• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trinidad Brand Being Discontinued

Ah damn. :0 I'm going to order some tonight.

on second thought..you're right..they are pricey.

This has been discussed for some time.

Certain sizes will stay...and others will come back.

It's a sad day indeed. I've also read multiple reports stating that the entire line has been discontinued.

The entire line has been discontinued. The plan is to cease production of all Trinidads and bring the cigar back in a few years time in different vitolas, possibly different blend as well.

It's a good cigar line but rather than stock up I'd probably just buy some PSDs.

A bad new.
It is not my favorite brand, but I enjoy some variety from time to time.
I will definitively miss it.

Not a huge Cuban fan, but of the few I've been sampling over here lately, Trinidad has stood out as my favorite. They were pretty pricey, so I won't miss them that much, though.

They will have a fancy band and be put in a lacquer box when they return and charge you even more money for them. Way to go HSA :thumbs:

Damn...news flows so fast these days and there is some much ready misinformation as people spread the news from source to source. So it looks like the guys in Hamburg were wrong on this, they published information about the discontinuation of the Trinidad marca, when the news really hadn't changed from what was originally released from Habanos SA, which was production would cease on all vitolas with the exception of the Fundadores, Reyes and Coloniales. Sheesh...what' going to come up next? Maybe we'll soon be hearing/reading that our Non-Cuban cigars are really not authentic because they are actually being made with Cuban tobacco.

Damn...news flows so fast these days and there is some much ready misinformation as people spread the news from source to source. So it looks like the guys in Hamburg were wrong on this, they published information about the discontinuation of the Trinidad marca, when the news really hadn't changed from what was originally released from Habanos SA, which was production would cease on all vitolas with the exception of the Fundadores, Reyes and Coloniales. Sheesh...what' going to come up next? Maybe we'll soon be hearing/reading that our Non-Cuban cigars are really not authentic because they are actually being made with Cuban tobacco.
crea

Yeah, there are some terrible rumours that have been perverted and mutated into fact.. This is one them... The other is HSA's 10% price increase... That one is the worst... There has been no such actual anouncement, but many places have already jacked everything up... Ridiculous

Guess I'll stop at the B&M and grab a few just to have. Usually too pricey for my tastes.

I get the feeling that the initial info release was concerns about market conditions in Germany. The Robu and RE rumor has circulated at LaCorona in Havana but orders are still coming in and these cigars are going out. So, don't know about any deadline. As they like to say in Cuba: "Those are things about Communism you will never understand". John

I agree. ;)

The entire line has been discontinued. The plan is to cease production of all Trinidads and bring the cigar back in a few years time in different vitolas, possibly different blend as well.