• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 Anniversary - Anything Better?

KevinWHoecker said:
Also, I am thinking about putting our 1964 singles and 1926 samplers on the site at really good prices in honor of Coventry. That should be a good ending to this string.
[snapback]208696[/snapback]​

HERE'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO BEAT:

tobaccoleaf1 said:
Padron 1926 #9 Maduro or Natural 2 Pack

Pick 2 Natural or 2 Maduro or one of each for only $31.99 Shipped Free

1926 Padrons<---Click Here!

Limit 2 per customer please :thumbs:

Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com
[snapback]204999[/snapback]​

KevinWHoecker said:
Also, it sparked one of the most controvertial posts on the site.

Don't flatter yourself.

Like AVB said, once you are able to beat Ians prices, then we'll talk.

KevinWHoecker said:
. Also, it sparked one of the most controvertial posts on the site. Coventry and I should be paid for our work!

apparently he hasen't heard of vitasea... :whistling:

This could have been so easy to settle but there isn't a mention of the 1926 series (besides the 40th Anniversay ones) on the Padron website. I find that a bit odd.

What you don't get, and I suspect you never will, is that everyone is your customer to lose. They way the conduct yourself is a reflection of your business practices. You can't just extend courtesy to the people that have bought from you in the past. There was no professionalism nor good salesmanship in the comments you made to CC. You could have just left it alone and next time maybe you will.

AVB said:
This could have been so easy to settle but there isn't a mention of the 1926 series (besides the 40th Anniversay ones) on the Padron website. I find that a bit odd.
[snapback]208706[/snapback]​

Here is their price list - direct from Padron:

padronprice.jpg

seamus said:
We are taking the concept of selling cigars online to the next level. Our goal is this: offer one of the largest online selection of cigars and cigar related items, at the most competitive prices.
[snapback]208655[/snapback]​

$69.00 for two Fuente Forbidden X. 'Nuff said.

"What does everyone think about the Forbidden X? I have quite a few and dip my hands into them every once and a while"

I guess he likes them too much to sell them at a decent price.

Ha! You guys are smart, you catch on to everything.

The Forbidden X will be much cheaper on our site after the next Cigar of the Month shipment goes out (the 15th). I didn't want to sell too many of them and then not be able to meet our promise to our CoM members.

I really enjoy them when I dip my hands into them. My business partner had a not so stellar experience with one of the 10 or so he smoked. The burn was uneven throughout the smoke and he had to relight 4 times. The other 9 or so were perfect.

Thanks for the heads up on billboard. In the 1926 Padron's, we only have 3 samplers left. I am not privy to breaking them apart considering they too beautiful to look at when they are together. It would be like seperating brothers and sisters at birth. Can't do it.

What do we have to go against on the 1964's?

seamus said:
What you don't get, and I suspect you never will, is that everyone is your customer to lose. They way the conduct yourself is a reflection of your business practices. You can't just extend courtesy to the people that have bought from you in the past. There was no professionalism nor good salesmanship in the comments you made to CC. You could have just left it alone and next time maybe you will.
[snapback]208713[/snapback]​

I extend courtesy to everyone, especially new customers. I would even extend courtesy to CoventryCat. My posting on CigarPass is in no way a reflection of my business practices. Especially when CC and I were upset with eachother.

KevinWHoecker said:
[snapback]208743[/snapback]​

See my post above. Those are current Padron direct prices that anyone can get them for. Best I've seen online is $255.00 for PAM Exclusivos.

I just Google searched Padron 1964 and can't find anyone that is selling them for less than retail. There are some people selling them for much greater than retail. I understand the theory of supply and demand, but I always hated paying more than retail for anything. I would imagine that if we sold them individually for less than retail, we would be the lowest. Can anyone find a cigar site out there that is actually selling them for retail or lower?

I don't like where this thread is headed...

Are we auctioning for the best deals? Are we playing cut throat with the retailers who have shown us great customer service and good deals in the past?

Hoecker, if you are interested in doing business with us , post your deals. Stop doing market research to see when we will bite.

KevinWHoecker said:
seamus said:
[snapback]208713[/snapback]​

I extend courtesy to everyone, especially new customers. I would even extend courtesy to CoventryCat. My posting on CigarPass is in no way a reflection of my business practices. Especially when CC and I were upset with eachother.
[snapback]208744[/snapback]​

What? You are a cigar vendor posting on a cigar forum. You don't think what you say here has anything to do with your business. You know as much about business as you do about cigars. Stugots!!

I agree. I suppose we should move the conversation another section. I love the organic nature of the thread though, from an innocent post on the 1926, to chaos, to economics.

Why don't you just offer competitive prices on your site as you claim in your mission statement?

If anyone wants 64's check with MD. I'm sure he would be very happy to take care of you.

MilesMingusMonk said:

Are we auctioning for the best deals? Are we playing cut throat with the retailers who have shown us great customer service and good deals in the pass?

Hoecker, if you are interested in doing business with us , post your deals. Stop doing market research to see when we will bite.
[snapback]208768[/snapback]​
well stated...

KevinWHoecker said:

I agree. I suppose we should move the conversation another section. I love the organic nature of the thread though, from an innocent post on the 1926, to chaos, to economics.
[snapback]208775[/snapback]​

Jeebus Jones man, always trying to smooth your effs up over with some redirects. The summary of what you should have learned is simple:

respect your customers (current and potential)
don't act like a know-it-all
if you have the best prices, post it...don't bait us.

But hey, I'm just a newbie

I don't like where it's going either. Having dealt with Ian at billboardtobacco.com all I have to say is this. He has great prices and is a stand up vendor/BOTL. I wouldn't care if someone beat his prices as his service is exceptional. He is prompt and always willing to work with you if an issue comes up.

Plain and simple. I trust Ian. Even if some others here would under cut him I willing to pay the extra for the good service!

KevinWHoecker said:
Ha! You guys are smart, you catch on to everything.

The Forbidden X will be much cheaper on our site after the next Cigar of the Month shipment goes out (the 15th). I didn't want to sell too many of them and then not be able to meet our promise to our CoM members.

[snapback]208743[/snapback]​

What I'm catching onto is that every cigar you mention in your "reviews" (Lars Tetens, Padrón 1964s/1926s, Forbidden X's) are cigars you're trying to sell. Don't insult our intelligence; if you want to sell product, post in the appropriate forum.