• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I had some Stranahans Colorado Whiskey and then a Buffalo Belgian Stout. I have never seen a stout from Belgium and it was a trip. If you see it get it out of sheer curiosity.

I just drank some blue Chimay today. Not bad, but for $10 it's not worth it IMHO.

The Grand Reserve benefits from age.....hell, it needs it. Grab a few bottles and stash them away. They say it can be aged for 8-10 years, which is pretty incredible for a beer.

Have you tried the Cinq Cents?

I haven't tried Cinq Cents.

I wish I can properly store some bottles for aging, but I don't have a wine cooler. Would it be wise to store it at room temperature? I didn't know beers can be stored for that long.

Sure, as long as your house doesn't stay really warm. Keep them in the darkest, coolest spot you can find. Unlike wine, store them upright.

I have never seen a stout from Belgium and it was a trip. If you see it get it out of sheer curiosity.

Sounds interesting. I cannot remember who makes it now, but there's a Belgian IPA out there now, too. It's basically a tripel with a good dose of American Pacific Northwest hops. It's pretty good, but different. I want to say it's from the same brewery that makes La Chouffe, but it's been a while.....

I have never seen a stout from Belgium and it was a trip. If you see it get it out of sheer curiosity.

Sounds interesting. I cannot remember who makes it now, but there's a Belgian IPA out there now, too. It's basically a tripel with a good dose of American Pacific Northwest hops. It's pretty good, but different. I want to say it's from the same brewery that makes La Chouffe, but it's been a while.....

Is this it?? -- Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel

edited to add bold type!

edited to add bold type!

That would be the one! Just remembered that I found another one called "Hop It." Interesting stuff.

<---------- drooling at the Stone IS

edited to add bold type!

That would be the one! Just remembered that I found another one called "Hop It." Interesting stuff.

Put me down for a Spaten Optimator tonight. Good God I love spring, so I can get my doppels! :love:

Alaskan Smoked Porter compliments of either swissy or peterscreek (got some from both).

FANTASTIC!!!!

Three fingers of Pusser's Rum with a twist of lime. Don't want to get scurvy.

Doc.

Little finger, pointing finger and thumb.......right :p

Optimator before dinner, Warsteiner Dunkel with dinner, and Glenmorangie 12 as I type this. All were great. My last sixer of Optimator was a bit skunky, but this first bottle of the second six seems fine. I must have taken the front sixer by accident; I always try to take from the back of the shelf so they have been sitting in the shade. I wish Spaten would stop using green glass...

Optimator before dinner, Warsteiner Dunkel with dinner, and Glenmorangie 12 as I type this. All were great. My last sixer of Optimator was a bit skunky, but this first bottle of the second six seems fine. I must have taken the front sixer by accident; I always try to take from the back of the shelf so they have been sitting in the shade. I wish Spaten would stop using green glass...

I have kind of grown to like the skunky taste of german lagers! I don't know why, but it makes them better for session drinking

I have kind of grown to like the skunky taste of german lagers!

I don't think I'd say I like it, but a little skunk juice doesn't bother me. I pretty much expect a degree of skunkiness to green glass imports. I did pick up a six-pack of Spaten Pils at the grocery store last year that was absolutely rancid though, and I couldn't even drink it, which kind of ticked me off. That's when I started digging to the back of the shelf.

Lets revive this thing.

This weekend I had a nice selection:

Spaten Premium Lager - This is currently one of my summer/every day working in the yard beers.

Lion Imperial Lager - Just alright, don't go out of your way to get it. The Lion stout however is fantastic.

Rochefort 8 - A great Belgian Strong Dark Ale

Malheur 10 - My first time trying this Belgian Strong Pale Ale. Very good.

Maredsous 8 - Dubbel - Another tasty Belgian.

Longtrail Double Bag from a great brother on this site. Thanks again, they are REALLY good! Only problem is I'm almost out. :(

I figured I'd bump this since I had so many great beers this weekend.

Among others, I had a St. Bernardus ABT 12, Val-Dieu Grand Cru, and several 3 Philosophers. All three were fantastic, but my personal favorite was the Grand Cru.

If any of you are ever in the Atlanta area, I highly recommend The Brick Store Pub in Decatur. They have an absolutely amazing beer selection, especially if you like Belgians.

I also had a Tomahawk at the Braves game, which might have been the worst beer I've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.