• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sources, Fogs, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
SOURCES
This is primarily directed to newer members (those who have been here 2 years or less). If you are seen asking membership to verify a source, your account will be suspended and/or banned. If anyone sees this happening, please PM me and I'll take care of it. If someone can't take the time to read our rules upon joining, they don't belong here. The rules are posted in several locations, and you definitely can't miss them when you join.

FOGS
Apparently newer members these days think they're all "fogs". Just a side note, a "fog" is not someone with the most posts (that's called a post whore, attnention whore, etc. :) ). Rather, someone who has been here for several years (typically more than 4), has contributed to the community, and is an all around upstanding member. Post count means absoloutely nothing when it comes to determining who the "fogs" are. Those who have put their time in have helped to shape CP; it irks me to see newer members blatantly disregarding our long standing rules and core values. Earn your keep and benefits will follow. Those who want direct access to "fogdom" will fail. Enjoy the community for what it is...

I hope this is clear.

I'm asking for EVERYONE to please help enforce this rule. If you see anyone discussing sources or requesting source verification, please let me know. Even though I'm against deleting content, I may have to start deleting threads where people request this information - I will not be at risk for other people's behavior.

I wouldn't be making a big issue out of this if it wasn't necessary.

I like it. Well said Rod, and thank you. (And yes, I know I'm a post-whore! :( )

I have been guilty of all the above. ROD you are the man. When I drag a new guy to CP, I tell them up front about the roles mentioned above.

TWO more years and I'm a FOG... :sign:

He said "fogdom" just like it was a sacred place. LOL!!!!!

Well put Rod and thanks for this great place, your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rod, I believe you said it perfectly. Once again, glad to be part of this community. :thumbs:

Oh - pick me!!! Ooohhhhh!!! Ohhhh!!! Can I FINALLY be a FOG??? Can I??? Oh, please... C'mon!!! :whistling:

I'm asking for EVERYONE to please help enforce this rule. If you see anyone discussing sources or requesting source verification, please let me know. Even though I'm against deleting content, I may have to start deleting threads where people request this information - I will not be at risk for other people's behavior.

I wouldn't be making a big issue out of this if it wasn't necessary.

Oh - pick me!!! Ooohhhhh!!! Ohhhh!!! Can I FINALLY be a FOG??? Can I??? Oh, please... C'mon!!! :whistling:

4 years and you're eligible. You have to know something about cigars too.

Rats... :(

I promise to study up in anticipation of the next opening... :cool:

I guess you can be one, after all, they do call you gramps... :laugh: :sign:

EXCELLENT!!!

Mr_Burns_ExcellentSHOP.jpg

So who shall my first target be...

Status
Not open for further replies.