• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre-Embargo Cubans

The Camacho Pre-Embargo is made up of 1/3 pre-embargo cuban tobacco filler and is indeed an excellent smoke.

Back to the thread topic....

That is an interesting claim - is that information from a Camacho source, JDriver77?
I've had several in my possession and was always curious as to how much of the cigar actually consists of "pre-embargo cuban tobacco". 1/3 pops up the most in online retailers, reviews and forums as being the ideal blend. Regardless, something stunning is hiding in this particular Camacho, smoke one and you'll see what we mean.

JDriver77 it would be appreciated if you would link to any resources that state that these Camacho Cigars are in fact made of 1/3 pre embargo tobacco? I have been looking for more information , but I haven't found any? Is this cigar still a production cigar from Camacho - I wasn't able to find it on their website? Further information would be appreciated, as I am an admitted skeptic of any claims of pre embargo laced cigars, after having lived through the Paul Magier / Pinar Cigars era and his seemingly endless supply of pre embargo tobacco. :laugh:

JDriver77 it would be appreciated if you would link to any resources that state that these Camacho Cigars are in fact made of 1/3 pre embargo tobacco? I have been looking for more information , but I haven't found any? Is this cigar still a production cigar from Camacho - I wasn't able to find it on their website? Further information would be appreciated, as I am an admitted skeptic of any claims of pre embargo laced cigars, after having lived through the Paul Magier / Pinar Cigars era and his seemingly endless supply of pre embargo tobacco. :laugh:

You're not a blind/assuming follower, who believes what you read at cigar.com or CI? I'm disappointed Kirk.

You're not a blind/assuming follower, who believes what you read at cigar.com or CI? I'm disappointed Kirk.

I know you are just busting my balls ??? .....giving me the business Freakburn, but I am really curious as to where the claim of 1/3 pre-embargo Cuban tobacco originated from...

cigar.com states :

Camacho Pre-Embargo is one of the most unique cigars we carry at Cigar.com. This cigar starts with a Vintage 1999 Jamastran Corojo wrapper that finishes a complex filler that includes authentic Pre-Embargo Cuban tobacco. The aged Cuban tobacco used in this cigar is taken from one of four remaining bales in the world. In its initial tasting by Cigar.com it received a 95, the highest rating we have ever given a cigar!

It has been a long time since we have encountered a cigar of this caliber. In my two decades of cigar smoking, this is without a doubt one of the finest cigars I have ever had the privilege of smoking. The smooth Pre-Embargo filler is complemented nicely by the complex Corojo wrapper. This wrapper comes from one of the first Corojo crops ever grown outside Cuba and is considered a landmark harvest in the cigar industry.

The unique taste of this cigar is almost beyond words. Medium bodied with a rich full flavor, this cigar brings an abundance of flavors to the palate including wood, leather, peat, nuts and some spiciness. This type of complexity is rarely seen and is constantly sought out by aficionados. Available only in a 6" x 48 sizes in handsome bi-folding wood boxes of 25, an unfinished foot give each cigar a nostalgic look that is a reminder of the classic Cuban cigars that were commonplace more than 50 years ago. Sample what may be the finest cigar being made today, and fall in love with a new classic.

cigarinternational states :

Camacho’s finest. A robust, yet elegant treat.

Camacho is synonymous with ‘full.’ Full-bodied, full-flavored, and full of character. Indeed, Camacho blends tend to be powerful yet well-balanced smokes that offer superior flavor and aroma characteristics. This is precisely why makers Christian and Julio Eiroa have developed such a loyal cult-like following.

Camacho Pre-Embargo is one of the most unique cigars on the market. The blend begins with a vintage ’99 Jamastran Corojo wrapper draped around a complex filler blend including a significant portion of authentic pre-embargo Cuban tobacco - the very same tobaccos used in Camacho’s beloved Liberty series. Medium in body with a rich flavor profile, Camacho’s 1962 Pre-Embargo size brings copious amounts of flavor, including wood, leather, nuts, and spices.

Note that cigar.com also says "The aged Cuban tobacco used in this cigar is taken from one of four remaining bales in the world." :0

That too is an amazing marketing claim! Anyone know the number of boxes produced by Camacho of this cigar?

[sup]Well[/sup] [sup]damn if CI says it's so it must be. GB![/sup]

[sup]TB how bout we split a bundle and throw Kirk a fiver?[/sup]

I'm not about to buy my first Camacho, especially not at $25/piece :laugh:

Yeah but they are pre-embargo, so they are probably worth more than that. Think about it we could be the first on the block with them. We will be the envy of all that smoke cigars and know that these are a great deal. ;)

Yeah but they are pre-embargo, so they are probably worth more than that. Think about it we could be the first on the block with them. We will be the envy of all that smoke cigars and know that these are a great deal. ;)

Well hot damn, maybe I could get a box and save it for another 50 years, when my son will be 55 and he can enjoy them as an early retirement gift. Just think, that tobacco will be 100 years old then. If I'm lucky, being 87 at the time, I'd still be able to enjoy one of those. But hell, by that time the embargo might be over and those cigars we paid $25 for, will be worth less then a White Owl.

....for $25.00 each...?? Are you kidding...?? But, according to Cigar.Com (emphasis mine):

Camacho Pre-Embargo is one of the most unique cigars we carry at Cigar.com. This cigar starts with a Vintage 1999 Jamastran Corojo wrapper that finishes a complex filler that includes authentic Pre-Embargo Cuban tobacco. The aged Cuban tobacco used in this cigar is taken from one of four remaining bales in the world. In its initial tasting by Cigar.com it received a 95, the highest rating we have ever given a cigar!

Holy crap...!! Now, that's rare...!! Got to wonder how much pre-embargo tobacco is used in each one...... ;)

Look, smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but IMHO it sure sounds like an expensive gimmick to me.........

I dunno... I had one and I liked it.

Oh and mine was from a CP Secret Santa lol

Just how much exactly is in a bale? Camacho has been selling cigars with pre-embargo tobacco for years and there seems to be a never ending supply.

I dunno about those bales but the one's I've seen pictures of are quite sizable, about 3-4' per side; I can't imagine them weighing much less than a couple hundred pounds. Its like something that would look big on a standard wooden palate.