• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 55 Chevy Project - Low and Blown!

grateful1

Oh My!
If anyone has experience with these...please pm me. I'm looking to put one on a DART block and have EFI. This will go into a 55 Chevy. Thanks!

edit - engine's all set!

Can’t say that I’ve ever worked with one but I’d love to see pics. Nice choice on going with the full blower setup :thumbs:

I wish I had any experience! Nice set-up you're going for! Where is this car? Never seen it at the house!

Might try contacting the gear heads at Blower Drive Service the site has a tech info portion as well as recomendations.

Man BDS takes me back to the days when I worked at HPT, Chuck Etchells driving the BDS Top Fuel Funny Car...................

GO JOHN FORCE!!!

sorry, flashback :0

Under or over driven? 671 or 871? Never used the EFI just mechanical so I can't really help but I'd like to watch the progress. Always wanted to do the quad Weber 48 or 50 IDAs but never did.

671 with Hilborn EFI-671GMC-E/EL

671GMC-EEL.jpg

671 with Hilborn EFI-671GMC-E/EL

Well - we are making headway.
Here are some frame off pic's.

The EFI still has to be ordered - we are working with Dan Fodge.
Chrome is out for re-chroming and we may get the body prep'd and
ready for new paint (nothing wild...just sanding/black/clear).

The frame mock-up and engine look to be done (we hope) by the end of April or mid-May.
Then we hope to powder coating the frame and finish on the engine - assembly by mid-June? :D

more to follow....

<oh - we went with a 671 from 'The Blower Shop'.>
<< oh oh - Dart 350 M block stroked to 403 with a 671 blower and Fodge EFI - Wilwood brakes all around - Fatman Fab. front clip with coilovers (2-3in drop) - rear Art Morrision 4-bar suspension with coilover and swaybar(3-4in drop) - center braces and cross member with custom exhaust thru frame - Ford 9" rear. :D >>

OK..here are some photo's - linky!

DSCN1628-2.jpg

Some are duplicates...I have to go through and reorganize the pictures.

I have to take some more shots this week as a lot more has been done.

On November 8th, 2008th we are scheduled to tune and dyno the car.

Sometime this week(end) we are suppose to turn it over for the first time!

Pretty friggin' sweet!

I'll get the specs in order and try to get those posted.

About time we got some more eye candy. Looking good. :thumbs:

You should rattle some windows when that thing fires.

Beautiful work.
I'll BET you can't wait to turn it over for the first time.

Great photos and project. I would love to see the specs and more photos.

Oh, just a suggestion, but maybe a little chrome would really make it look sharp. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gary,
Is that an A/C compressor I see mounted on the passenger side of the engine?