• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reviews Lately

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
Is everybody missing Greg (kingantz) as much as I do? His reviews were one of the things that really made me fall in love with this forum when I joined in 2008. CP used to be where I'd go for reviews and cigar information, but it's all been a little short lately. I'm just as guilty as everyone else. I keep meaning to review more, but I'm sure you all know how that goes...well...

I'm going to try to commit to doing more reviews. They may be short. They may not have pictures. But dammit, I want to get some talk going about specific cigars again.

The bar was certainly raised on cigar reviews over the years. Awesome content to be sure, but the downside is--at least I fear--is that it's intimidated a lot of people into thinking reviews have to be complex, in-depth narratives with tons of pictures. I don't think they have to be, although that certainly is nice if you have the time & gumption. I don't always.

So what say you? Is this observation valid?

Last edited:
You could do a some video reviews. Raise the bar! Maybe start a video review thread? Then again high data use.

I have a bunch of cigars I have been meaning to review, just haven't found the time. I do like reading them though and it does make conversations a little more relevant.

Barry,
I miss "Kingantz" reviews as well.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Greg was/is always my inspiration when I do my reviews. I love what he used to do with the pictures and such descriptive language. Although, his review of the illusione 68 (if I'm recalling the correct one...) was one of my favorites. I believe it was all of 4 words?

I'm with you, Barry. Going to try and get some more reviews up this coming year. Its tough to get free time with the little guy running around here but I'll make it a point to try!