• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Letters - Update December 21, 2008

Saw a letter posted on another forum dated 13 April 2016.

3 boxes snagged:
2@25 Partagas and 1@10 Cohiba snagged at JFK.

I usually get my orders w/in a week of the shipping date from a very popular source. It's going on a month, so I'm waiting for the dreaded "letter" to come.
It's a waste of government resources if you ask me. I think they should spend their time looking for bombs and drugs and leave the almost legal CC's alone.
I sure hope Trump is a Cuban cigar smoker.

I usually get my orders w/in a week of the shipping date from a very popular source. It's going on a month, so I'm waiting for the dreaded "letter" to come.
It's a waste of government resources if you ask me. I think they should spend their time looking for bombs and drugs and leave the almost legal CC's alone.
I sure hope Trump is a Cuban cigar smoker.

I would check with the vendor and see if others are in the same boat.

It's been probably a couple of years since a whole pallet of stuff got pushed to the back in NY customs. My vendor offered to refund at the time but I knew a number had been tracked to a USPS facility in NY which research indicated was a customs entry point. About six or seven weeks after initial shipment, items hit my mailbox and a number of other mailboxes.

Christmas rush, Christmas holidays, many Government employees with vacation time built up take vacation over the holidays.

It's cold, they are well sealed. I would be antsy but not major concerned until around Jan 10th or so.

You're right, I just spoke to my vendor and he said basically the same thing.

Ordered some cigars late December 2020 early January 2021. The two tracking numbers have been in limbo, one leaving NY and the other leaving SC. Ordered some cigars from the same vendor for our group buy in February and those cigars got here in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I check the mail and I have a letter from US Customs and Border Protection. Said letter stated that they had confiscated 50 cuban cigars. Was wondering if anyone had gotten their cigars confiscated lately? It had been a long time since I had heard of any confiscations.

Contacted vendor for resolution, will keep you posted.
Update Patrol to Protection, showing my age, LOL

Last edited:
Ordered some cigars late December 2020 early January 2021. The two tracking numbers have been in limbo, one leaving NY and the other leaving SC. Ordered some cigars from the same vendor for our group buy in February and those cigars got here in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I check the mail and I have a letter from US Customs and Border Patrol. Daid letter stated that they had confiscated 50 cuban cigars. Was wondering if anyone had gotten their cigars confiscated lately? It had been a long time since I had heard of any confiscations.

Damn, that's the first I've heard of in a loooong time. Hopefully the vendor takes care of you.

I've often wondered about this.

All it takes is one person in customs who likes Cuban cigars, or even just does 10 minutes of research, and they could easily be able to zero in on the appropriate packages?

Maybe they have a quota to meet and they just randomly pick a package?

The cigars originated in Slovakia, not your typical route that they would alert on.

I had a shipment snagged by customs last August coming from The Netherlands. Tracking showed it awaiting clearance for months until the tracking link expired. Was waiting daily for a letter but never received one. I'm guessing there's a CBP agent enjoying some very aged cigars courtesy of me.

Yesterday I check the mail and I have a letter from US Customs and Border Patrol. Daid letter stated that they had confiscated 50 cuban cigars. Was wondering if anyone had gotten their cigars confiscated lately? It had been a long time since I had heard of any confiscations.

That really sucks!!
I have had 4 boxes returned to the sender because of customs, but it’s been several years since I’ve received “the letter”