• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vikes Bets

MNBrian

All right.

Here's the deal. No one buys into my MN Vikings this year (which I think is crazy). People are still saying ludicrous things like the Packers are a better squad or the Bears are going to end the season with a better record. I call bullshit. And I'm willing to put YOUR CC's where my mouth is.

So here's the bet. I call the Vikes to win the next 7 games. If you think they are going to lose, we do a one for one bet on that game. Vikes win and you send me 5 cc's of your choice (minimum $50). Vikes lose, and I'll send you 5 cc's of my choice (minimum $50). First taker for the following games will be listed below.

Week 7: Vikes at Eagles - 57Strat - LOST :(
Week 8: Vikes at Bears - No Takers - LOST :(
Week 9: Lions at Vikings - Tall Paul - LOST :(
Week 10: Vikings at Redskins - Pugman - LOST :(
Week 11: Cardinals at Vikings - Vikes Won but no takers.
Week 12: Vikings at Lions - CMontoya -LOST :(
Week 13: Cowboys at Vikings - Tall Paul -LOST :(

For the record, I think they'll go undefeated in general this year, but this bet is for a game-to-game basis, not for the Vikes to remain undefeated through week 13.

Bring it on.

**Update: All packages were shipped (as the losses rolled in) and the last two should be received today! I'd like to think I learned my lesson but I probably didn't. :)**

Last edited:
Aw, what the heck, I'll take week #10 ( did you just come back from Colorado with some of that funny stuff?).

What's that Scap? I'll put you down for all the bets? ;)

I thought about it, because if I recall neither of us do well on sports bets, but I didn't want to somehow cosmically break the NFL by causing every game to tie.

I thought about it, because if I recall neither of us do well on sports bets, but I didn't want to somehow cosmically break the NFL by causing every game to tie.

Baha. Well that is very true. But also if I remember right, I have a history of doing even worse than you. So you might win every bet you bring. After all, I am drinking the purple Koolaid. Zimmer drops off a cup at my door every morning for breakfast.

You think they'll go undefeated? Although I'm not a Sooner fan, I'm glad that Sam Bradford finally found a home that fits his style. He was always a great quarterback, glad he's found a team.

You think they'll go undefeated? Although I'm not a Sooner fan, I'm glad that Sam Bradford finally found a home that fits his style. He was always a great quarterback, glad he's found a team.

Honestly I think they will. Every post game locker room speech by Zimmer always starts with this -

"Good job guys, you did some good things. Just remember - you're only as good as the last victory. Go do it again. You think that win mattered? It doesn't. Don't listen to anyone else."

And every player in that locker room blows the roof off.

I think this team realizes that they can be something special if they take nothing for granted. It fueled their fires a lot that it took 5 undefeated weeks just to take the "no 1" spot on most power rankings. Even now people are saying their soft schedule is to blame for their wins. I think unbelief in this team is the best thing for this team. And I see it continuing throughout the year. That seems to be the brilliance of Zimmer. He used the thing Vikings players had tons of (doubt) and made it into fuel.

Baha. Well that is very true. But also if I remember right, I have a history of doing even worse than you. So you might win every bet you bring. After all, I am drinking the purple Koolaid. Zimmer drops off a cup at my door every morning for breakfast.

Dude, I suck so bad at football that I didn't know the Vikings were purple.

Dude, I suck so bad at football that I didn't know the Vikings were purple.
Man, everyone must be scared... If I made this bet at the beginning of the year, the whole season would've been full up. :)

I just don't feel like losing. I'm hoping the NFC north title comes down to the Packers vs Vikings on Christmas Eve. The following week it's Vikings vs Bears and Packers vs Lions. I really hope it doesn't come down to Week 17.

Man, everyone must be scared... If I made this bet at the beginning of the year, the whole season would've been full up. :)

I just know better than to bet on something I know nothing about. :p

I get enough of that at work.

I just don't feel like losing. I'm hoping the NFC north title comes down to the Packers vs Vikings on Christmas Eve. The following week it's Vikings vs Bears and Packers vs Lions. I really hope it doesn't come down to Week 17.

I just don't see it going that far. The Bears are a mess and the Lions are a dumpster fire right now. Even the packers defense looks pretty terrible. I mean, you can never count out A Rodg, but that defense without Sam Shields is just atrocious.

What did I say about the Packers... there's something seriously wrong with Aaron Rodgers. And I'm not just drinking the purple kool-aid. Honestly it feels good to see him struggle, but this is too much... If he can't get rid of the yips, he'll be hard pressed to make the Hall of Fame at this rate...

What did I say about the Packers... there's something seriously wrong with Aaron Rodgers. And I'm not just drinking the purple kool-aid. Honestly it feels good to see him struggle, but this is too much... If he can't get rid of the yips, he'll be hard pressed to make the Hall of Fame at this rate...

He's an arrogant dick, who can play great football. The problem is that he's struggling, maybe it's Olivia Munn, but you're right. If he isn't playing well, the team isn't playing well.

Alright. 57 Strat, send me your addy. I owe you 5 sticks. I'm holding to this bet. My Vikes will figure it out after their one loss... :( I knew this would be the hardest game they had this year.