• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question

carddoug

Banned
My cigars are at 70% humid and I don't like smoking them over 65% I want to smoke one tonight! Is there away to get it down to 60% or so within an hour or two?

My cigars are at 70% humid and I don't like smoking them over 65% I want to smoke one tonight! Is there away to get it down to 60% or so within an hour or two?

You can dry box sticks for a day or two to drop the moisture but I doubt anything would make much difference in an hour or two.

You can dry box sticks for a day or two to drop the moisture but I doubt anything would make much difference in an hour or two.

X2

It's not like you can 'nuke it' like food...

Maybe a short stay in the toaster oven... :laugh:

Yeah... I like to keep a separate humidor with the cigars that I want to smoke soon at a much lower RH. I agree that a little drier when smoking is enjoyable.

I'm willing to bet putting it in a box with some slightly wet salt (but not salt test wet) will draw out moisture as quickly as you're going to be able.

What about putting them in a container, (tupperware, bag, humidor, etc.) with rice? It works for cell phones. I wouldn't leave them long though.

Why don't you humidify at a different level, so you don't have to go through this everytime you smoke? There are different levels of humidification devices available.

A little late to the party, but I'd imagine just letting it sit out in the sunlight for an hour or so would dry it right out. Works for pipe tobacco, at least.