• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristobal Ovation

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
Tonight I finally get some alone time with my cigars. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Cigar: San Cristobal Ovation Toro (2015 Release)

Size: 6.5x52

Price: $13.50

Wrapper : San Andres Oscura

Binder: Nicaragua

Filler: Nicaragua
Prelight: The smell on this stick has what I presume is that barnyard smell. Musty yet a little sweet at the same time. The cold draw does give some flavors of sweet dried fruit. Not often I get anything from a cold draw.

1/3: Throughout the first third I am getting mainly dried fruit. It has a sweetness but not overbearing. Some leather scents are showing up but not to the forefront. Some woods are showing up as well but only if you are paying close attention. Otherwise they just round out the smoke. Body is really not that strong but smoke output is just what I like to see in my cigars. Ash is tight but falls at about an inch. Burn line is good with only slight waving.

2/3: The leather and wood are creeping up a little bit more here but still make a nice balanced smoke. Body is picking up but only slightly.

3/3: The body here is really starting to pick up almost to the point that it is starting to overpower the flavor. Still the flavor carry forward here.

Conclusion: There are a few smokes I have had that just seem to have a real refinement to them. Kind of like the difference between a burger and filet mignon. Burgers are great but a nicely done steak just hits the spot. This is a filet mignon cigar. Not your everyday cigar, but when you want the best, think of the Ovation.

This picture is of the drinks I had during this review. All very good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Will. Did this stick have any spice to it? I haven't had too many SC's but they always seem to be too spicy for me, maybe this is different?

I did not get almost any spice on this one. Not even pepper on the retrohale.

Great review! I'm admittedly not the biggest Pepin fan, but the one San Cristobal I've had (a Fabuloso, inspired by Boar's constant praise) was excellent. Maybe it's time to explore...