• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Walking Dead on AMC

I am really liking the way they are writing this series. I especially like how you see what happened to society before TWD. Great finale coming up in a couple of weeks.

I had to wait until I watched it before popping in here. It would seem to me that Madison would have been seriously outgunned during that exchange had any one of Connor's men had a gun with them.

I'm glad to see Alex again. Can't blame her for being pissed. The way they cut things it seemed like she may eventually become a legit rival for our gang. Based on the info that Alycia who plays Alicia (that's got to be confusing on set) leaked on Talking Dead, it sounds like the producers cut a scene from the episode where Alex explicitly said she would Travis and Alicia escape. Anyone know how many people are left from Connor's group? Best I can count it's Jack, Vida and Alex now. Vida is locked in the cage. Alex is going rogue and Jack is now heartbroken. The rest are now all zombies or on the way to becoming zombies.

So my step sister thinks I be a bit unhinged, best if I go to her bedroom and talk with her to make sure we clear up any misunderstanding. Wait. What's this knife doing over there on the bedside table. Best if I walk over there and pick it up while they are still sleeping...oh snap, bummer they woke up to find me holding said knife while hovering over them. Didn't mean anything by it. Just another misunderstanding. I should go.

I'm going to feel verrrrrry manipulated by the show runners if this kid doesn't need shanking by the end of the season. Just saying.

Ok, this episode was the one where I finally felt engaged....we're starting to get into the post-initial zombie shock phase and into the development of the dark craziness. Some nice parallels with the original series, reticence to give up loved ones so they live in the basement vs. Virgil's barn.

"Where's Nick?"
"Ummmmm...."
"Seriously, where did he go?"
"You aren't going to like this..."
"He went tampon again, didn't he?"
"Yeah. Wait, there he comes with another walker."

I'm checking out 2 new series. Preacher, and Outcast. Both look like pulp fiction (the genre, not the movie) or similar. Halfway into Preacher. It's campy, insane, and a bit fun.

edit: to clarify

Last edited:
I have Preacher on TiVo. I might watch it tonight.

As for this most recent episode, well, it all kind of fell flat for me. I really didn't care that they all broke up at the end. And for the life of me, I can't figure out which group I would want to be the central story line. I think I most prefer Madison because she seems the most rational out of the bunch. I'm not sure I really want to follow three different characters deal with mental illness. One would have been enough. All told I thought this was a weak episode.

I subbed this guy a while back. Love his contraptions and sense of humor. A little Lucille half science:

All caught up.

Was talking in the office today about who Neegan killed.

One says Daryl, and another says Maggie.

I don't know, but offing Maggie would definitely get everyone worked up.

Also, with no doctor at the moment, they would struggle with how she would deliver the baby.

From a real world perspective, seems like it would be tough to have two infants/toddlers on set, so maybe Maggie is a budget choice...

Oh well, Halloween is right around the corner.

Good thought it makes sense. It would also upset a lot of fans. I'm sticking with Glen though.

If you guys want to really know what the current and consistently reliable source says about who Negan played whack-a-mole with, let me know and I'll post it. No guarantee, but this person's track record is 100%, so far.

So, anyone wonder how Abraham's box of cigars smoked????