Trinidad Brand Being Discontinued

Discussion in 'Cuban Cigar Forum' started by Light this!, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Light this!

Light this! Licensed to Kill

Shoot this sucks. I really like the Coloniales, Reyes and the Robusto Extra's with some age. This brand is a bit pricey and maybe one of the reasons. http://www.thecigarsmoker.com/blog/

2. chiefmd

chiefmd Bone Fixer

Ah damn. :0 I'm going to order some tonight.

on second thought..you're right..they are pricey.

3. grateful1

grateful1 Oh My!

This has been discussed for some time.

Certain sizes will stay...and others will come back.

4. Backslide

Backslide RASCClicious

It's a sad day indeed. I've also read multiple reports stating that the entire line has been discontinued.

5. thechenman

thechenman No One of Consequence

The entire line has been discontinued. The plan is to cease production of all Trinidads and bring the cigar back in a few years time in different vitolas, possibly different blend as well.

6. chiefmd

chiefmd Bone Fixer

It's a good cigar line but rather than stock up I'd probably just buy some PSDs.

7. rawrr

rawrr New Member

A bad new.
    It is not my favorite brand, but I enjoy some variety from time to time.
    I will definitively miss it.

8. JHolmes763

JHolmes763 Drinkin' the koolaid

Not a huge Cuban fan, but of the few I've been sampling over here lately, Trinidad has stood out as my favorite. They were pretty pricey, so I won't miss them that much, though.

9. Light this!

They will have a fancy band and be put in a lacquer box when they return and charge you even more money for them. Way to go HSA :thumbs:

10. duglynukem

duglynukem Nuclear Advocate

Gary, the information I have indicates that all Trinidad regular production sizes will be discontinued this year. http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Trinidad

11. Light this!

Wtf? Now they are saying that the Fundi's, Coloniales and Reyes are still going to be produced and that the Robusto Extras and T's are going to be discontinued. Wasn't that what they initially said? http://www.thecigarsmoker.com/blog/

12. chiefmd

chiefmd Bone Fixer

I'm just going to stick to PSDs.

13. Nashkicker

Nashkicker Kick Ass Duke

I'm just going to stick with NCs. :thumbs:

14. thechenman

thechenman No One of Consequence

Damn...news flows so fast these days and there is some much ready misinformation as people spread the news from source to source. So it looks like the guys in Hamburg were wrong on this, they published information about the discontinuation of the Trinidad marca, when the news really hadn't changed from what was originally released from Habanos SA, which was production would cease on all vitolas with the exception of the Fundadores, Reyes and Coloniales. Sheesh...what' going to come up next? Maybe we'll soon be hearing/reading that our Non-Cuban cigars are really not authentic because they are actually being made with Cuban tobacco.

15. slevy007

slevy007 The Broke Smoker & 2006 Ash Standing Champion!

crea

Yeah, there are some terrible rumours that have been perverted and mutated into fact.. This is one them... The other is HSA's 10% price increase... That one is the worst... There has been no such actual anouncement, but many places have already jacked everything up... Ridiculous

16. Wurm

Wurm Bratwurst and Beer

Guess I'll stop at the B&M and grab a few just to have. Usually too pricey for my tastes.

17. Johnny-O!

Johnny-O! Member

I get the feeling that the initial info release was concerns about market conditions in Germany. The Robu and RE rumor has circulated at LaCorona in Havana but orders are still coming in and these cigars are going out. So, don't know about any deadline. As they like to say in Cuba: "Those are things about Communism you will never understand". John

18. MoeCizlak

MoeCizlak Built for comfort

I agree. ;)