well as being a member of the old CigarLive/Puff and CigarHops.

Outcasts:

Albums
Visitor Messages
User Notes
Post a User Note
General Information

Sorry TC, I was just going off what I saw in this thread. I don't frequent any of those sites.

Outcasts:

Albums
Visitor Messages
User Notes
Post a User Note
General Information

Sorry TC, I was just going off what I saw in this thread. I don't frequent any of those sites.
No worries. Steve is just as concerned as everyone else about this guy. I think you will see a bunch of the folks currently viewing this thread are from sites that he frequents, and have done deals with him.

There are many knowledgeable members here and quite a few I call my friend...alright, I mainly stop by for the CigarGirl posts.
Thank you,
Eric

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's my favorite post of the thread and certainly a signature line candidate.

Eric, I'm sure AVB is grinning ear to ear right now - if he wasn't already from "researching" his next Cigar Girl :0

- Tim

I'll be interested in the pictures you post.

Here they are. Sorry for the length and multiple posts, put I figured full pics were best and I can't get them in one post.

IMG_1730-1.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

Looks like that cello originally contained a shorter cigar...

Let's get to the bottom of this. There is a "hidden" forum on Ed's site. Is that a problem? Absolutely not. Is it a problem that he is recruiting CP members in order to skirt around our rules? ABSOLUTELY! For you naysayers who think the private forum is made up, have a look: http://www.cigarophile.com/forum/ Funny that all of the members who log into his forum are also CP members (or "founding members").

Interesting...the link for that forum isn't working anymore. Why take the link down Ed?

I'll be interested in the pictures you post.

Here they are. Sorry for the length and multiple posts, put I figured full pics were best and I can't get them in one post.

Might be a Project X from Planet 9 -- the band is right, anyway. It could also just be a Don Carlos Robusto in tinted cello.

Given the source... I mean... I dunno. I'd just be highly skeptical. I wouldn't be shocked if this guy cruised vitolas.net looking for good rare cigars he could try to float out there, and this would be a great one to do. Provenance is everything on that cigar. Project X from Planet 9

The only people that would really have it would be folks that Carlito handed it to. Not saying it's impossible he has it but... consider the source, and realize that it's a perfect cigar dupe people into buying for a ridiculously high price.

Here are the rest:

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

erm... never mind. After seeing these two photos, it's clear to me that he's just taken a used band and stuck it on a current production Opus or such.

I think it is very, very likely that he's cruising Vitolas.net to find cigars he can rep as being rare unreleased cigars to sell for a huge profit. Very, very few people know what a Project X from Planet 9 cigar is... even CFers.

Wow. Just.....wow.

Cheap fawker didn't even use an unburned Don Carlos band....!!

Unbelievable......

That band was put on that cigar by someone else...clearly not the factory. Not to mention the burn mark.

I wonder if the guy used other methods to turn those cello wrappers if he could not get his hands on time aged ones.

Something like cello soaked in a heavy solution of brown Rit dye overnight and then dried might explain the residue left behind.

Or, one might be able to put cello in the oven at a low temp (low enough not to melt it) for an extended period of time in order to brown them.

I received this via PM on CF today; I figured I might as well post my response here.

usmcsmokinj said:
What are you talking about? Bad plague?
Those are indeed OR Anejo and why are you comparing me w/ such on the scum list?

The address you used to conduct your sale is the exact same address used by the scumbag:

John M Kruthoffer
2117 Broadhead Pl
Lexington, KY 40515-1108

David Scott aka-Smokinj
2117 Broadhead Place
Lexington, KY. 40515

Nice try sir. You've been busted.

/andrew

Perhaps not surprisingly, after his initial indignant PM to me, he never responded to my PM above.

The gig's up, so he's not going to bother. It's rather telling he hasn't made a public post anywhere since this went down.

Or, one might be able to put cello in the oven at a low temp (low enough not to melt it) for an extended period of time in order to brown them.

Might have done that, or like Phil said, exposed to sunlight. Whatever he did, they are very brittle, so it affected the make-up.

I wonder if the guy used other methods to turn those cello wrappers if he could not get his hands on time aged ones.

Something like cello soaked in a heavy solution of brown Rit dye overnight and then dried might explain the residue left behind.

Who knows, but the stickiness on the outside of the cellophane should be considered...it seems like the cello was dipped in or coated with something...leaving me to safely conclude the cigars aren't smokeable anymore.

I'll post what pictures I can when I get home this evening of what I have; including the cello comparison amongst different sizes, and the sap-like substance on the outside of the cello.