• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you do to your vehicle lately?

Scap

I spent some quality time with the Gray Ghost this afternoon.

All rotors and pads upgraded to Powerstop's Truck and Tow setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20160709_151954.jpg
    IMG_20160709_151954.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Latest was a new Alternator ($225.00 plus $40.00 for tow). About a month prior, I put 3K+ into it. I'm hoping it lasts 2 or 3 more years.

This past week I had a new speed sensor cable installed on the front left. Old one was causing idiot lights about servicing brake assist and traction control. Local Chevy dealer wanted $300 to replace the cable. My mechanic did it for $85 parts and labor.
Put a new set of tires all the way around and went with some Continental's. Ratings and customer reviews were very good so decided to give them a try.
Also had the old OEM battery checked as it was 5 years old and it was weak so replaced it with a new Interstate heavy duty and went ahead and did an oil change, even though still had 600 miles before service recommended.
Wife and I are planning to go visit our son and family next month and now should be ready to go.

Changed the oil last week, if that counts. :p

Other than that, I need to wash it and rotate the tires, but I need some recovery days off of work before I get around to that. The perils of having a vehicle that doesn't fit in any automatic carwashes...

My Fox 2.0 coilovers showed up. Wonder if I can do those without a two post lift.

My 18 month old 24k mile Altima just got a Transmission Swap under warranty. Now I see why they're go for less than Toyota/Hondas...

My 18 month old 24k mile Altima just got a Transmission Swap under warranty. Now I see why they're go for less than Toyota/Hondas...

Wife had good luck with her Altima. She's on her second Infiniti now. Nissan has been good to us over the years.

Pissed on the driver side front tire. Probably added to it's value, too. :)

Wife had good luck with her Altima. She's on her second Infiniti now. Nissan has been good to us over the years.
Yea I think it's just this Mexico made CVT transmission that's their main problem. Chatting with the service manager I found out that he sees this fairly often and the worst case was one tranny at 5 miles! Hah!

Yea I think it's just this Mexico made CVT transmission that's their main problem. Chatting with the service manager I found out that he sees this fairly often and the worst case was one tranny at 5 miles! Hah!

Ah yes, the I seem to recall that the CVT have been problematic.

I haven't heard anything good about CVT transmissions in ANY make. I have relatives who have had nothing but problems with a Ford they bought brand new.

My wife had a Nissan XTerra for a bunch of years -- put about 100K on it with nary a hiccup. She's really afraid of that old "100,000 mile curse", where vehicles tended to shite the bed at that high mileage. I also suspect she just had New Car Fever in 2010 and wanted to trade it in on something newer. She's been very happy with the Jeep, and I've been very happy breaking it for her (as one should do with a Jeep). :)

Alrighty then. Fox Coilovers are in.

Phone isn't playing nice on the uploading of pics. I'll try to add them later.

Attachments

• IMG_20160716_111419.jpg
    IMG_20160716_111419.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2
Old vs new
IMG_20160716_111419.jpg

Had to bust the tie rod ball joint, the upper control arm ball joint, and sway bar end link to gut the factory assembly.
IMG_20160716_095538.jpg

New in place.
IMG_20160716_101728.jpg

Before (rear blocks removed to level out the factory rake)IMG_20160219_163208.jpg

After (rear blocks reinstalled and new coilovers bring the front up removing the rake but adding 1.5-2" overall height.)
IMG_20160716_133730.jpg

You should think about some bigger meat on that. Although that's probably just my twenty years down here in Texas talking. :rolleyes:

Nice truck, though.

~Boar

You should think about some bigger meat on that. Although that's probably just my twenty years down here in Texas talking. :rolleyes:

Nice truck, though.

~Boar

Yeah next set of tires will be taller to help fill the wheel wells.

Those are 31.5" tall, but the 20" rim makes it a low profile sidewall.

Very nice. Also makes me very happy I have an archaic shock absorber/torsion bar setup. Shock replacement in about 20 minutes for all four corners, a few twists on the bars, and instant front lift (as long as you are mindful of the CV angles)!

I have to do a coilover change on my daughter's Mini here in the near future. Looks straightforward enough, but I'm not exactly counting the days...